Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Office of the Assembly Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was talking to some dude about poetry this afternoon and was thinking I should stab at it again sometime.. I can't be bothered by like the syllable things but here goes. For Lord Denominator:

When the shadows fall on the land
Boiled feelings frolic untamed
Through the darkness comes a friend
A rider of that evil famed
And a light, how expected

Sharp eyes gleam against the dark
Mane flies wild like scattered fish
At times we tend to hate the shark
But now we find some small bliss
In its light, yet to be lessened.

As careful as the touch of chance
Run his hooves through brush,
And blood, and break our distance
Never terminating course
Yet his light, defies direction

Old Hope;4581 said:
I ask for the immediate termination of any citizienship privileges.
You mean you want to resign citizenzhip.

A good evening to you all,

Having served as Speaker for the last year or so, I have been delighted with this Assembly. Together we have transformed this region, the collective experience of our citizenry steering Lazarus to clearer and calmer waters. Few places can claim to have instituted the changes we have made in the last year in peace and that is a fact we should be proud of forever.
Having presided during this period of time, it feels like I have given my best when it comes to legislation. It was with that in mind that I accepted Imaginary's offer to appoint me to her cabinet and am now resigning as Speaker so that I may tread that new ground. Hopefully you will confirm me, else I shall look rather stupid.

I would like to recommend Roavin to serve as my successor. His experience as a statesman is indisputable, his participation in the Assembly of late has demonstrated his commitment to Lazarus and there are few players who can claim to match his dedication to democracy itself.

Many thanks,

Teazle Vytherov

Shareholders of Lazarus,

I'm pleased to announce the appointment of a new deputy speaker. @"Debussy" has been a keen participant in the Assembly and I am certain they will perform exceptionally with any of the duties that comprise the speakership. Furthermore, @"TempestShadow", who had initially been appointed by my honorable predecessor McChimp, will continue to serve as deputy speaker as well.

Cognizant of Section 3 of the Assembly Procedure Act, and in deference to the precedent set by prior Speakers, I hereby enact the following engagement policy for our deputy speakers:
  • The Deputy Speakers may unilaterally open pending votes if 24 hours have passed since an appropriate second and the Speaker has voiced no intent to lawfully extend the debate period.
  • The Deputy Speakers may unilaterally begin discussion threads for appointment confirmations if 24 hours have passed
  • The Deputy Speakers may assist in moderation of Assembly debate and upkeep of the Assembly archives.
  • The Deputy Speakers may at any time perform any other lawful duties of the Office of the Speaker when ordered or approved by the Speaker or, if applicable, the Acting Speaker.
  • A Deputy Speaker shall become Acting Speaker for the duration of a scheduled absence of the Speaker.
  • A Deputy Speaker shall become Acting Speaker for the duration of an unscheduled absence of the Speaker, if the absence exceeds three days after pending duties. The Deputy Speakers may by unanimous consent shorten this time to one day if there is urgent Assembly business.
  • A Deputy Speaker shall become Acting Speaker upon resignation, removal, or recall of the Speaker, until such time as a new Speaker is chosen and confirmed.
  • The Deputy Speaker elevated to Acting Speaker will be chosen based on availability and in the order of the line of succession.
  • The Line of Succession shall be Debussy, followed by TempestShadow.

-- Roavin, Chairperson of the Shareholders

Shareholders of Lazarus,

My appointment to be the Chairperson in late December took me somewhat by surprise. I expected neither McChimp's recommendation and Tubbius' subsequent nomination, though I still feel honored by both as well as by the trust the region placed in me with the subsequent confirmation vote. As I noted contemporaneously, though, I felt this job for me was rather one of duty and honor of service rather than one I had been vying for. From the beginning, I felt that I should do this job exactly as long as I'm needed to but no longer, keeping my eyes open for a fresher, motivated individual with the skillset to match.

One month later, I appointed Debussy to serve as deputy chair, believing to see in them to be exactly the kind of fellow Shareholder I was looking for: motivated for the position, dedicated to the region, and with the skillset and mindset to match. That suspicion paid off - Debussy did a fantastic job.

Debussy has recently become free from other obligations and remains as interested as ever, and so now is the perfect time for me to do what I had planned before. Both Debussy and our honorable Delegate Treadwellia have been given prior notice.

I hereby resign as Chairperson of the Shareholders, and heartily recommend Debussy as my successor.

With love,
-- Roavin, now-former Chairperson of the Shareholders

Congratulations to Debussy, and thanks for serving as speaker, Roavin :)

So this is day 2 of internet problems, in fact I'm on my parents computer right now. The WiFi is being highly annoying, like it's working on this computer but on my Laptop and my old Laptop it is having DNS connection issues. I spent an hour troubleshooting this on my own and then an additional two hours with a tech support agent at Dell yesterday, and well the problem is not solved. Today I called my IPS and they said there was an outage, ugh. Who knows when it will be back up, so for now I only have internet on this one computer that is used by my parents so except less activity from me, until this is solved. It may be a minute or a few hours or even a few weeks, who knows. I may even have to send my laptop in for servicing at Dell, what a pain. So, I guess you could say leave of absence until I get my network fixed.

Hello There! I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I would like to resign my shareholdership.

I would like to thank the Lazarene community for welcoming me. The short while I've spent here has been a pleasure <3

Have a good time in the rest of the game. Sorry to see you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back