Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Office of the Managing Director
Shouldn’t it be more useful to promote this forum rather than letting decisions up to people who apparently weren’t interested enough to join off-site? I get the drive for more people, and the on-site crew has done a great job, but I do think some decisions still need to be left to off-site Shareholders. I also think that perhaps you need to promote the off-site forum much more on-site than the current level, if you are dissatisfied with the amount of people/outreach to those people.
Would the Speaker be responsible for carrying out the elections?
joWhatup;8290 Wrote:Shouldn’t it be more useful to promote this forum rather than letting decisions up to people who apparently weren’t interested enough to join off-site? I get the drive for more people, and the on-site crew has done a great job, but I do think some decisions still need to be left to off-site Shareholders. I also think that perhaps you need to promote the off-site forum much more on-site than the current level, if you are dissatisfied with the amount of people/outreach to those people.

This is a fair concern to bring up. I would like to spend time talking to people about joining the forums more; however, I think being able to have a more interactive experience on-site may help motivate people to later join the forums, even if they're not ready now. This method has worked well in other regions like The South Pacific and has at least not hurt the usage of the forums there.

Debussy;8291 Wrote:Would the Speaker be responsible for carrying out the elections?

As explained in the dispatch, the Managing Director would preside over elections. The LazCorp Development Team is merely a Cabinet program, not related to the Assembly or Speaker (beyond that Developers can be removed by the Assembly as an extra security net if this goes south).
[spoiler=mooze pencil][Image: attachment.php?aid=36]
thankz denado<3[/spoiler]
The on-site, as it is, is far more interactive than the off-site already, and I do not believe that we should give them a say in government matters. What good would it do, according to you? If you truly believe they have the potential and the will to help build Lazarus, what would stop them from joining the off-site forums?
The on-site body of a region does a great deal for our region, from endorsing the delegate which is what keeps our entire government system safe to engaging with new players. I think a good way to show our appreciation for this would be giving them some, if minimal, say in who is building the region.

I wasn't able to join forums for the first couple years of my NS existence because, despite being quite involved with the game, I didn't have an email account. This is not a common ailment, but I assume people have reasons for not joining the forums despite having near constant presences game-side.

Edit: I don't mean to disagree with your point that the off-site should be more interactive though. You're quite right about that.
[spoiler=mooze pencil][Image: attachment.php?aid=36]
thankz denado<3[/spoiler]
[Image: unknown.png]

Announcement from the Managing Director
Deputy Appointments
As per Mandate 12, I would like to appoint Zapatian Workers State as a Deputy Director of Internal Management.
Mandate 12, Article IV, Section 8 Wrote:(8) The Prime Minister may provide for the appointment and removal of Cabinet deputies.

While probably not the face you've seen around the most, ZWS has been a consistent contributor to the regional Gazette in recent months and has shown both a willingness to be more involved in its creation and the prose skill necessary for the job. For this reason I would like him to serve under Leonism as his Deputy, and work with the IM team specifically in news production.

Please congratulate him on his appointment and wish him well! :)

Congrats!
Congrats!
I don't know what to say other than to express my gratitude for having been considered worthy of the position. I accept it with all due modesty.
Quote:VAE, PUTO DEUS FIO
- Vespasian, on his deathbed
[Image: unknown.png]

Announcement from the Managing Director
Deputy Removal
As per Mandate 12, I would like to remove Zapatian Workers State as a Deputy Director of Internal Management.
Mandate 12, Article IV, Section 8 Wrote:(8) The Prime Minister may provide for the appointment and removal of Cabinet deputies.

Based on evidence-supported allegations made against ZWS in our NSGP thread that he is working to manipulate and, if possible, coup Lazarus, I no longer find him a suitable candidate for a cabinet deputy. He is hereby removed from office and barred from participating in any departments.