Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Discussion] Cabinet Appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will second the Delegate's motion to vote.

That said, and I'm sure Imki would agree with me, I'll go ahead and exercise the Speaker's prerogative to delay a vote for up to seven days if it hasn't had enough discussion. I won't set a certain length on that -- I'll just wait and see when discussion dies down.

Milograd;3111 said:
New Rogernomics: What does success in this role look like for you? What are your goals?
It depends on what is possible with who comes into the region, and on the opinion of other regions on how Lazarus develops politically. Success in the role would be to at least stimulate some activity whether through events like the one I am starting up currently or through spreading information through Nationstates about our region, in the hopes of drawing people in and engaging either players from other regions or encouraging people to participate more in this one.
Where would each of you put yourselves as milkmen?

In my case it would depend on what position.

As an administrator, I would be a combination of the Supermarket and the Bar-Raising revolutionary milkman, the purpose being to reduce bureaucracy, make the forum easier to understand/access.

With Culture and Media, it would vary depending on what task is involved, and what is possible with what resources are on offer personnel wise. If there are few columnists, then it limits what sort of Gazette issue I might be able to publish, even if I publish quality articles myself.

Further, if I put forward interesting events and few show up, then it means I need to publicize events more and promote them more, till people do. That isn't as easy task as in a fully developed region with a highly active and developed culture. Really it is an open book right now.

Question for the nominees, but what do you feel would be most likely to prevent you from doing your job/what kind of obstacles do you foresee that may cause you from being unable to do your job as well/as much as it could be?

TempestShadow;3190 said:
Question for the nominees, but what do you feel would be most likely to prevent you from doing your job/what kind of obstacles do you foresee that may cause you from being unable to do your job as well/as much as it could be?

New Rogernomics;3193 said:
I'll be certainly looking to appoint a deputy for Regional Events/Media, when the Cabinet is confirmed.
What would you be looking for in such a deputy? What kind of leadership role would they take within the Regional Events and Media Cabinet Office? Furthering the question to all nominees, I'd like to ask the following: how do you plan to staff your departments? The entire Assembly should be in concurrence that one person (or even one person with several deputies at their side) is in no way fit to run an entire Office of the Cabinet. Currently, in our Application Forms forum, there aren't applications for any 'civil services' of any kind. Would your Office work with the Delegate and others to invite Citizens to join your staffs? Personally, I would think this to be beneficial for combating apathy and increasing political and governmental awareness.

I thank all nominees for their considerations of my questions.

Vulturret;3196 said:
New Rogernomics;3193 said:
I'll be certainly looking to appoint a deputy for Regional Events/Media, when the Cabinet is confirmed.
What would you be looking for in such a deputy? What kind of leadership role would they take within the Regional Events and Media Cabinet Office? Furthering the question to all nominees, I'd like to ask the following: how do you plan to staff your departments? The entire Assembly should be in concurrence that one person (or even one person with several deputies at their side) is in no way fit to run an entire Office of the Cabinet. Currently, in our Application Forms

Well, generally the purpose of a deputy is to act in absence of the Minister, or to act in conjunction with the Minister to delegate tasks. It would be reasonable to suggest that in Media and Events, they might take a role of a GameMaster and/or participate in writing the Gazette. Department numbers are dependent on the duties involved, for instance Media and Events numbers will be dependent on how much oversight is needed for the Gazette, and how extensive the Events are that we hold in Lazarus.

With Media and Events, it could potentially be run with a limited number of people, so long as we are only running a few Events each month. At most Media and Events might need a deputy to help in the Gazette, three or four Gazette writers, and two or three GameMasters.

The actual scope of each department is for the Assembly and the Delegate to decide on legislating in the future, till that happens it will be an ad-hoc system of a Minister, their deputies, and staff added as necessary.

Application Forms will be the purview of each department, but it would be assumed that once the Cabinet is appointed, forms would be created for the purpose of recruiting staff.

TempestShadow:

School probably. I just started taking college classes and while they haven't sucked up ALL my free time yet, I could see that happening and my NS activity being stunted.

Vulterret:

If I'm confirmed into office my first step would be trying to find ambassadors to staff the place with. I'll discuss how this would work with NR and Imki, but right now I'm thinking a forum-based "Ambassador Applications" thread so any citizen can sign up to be part of the department. I'd also like to make a "Become an Ambassador" on-site recruitment dispatch and have it pinned to the WFE to try to engage those not on the forums yet by letting them know about one of the fun things they can do if they register and become citizens. Maybe I can also bug Killer Kitty to bug people for me. \o/

I would like to appoint a deputy or two at some point to help with more administrative things or oversee particular areas of the department, but that's more of a longer-term goal. I want to get to know my staff members and their particular interests before I start asking them to do more.

I will allow an additional 24 hours for more questions, or for the nominees to answer outstanding questions, before bringing this to vote.

For imaginary, who do you see as lazarus' foremost allies both among GCRs and UCRS and why(for example a top 3 GCRS and a list of UCRS). How would you improve relations with these regions, would you look to create treaties, what regions would you look to form new bonds with?
To killer kitty: Sinkers have always had a problem with recruitment as naturally they are where inactive nations are resurrected then mostly moved out to another region, how would you encourage people to stay and increase the proportion of active RMBers who then become citizens?

Wymondham:

Lazarus doesn't currently have any official foreign allies, but I'd like to open the door to more developed relations with all the regions that have in-game embassies with us.

As I mentioned before, I think the first step is getting to know other regions, and a good way to do this is through an ambassador program. I also have some ideas about how to help our community engage more directly with those of our embassies by organizing shared events and activities with them.

Treaties are a little like marriages; they're cool, but you should know what you're getting into before you say "I do." I think the new Lazarus needs to find its feet in NS before getting into serious interregional ties. However, in the future it would be a nice thing to have treaties with regions that share our interests and values.

Building bridges with the regions we already have embassies with will be a pretty big job, but if other regions become more relevant to Lazarus I think it would be reasonable to establish connections with them as well.

Hope that answers your questions. :D I can't really give you a list of top allies, but I have enjoyed my time working as an ambassador in Balder, Osiris, and The West Pacific. I think all of these regions could be really great allies to us in the future, but I plan to extend the hand of friendship to anyone who wishes to take it - and we'll see how far we can go together.

A vote on these nominations has been opened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back