Verified
Feather
ƒ1,688
Nation
Lazmac
Region
Lazarus
MhM2mgK.jpg

Welcome to the Office of the Assembly Speaker of Lazarus!

Official announcements from the Assembly Speaker will be made here. Citizens may also ask questions, make comments, or post other feedback for the attention of the Assembly Speaker, but please try not to clutter this thread up with spam. Thanks!​

I'm pleased to announce that I've appointed @"McChimp" as Deputy Assembly Speaker. He has taken an active interest in the Assembly since we've gotten off the ground, and I would like to ensure that newer Lazarenes like McChimp have plenty of opportunities to participate in the Assembly.

As Deputy Assembly Speaker, McChimp's role will include:
  • Opening votes if I haven't announced extension of debate within 12 hours of a motion to vote being seconded.
  • Closing votes at their scheduled time of closure.
  • Presenting votes he's closed to the Delegate for approval, if applicable.
  • Assisting in moderation of discussion and upkeep of the Assembly's archives.
  • Serving as Acting Assembly Speaker in the event of my scheduled absence.
  • Serving as Acting Assembly Speaker in the event of my unscheduled absence exceeding two days.
In the event that McChimp needs to serve as Acting Assembly Speaker, he can exercise all of the Assembly Speaker's powers without any waiting period.

Congratulations McChimp and I look forward to working with you! :cheers:

Cormac said:
I'm pleased to announce that I've appointed @"McChimp" as Deputy Assembly Speaker. He has taken an active interest in the Assembly since we've gotten off the ground, and I would like to ensure that newer Lazarenes like McChimp have plenty of opportunities to participate in the Assembly.

As Deputy Assembly Speaker, McChimp's role will include:
  • Opening votes if I haven't announced extension of debate within 12 hours of a motion to vote being seconded.
  • Closing votes at their scheduled time of closure.
  • Presenting votes he's closed to the Delegate for approval, if applicable.
  • Assisting in moderation of discussion and upkeep of the Assembly's archives.
  • Serving as Acting Assembly Speaker in the event of my scheduled absence.
  • Serving as Acting Assembly Speaker in the event of my unscheduled absence exceeding two days.
In the event that McChimp needs to serve as Acting Assembly Speaker, he can exercise all of the Assembly Speaker's powers without any waiting period.

Congratulations McChimp and I look forward to working with you! :cheers:

Amerion;2957 said:
Could you please pin the Assembly Procedures Act as an 'important thread' for easy access to legislators?

Good idea. Done!

Effective immediately, I resign as Assembly Speaker. I've notified Imki and she knew of my intent to resign in advance, though I had still intended to wait a few more days. But I've barely been able to be around and it's holding things up in the Assembly, even if just ever so slightly. I appreciate no one complaining about it, but it's time for me to move on and let someone else have a crack at Assembly Speaker.

I want to be super clear that this is not due to any trouble with anything going on in the government. I think Imki and everyone on her governing team are doing a great job, and I think Lazarus has a bright future ahead. I look forward to still being part of that future as a citizen. My real life has just gotten busy lately (in a good way), and I've just not had much time for NS anymore, so that's why I've been mostly absent and why I'm resigning. I would really like to thank Imki for the opportunity to serve as Assembly Speaker, and thank all of you for putting your confidence in me and confirming me. After my history in this game, particularly in regard to Lazarus, it means a lot that people would trust me with this, and in the short time I've served as Assembly Speaker I hope I've managed to serve in such a way that no one regretted voting to confirm me. I think this community is the strongest one Lazarus has had in some time, and I'm glad I will still be a part of it as a citizen in a mostly social capacity. I hope everyone will continue being as friendly and respectful toward each other as they have been since the new government was established, with only some minor hiccups here and there.

Again, thank you all, this opportunity to serve as Assembly Speaker has meant a lot. I wish my successor all the best!

treadwellia;3446 said:
That's a nice office image in that first post, Cormac. I wonder now what Tubbius's office would look like as Vice Delegate. :)

Evening, all!

Thank you all for confirming me, I really appreciate the trust that has been placed in me and hope that I can prove myself worthy of it. The region is still in its natal stages and there is so much for us to do, all kinds of interesting ground to cover. Lazarus' future is in our hands and I am sure that it will be bright.

I am pleased to announce that I intend to share the privilege of guiding that process with @"TempestShadow", another player new to Lazarus who has taken an interest in the legislature, by appointing him as my deputy.

In that role, he may:

>Open votes if twelve hours have passed since the appropriate second without me extending the debate period.
>Close votes at the scheduled time
>Present votes to the delegate where required
>Assist in moderation of discussion
>Assist in upkeep of the Assembly's archives
>Serve as acting Speaker in the event of my scheduled absence
>Serve as acting Speaker in the event of my unscheduled absence exceeding two days.

In the event that he needs to serve as Acting Speaker, TempestShadow shall enjoy all of the Speaker's powers and duties without delay.

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back