Cormac

Verified
Feather
ƒ1,688
Nation
Lazmac
Region
Lazarus
The Delegate has nominated the following individuals to serve as Cabinet Ministers:

New Rogernomics - Minister of Media and Events
Imaginary - Minister of Interregional Relations
Killer Kitty - Minister of Recruitment and Outreach

Please discuss these nominations and direct questions to the nominees here in this thread.

Per prior precedent, the minimum discussion period began at the time the Delegate posted the nominations (11:41 a.m. EDT on September 2).

To Killer Kitty,

Can you answer the following questions:

Weren't you the second in command of the Funk regime, the one with the wolf flag?
Did we have a trial for all those considered traitors, what happened to that, did that not happen?
Were you not convicted and considered not-guilty?
Aren't you busy recruiting for another organization?

Prole Confederation;3088 said:
Weren't you the second in command of the Funk regime, the one with the wolf flag?

Funk's government was the Dominion, and it never flew a wolf flag. Lamb was the next-in-line in the line of succession under that government. "The one with the Wolf Flag" was the Khanate under Lamb, which had no official second in command or line of succession.

Did we have a trial for all those considered traitors, what happened to that, did that not happen?

The only trial involving treason I am aware of was the case against the Resistance members under the Dominion government. It ended about a year ago.

Were you not convicted and considered not-guilty?

I have never been tried for any crime in Lazarus.

Aren't you busy recruiting for another organization?

No.

I want to preface with the fact that I support all the nominations but some questions:

To all of the nominations:
Are you in other organizations? Is your role important there? and Could that affect your duties in Laz?

To KK:
What have you done so far for Laz under Imki?

To NR:
Would your forum administration get in the way of your position?

To Imaginary:
Did you not just come out as having lied about your identity? How could we trust you wont lie again?

Legalist Zombal;3091 said:
To KK:
What have you done so far for Laz under Imki?

I created the nation and have penned all the pinned dispatches that have come from Lazarus Home Office.

This includes the monthly EndoCap Violation list, going all the way back to June, and the Delegate Endorsement dispatch.

I've also advised the Delegate several times regarding a few more behind the scenes matters.

I meant to say this earlier and then got caught up in the procedure of it all, but full support from me for all these nominations.

Support.

All of you have my support.

To NR:
Would your forum administration get in the way of your position?

To all of the nominations:
Are you in other organizations? Is your role important there? and Could that affect your duties in Laz?

To Imaginary:
Did you not just come out as having lied about your identity? How could we trust you wont lie again?

I hang out in a lot of places but I don't currently have any government positions or duties elsewhere. I used to be a Warden and the editor of The West Pacifican but I resigned from both of these posts in the last couple months.

I don't like to lie, but I thought it was the right thing to do. I don't plan on doing it again.

New Rogernomics: What does success in this role look like for you? What are your goals?

Imaginary: I always thought your job sucked. Oftentimes, being an FA Officer involves little more than having a glorified paper route and the occasional writing assignment. How will you make your job fun and meaningful for yourself? I encourage you to think carefully before answering. It's a very tough question, and I'm not sure how I would answer it were I in your shoes.

The ultimate goal is for the region to benefit from your service, of course, but I don't think it's worthwhile to ask "how will your service benefit the region?" until you have a concrete notion of how your service will benefit your own enjoyment of NS.

Killer Kitty: As a recruitment officer in a sinker, it is extremely easy to be complacent. You can chalk up any failures to "hey, we're a sinker -- it's not my fault that we aren't very active!" And you wouldn't be quite wrong to say this, either.

Success in your role generally requires a high level of commitment or creativity. Do you think your work ethic or your ideas will contribute more to your success in this role? And how do you think you will avoid complacency?

I also pose to you the same question I gave Imaginary: how will you make this role genuinely fun for yourself?

[img=160x237]
MILKMEN[font=Georgia,serif]
?????????
[/font]

MINISTERS INVOLVED in LAZARUS KNOW-HOW MEASUREMENT EXAMINATION for NOMINEES

Suppose we live in a world where milkmen deliver three times a week. I want you to imagine yourselves as milkmen. The people of your gorod rely on you for their dairy needs, so your job is very important. Success as a milkman might occur in these tiers:
  • Level 0: You're an ordinary milkman. You deliver three times a week, occasionally missing a house or being late, but your performance is just fine. You're neither the best nor the worst milkman. You can do the job.
  • Level 1: You're a great milkman. You do what everyone else does, but at the highest possible level. That is, you always deliver your milk on time three times a week.
  • Level 2A: You're a bar-raising milkman. You do what everyone else does at the highest possible level, but you also raise the standard. Perhaps you deliver your milk on time four times a week, or deliver milk to people's doorsteps that is colder than others'.
  • Level 2B: You're a revolutionary milkman.You're a bar-raising, revolutionary milkman. You have the traits of both a bar-raising milkman and a revolutionary milkman. You deliver on-time four times a week, or deliver colder milk. You also innovate and manage to let your customers choose their type of milk. You are a folk hero.
  • Level 4: You're a supermarket. You render milkmen obsolete.
Where would each of you put yourselves as milkmen?

Thank you.[/hr]

NR:
I joined NS in 2012. For a while I jumped from tiny region to tiny region, living up the good times when the founders had the time to make the places awesome, and crying over every time they died. I rarely did things; you might call me a social butterfly I guess. I did start two newspapers in a couple of the longer lasting places I joined, served as delegate once somewhere, did RMB topics for a while, but mostly just hung out. I was usually a raider then, although I think I helped defend some friendly regions a few times.
I joined The Grey Wardens in like 2017 and I think that was when I realized that NS was a lot bigger and connected than I had thought. I became a Discord junky, met people from all over the game, and had a lot of fun. Right now I'm in a lot of places - some big ones, some small - and I continue to do what I've always done: hang out and try to act like I'm chill.

As Milo mentioned, FA stuff can often be a hamster wheel of reports and meaningless headaches. I intend to focus more on helping individuals in Lazarus and her embassies get to know eachother than juggling pens and papers. If we can get to know those in other regions they may be more inclined to understand and respect us.

My top priority at the moment is getting ambassadors posted in our embassy regions where they can interact with other communities as representatives of Lazarus. I think being a diplomat can be a great experience for the player, and beneficial to the region. I would also like to organize ways for our embassies' communities to further get to know the folks in Lazarus if they'd like, perhaps through coordination with you.

Milo:
I like meeting and working with people, and to me, that's what FA stuff is all about. I've been an ambassador for nearly a year and I've had a lot of fun. I look forward to helping others become amazing diplomats and continue hanging out in our embassy regions myself. Sorry I don't have the deep philosophical answer I feel like your question deserves. XD

Thanks for the questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back