Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Archive] Introductions

Hello and welcome to Lazarus' Forum!

I am Istandor, a returning player of 12 years. I have been in countless regions under different names... but never really considered a sinker region until today. I'm always looking to chill so hit me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Lazarus! I can't say exactly why, but I felt like there was some sort of pressure for me to post here!  :lol:

An intriguingly confident entrance. Welcome to Lazarus, it's nice to meet.

I'm Imaginary/Sylven, been playing NS for ~7 years and just showed up in Laz in 2017. It's been really fun though working on stuff here. I hope you have a similar time!

Are you interested in telling us about your long history and experiences of NS? It's fine if not, but I love hearing peoples' stories.

Imaginary;8558 said:
An intriguingly confident entrance. Welcome to Lazarus, it's nice to meet.

I'm Imaginary/Sylven, been playing NS for ~7 years and just showed up in Laz in 2017. It's been really fun though working on stuff here. I hope you have a similar time!

Are you interested in telling us about your long history and experiences of NS? It's fine if not, but I love hearing peoples' stories.

I am from TWP but also have CTEd on and off in this region over 2 years. :p

Imaginary friends is what keeps the sarcasm alive in Sarcasnia. Been playing NS for 15 years, mostly call Jethnea home but have been in Laz many many eons ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all.

Although I have had a nation in Lazarus for about a month, I was only recently appointed Ambassador from The East Pacific. My main nation is Evrigenis and my resident nation is Sebmrtan, but you can just call me y0. I look forward to cultivating a relationship with you. If you have any questions about TEP, feel free to reach out here, on the RMB, or on Discord!

Imaginary;8711 said:
Your name(s?) seems like it has a story behind it that I'm interested in hearing one day. :p

Welcome!

All of them have multiple meanings; in my RPs in TEP, I am somewhat known for spending an inordinate amount of time thinking of names. Here are short explanations of a few of them:

Evrigenis
1) a semi-obscure Greek last name. I wanted it to be easily searchable and my RP nation is based on ancient Greek philosophy.
2) Every + Genus. iRP Evrigenis is also extremely multi-cultural and multilingual.
3) letter scrambling. Many of my nations include this feature.

Sebmrtan
1) A transliteration of the Serbian word for "immortal," "????????" (besmrtan). It was the first nation I sent to a sinker, and I thought naming that nation after immortality would be fittingly ironic.
2) letter scrambling.
3) Before I made the nation, Google/Bing/etc had no results for it.

borromeanWhyKnot
1) Evrigenis' flag is Borromean rings, also known as a Borromean knot in other languages. I might explain the multifaceted symbolism of Ev's flag in a separate post.
2) I used the Borromean Islands of Italy as inspiration for some of my iRP geography.
3) WhyKnot has a homophone with "Why not?", the question of innovation.
4) camelCase. For anyone who can program, this reference is probably the most obvious.
5) exactly zero search results before I made forum profiles.

y0 or y0​ (where subscripts are supported, the latter is preferred)
1) A minimally lossy way to abbreviate borromeanWhyKnot per unit keystroke.
2) looks similar to the greeting. I like to be friendly and say hi to everyone.
3) y naught, the initial value of height. I am still quite new and I like to think of myself as just beginning.
4) it is none of my puppets names and the nation that had that name CTEd a couple years ago. I don't want to be someone else to be confused with me and I don't want to say that I am synonymous one of my many nations-I am all of them.

Bonus: Huzza
Since Warzone Airspace is currently a Lazarene colony, I may as well add this in.
1) Huzzah!
2) letter scrambling

What are the stories behind your names? This is a question open to ALL, not just Sylven Razeduck/Imaginary.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Oh great scott! Thanks for such a thorough explanation. While I haven't done a whole lot with RP, I have participated in this game with a number of different nations. Their names and name-stories are as follows:

Wolfdon
My first nation! My favorite animals at the time were wolves, so I wanted to mix up that into the kingdom I was creating. Unfortunately, WolfdoM was taken, so I went with the next best thing.

FYI my favorite animal is now the cheetah. :p

Sylven (Razedusk)
I'm a sucker for sylvery globs of consonants stuck together... If I recall correctly I originally wanted the nation "Sylver" but that was taken. I really like Sylven though. It just sounds really cool, and it's a little off from any actual name for anything else (Sylvan, Dylan etc >:)). One odd side-effect of it is that people usually assume I'm a guy though... even when my flag is of some cute anime girl! :(

I got the name Razedusk because at some point I was the NS daughter of Red Dusk of the Duskania family. RD retired pretty soon after, and I became the daughter of Maria Raith. I merged the two names into Raithdusk because it sounds totally epic... but the Raith family turned nasty so I left, changing my name to Razedusk.

*fire emoji*

Your Imaginary Friend
I made this nation when a friend of mine, Siburria, started a new little region. I didn't want him to know I was there because I didn't want to get super involved or anything, but I wanted to give the place a lil emotional support and then randomly surprise him with who I was someday. The region died really fast (probably because he was the founder of another - successful - region at the same time) and that's right when all the cray stuff started happening in Laz that I wanted to sneak into. I decided to join with Your Imaginary Friend because I wanted to be like a secret support to a better Lazarus! :p

This is a fun topic lol, thanks for making it a thing y0!

Oh wow no one said hi to you but you're literally the most charming person ever person so here..

*bakes giant fluffy bluberri muffins slathered in poppyseed icing for*

Welcome to Laz Mia!

Back