Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Archive] Introductions

All these name stories are fascinating. I appreciate them. As promised, here's a the story about my flags. All of them can be viewed here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1343089

So, my first flag ever was the Greek flag because I had an interest in Greek democracy and philosophy. As mentioned in the OP, this turned into my RP inspiration.

While trying to learn how to worldbuild, I created my second flag: "Kallipolis Wanderer". I had the idea to put my iRP capital on a mountain and added in the Parthenon-style Capitol. Kallipolis means "beautiful city" in Greek, and I thought it was quite fitting. Even today, the Evrigenese capital in NS is Kallipolis! I was also inspired by the style of "Wanderer above the Sea of Fog", so I added a nod to that in the title. I later decided that "Kallipolis Wanderer" wasn't very flag-like and wanted to keep it in a different form. (Those of you who know me on Discord are familiar with a reincarnation of KW, but I didn't join Discord until much later).

At the time, I had just unlocked the custom banner page and was excited to place it there. However, I had to replace it with something interesting. To keep with the Greek theme, I started with a tricolour of blue and white. The white stared back at me, begging to be filled. An emblem looked just about right. I chose the unequally sized Borromean rings to represent the three branches of government. They are intertwined yet separate, and obviously different sizes. Each ring is in one of three primary colours of computer screens (Red, Green, Blue) to represent the prominence of the Information Technology industry. I further added a rounded triangle to symbolize unity.

What's your flag story? I'd love to hear it! If you weren't here for the first time around, please share your name story too!

Oh... hello there? Uh, Well... lessee, I'm a fellow from Caer Sidi, can't rightly remember how long I've been playing NS, typically on and off mind you. Got asked by one of the folks going by the Discord name Vara if I wanted to be an ambassador or... yeah ambassador! So... here I am, drumming my finger nervously, butterflies in my stomach, stubbly, with shortish hair and a chaotic sparkle in my eye... oh... and I'm wearing a damned Jesters outfit, the colours clash something fierce...

Theres a question, I love roleplaying, done it since I was nearly four years old so... on that front I am really knowledgeable, not to say I know everything, there's still plenty to learn just that I know a lot. Anyway!

I'm here to sign up and be Caer Sidis Ambassador for this... region thing... do you guys have milk and cookies?

Welcome. :)

Hello again everyone.

I have once again returned to Lazarus. My apologies for disappearing so suddenly earlier. The ongoing pandemic caused a significant shift in my focus of attention. I hope to meet you all again.

Welcome back! :)

Hello all! I'm Rainbow Cat. I'm also a TNP citizen. That's... all I have to say. ;) (No, I'm not an ambassador.)

You can ask me anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had a choice between having an ugly partner but forever true love; or; a beautiful partner but only a week of lust, which would you choose?

Cake, even though it is probably a lie.

I am thankful for Imkihca. She authored the first draft of the 12th Mandate, so it seems. I hope we can stay true to her ideas. Although we don't know one another my admiration and respect for her is sincere.

I am thankful to the person who made Lazarus a sinker region. I am uneducated in who it really was that gave us zombies.

I am thankful for all the new citizens who took their oaths after I did. I would have been sad should there have been little interest since I became a Lazarene again.

Where's the "I need to have both to compare" excuse option?

Welcome!

Back