has nominated the following players to serve as state officials:

Court Justices:

Atlantica
Wymondham

Councillor for Lazarene Security:

John Laurens

Minister for the Lazarene Regional Guard:

Legalist Zombal

Please discuss said nominations in this thread.

Per prior precedent, the minimum discussion period began at the time the Delegate posted the nominations (21:24 on July 10th, 2019.)

Atlantica and Wymondham both seem like excellent candidates for the Court.

Zombal,  what kind of plans do you have in mind for the Guard? Do you intend to change the law regarding it?

I didn't think John Laurens was suitable for the cabinet and for the same reasons I don't think he's suitable for the CLS. Not only that, but being confirmed as a councillor should be an honour reserved only for those who have demonstrated the utmost dedication, as Imki did. It doesn't make sense to appoint somebody to this position because it was difficult to find somewhere else for them. I cannot support his appointment.

Atlantica and Wymondham are good picks for judges. Nothing more to say.

I am also confident that Legalist Zombal will do well as Director. He has the experience and competence necessary to lead it, and I wholeheartedly support his nomination.

I am unsure if we want more CLS members. So, to JL: what do you expect your duties on the CLS to be, and how would it lead to a positive effect on Lazarus? I am not opposed nor in favour just yet. I do have my doubts wether it would be a good idea to appoint more people as CLS outside of the dedicated, long-time natives we currently have.

My plans would include a few minor law changes allowing us to work with our allies in their general operations, I would do my best to keep the guard active and aim to strengthen it's forces as to bring Lazarus a larger role in the GP community.

So if for example Osiris do another Politics Amino, will we assist in their destruction?

Also I don't really like the examples of operations that could happen under Pi:

1) nothing at all
2) "anti-fascist" operations that are non ANTIFA (aka jokes of operations)
3) changing the law and bascially being a puppet military due to you already being commander of Hartfelden

Also other reasons are making me vote against

whatermelons;6548 said:
So if for example Osiris do another Politics Amino, will we assist in their destruction?

1) nothing at all
3) changing the law and bascially being a puppet military due to you already being commander of Hartfelden

Why are non ANTIFA anti facist operations a joke?
Also, I highly doubt LZ is going to make The Regional Guard a puppet military and if he did we could just recall him.
LZ has been doing raiding for 3 years and has participated in numerous regional militaries as well, including the Osiran Sekhmet legion where he served commendably throughout his time there, and created his own military which became one of the few UCR militaries that arent solely focused on R/D that actually does stuff. Personally I believe LZ would be an excellent leader of the guard and although he will have big boots to fill he has my vote.

P.S I just wanted to point out that the PA situation was mostly caused by a mistake by the Moshir of the legion who was severely reprimanded for said mistake

I would also like to note that as well as the experience Tubbius mentioned I have previously served as a law clerk in Europeia which requires you to undergo a training course on Legal Interpretation which took about a month. I feel this would certainly help me with the requirement of the court to resolve conflicts of legislation

Full support for Atlantica, I know he's qualified.

I'm skeptical about Wym for a variety of reasons, and have a few questions:
(1) Can you elaborate on the kinds of positions you've held before here or abroad, and how they would impact your role as an impartial and nonpolitical justice?
(2) What issues should be considered when deciding whether or not to recuse from a case?
(3) Would you recuse if there was a legal question surrounding your own appointment?
(4) In your view, what roles do the letter of the law, the spirit of the law, and customary application of the law each have in judicial interpretation, and with respect to each other?
(5) Former Delegate Imki gave a very neutral speech in this thread; your reply, however, makes it seem like you didn't really read the speech at all and instead just characterized it in line with your personal viewpoint at that time. This concerns me, as it's important for a justice to be able to read and comprehend a text without letting personal biases affect the interpretation of that text. Can you clarify your interpretation of Imki's post and the intent of your reply?

LZ should be okayish for Regional Guard. I disagree with the notion that the RG should expand its mission. I'm still unsure whether to support or not.

Full support for John Laurens. He's a bit naive at times, but better than it has been, plus he's been in and around Laz for years.

whatermelons;6548 said:

1) nothing at all

I, of course, can not speak for LZ, but I would disagree that non Antifa anti-fascist operations are jokes; with the aid of our allies, we could lead considerable anti-fascist operations. I would also disagree that being founder of an Imperialist region means you automatically transform the military into a puppet military: conflict of interest is a thing, yes, but I trust LZ to be loyal to Lazarus in the first place. And otherwise, we can always recall.

Roavin;6551 said:
Full support for Atlantica, I know he's qualified.

I'm skeptical about Wym for a variety of reasons, and have a few questions:
(1) Can you elaborate on the kinds of positions you've held before here or abroad, and how they would impact your role as an impartial and nonpolitical justice?
(2) What issues should be considered when deciding whether or not to recuse from a case?
(3) Would you recuse if there was a legal question surrounding your own appointment?
(4) In your view, what roles do the letter of the law, the spirit of the law, and customary application of the law each have in judicial interpretation, and with respect to each other?
(5) Former Delegate Imki gave a very neutral speech in this thread; your reply, however, makes it seem like you didn't really read the speech at all and instead just characterized it in line with your personal viewpoint at that time. This concerns me, as it's important for a justice to be able to read and comprehend a text without letting personal biases affect the interpretation of that text. Can you clarify your interpretation of Imki's post and the intent of your reply?

LZ should be okayish for Regional Guard. I disagree with the notion that the RG should expand its mission. I'm still unsure whether to support or not.

Full support for John Laurens. He's a bit naive at times, but better than it has been, plus he's been in and around Laz for years.

Its just bullshit. The only point of doing those ops is to assert dominance and not having to go through guidelines of Antifa who do things proffesionally. Also I do not doubt it will turn into basically doing ops for Hartfelden. He has experience yes, but I don't turst his professionalism or loyalty. Also I'm talking about the part where the region was destroyed, not the RMB part.

By expanding I think I would likely focus a lot more on doing smaller things. I would do my best, with the votes of my fellow Shareholders, to discuss and figure out how exactly we wish to stand on GP.

I am still horrible with myBB forums, but @"whatermelons" I find it not only insulting that you would even attempt to accuse me of using Lazarus for my gain, but find it wholly inaccurate and ridiculous. Hartfelden will not be an issue with any conflicts.

Non-AntiFa Operations are not jokes. With the aid of our allies, such as Osiris, we can easily lead those raids and liberations (liberating against nazi raids ofc)

Again, it would be an open citizen discussion about us piling for liberations/raids as well as chasing/tagging/detagging. I will not try and do anything with the Guard against the law, and I will not try and force any of my own ideals on how the Guard operates. I will adapt to however the Shareholders wish to have the Guard operate (in a sense of what we actually do, and what we can't do as to keep us unaligned or aligned to a certain side etc) and I will always do so to the best of my ability, as I always have.

Legalist Zombal;6543 said:
My plans would include a few minor law changes allowing us to work with our allies in their general operations, I would do my best to keep the guard active and aim to strengthen it's forces as to bring Lazarus a larger role in the GP community.

Could you clarify what you mean by "general operations"? Do you mean R/D?

McChimp;6556 said:
Legalist Zombal;6543 said:

Could you clarify what you mean by "general operations"? Do you mean R/D?

Yes. My plans generally include doing any and all operations as possible under current law. I would discuss with Shareholders about my ideas of doing things such as tags/detags/chasing with our allies or by ourselves. I will, of course, follow how we Shareholders as a majority vote on the matters. I want to find out how Lazarus itself wants it's military to operate and I will then operate in that fashion to the best of my ability.

whatermelons;6554 said:
Its just bullshit. The only point of doing those ops is to assert dominance and not having to go through guidelines of Antifa who do things proffesionally. Also I do not doubt it will turn into basically doing ops for Hartfelden. He has experience yes, but I don't turst his professionalism or loyalty. Also I'm talking about the part where the region was destroyed, not the RMB part.

Personally Melons, I think it is at best rude to accuse another citizen of intending to turn the Lazarene military into a puppet with no proof and your attitude to non ANTIFA ops is quite frankly baffling. There are other ways of doing Anti-fascist stuff on NS without partnering with an organisation which contains a region we are at war with

There is a reason why youwouldnt do an op with Antifa. It is either you sont want to work with communists which is ideology based and has no place in Lazarus or you dont want to follow Antifa's specific rules to not trigger fascists and unleash a flurry of hate, which is why Anti-Fascism exists...

Well first of all, as far as I am aware there are no official ties between Hartfelden and Lazarus and therefore I would see no reason to work with Hartfelden's military. I would focus on working with those closer to us, I am thinking Osiris though I will speak to Ryccia about our affairs first to freshen up.

Secondly, the NPO and Lazarus are literally at war. I do not believe we legally can work with them (Will check in a moment, need more coffee) and I have never once commented on communism nor has the ideology of communism ever been a reason to not work with a region, the actions of members of certain communist regions certainly has... however I would extend the same treatment if they were imperialist, raider, defender, democratic or anything else.

Once again I will reiterate that all of my decisions will be made in full following of the law as well as opening discussions about the laws to see how Lazarus wants to move forward in the R/D world.

I will not reply here for a while, please ping in discord if you need me to reply urgently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back