Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Office of the Managing Director

[Image: rwguild_rwguild_rexfur_beanbag_hero_top2...1565986884]

Welcome to the Office of the Managing Director!

Official announcements from the government will be made here. Citizens may also ask questions, make comments or post other feedback for the MD in this thread.

Managing Director:
Imaginary
[Image: unknown.png]

Announcement from the Managing Director
Department Director and Advisor Appointments
As per Mandate 12, I would like to announce my first choices for Directors: Leonism as Director of Internal Management and McChimp/Custadia as Director of Public Relations.

Mandate 12, Article IV, Sections 6 and 7 Wrote:(6) The Prime Minister may appoint Cabinet Ministers to assist with executive ministries, programs and activities, and must fill any ministries mandated by law. Appointment of Cabinet Ministers will be subject to confirmation by 50%+1 vote of the Assembly.

(7) Cabinet Ministers will serve until the end of the Prime Minister's term or until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or the Prime Minister, or automatic removal from office.

Leonism has become an invaluable member of our on-site community, engaging in roleplay with others frequently on the message board as well as hosting LazWORLD, our regional Minecraft server. He has also served well as Vice-Director of Internal Management, organizing multiple art events, asking LazASK questions and writing articles for our papers in this position, as well as offering reasoned advice and an admirable gamer spirit wherever he goes.

I think his experience in the field and judicial ability to see things how they are will make him an excellent head for the Internal Management team. Please consider giving him your support when this appointment is taken before the Assembly for approval.

--

McChimp/Custadia has served as our Assembly Speaker for over a year in his position, longer than any other current official in the region. I think his dedication to an often thankless job and continual attention to detail when it comes to legislation will make him a responsible and discerning diplomat. I tend to look for someone's experience in a field before thinking about progressing them in title, but McChimp already possesses many of the skills needed for meaningful public relations work.

Please consider giving him your support in the upcoming confirmation as well!

Furthermore, I would like to request that our CEO Treadwellia consider appointing Whatermelons as the Regional Guard's next Director. He has been an active presence among the paralegals for as long as I can remember, always willing to help out with the next operation if he can. His participation moved on from a good trigger to an advisor and currently my only fellow officer. I'm sure he would do well as the next leader of our paralegals and I would love to have him as part of my cabinet.

On a final note, I would like the following citizens to help advise the government as it moves forward into the new year. They will hold no authority, but I would like them to be present in cabinet discussions.

JoWhatup - for his r/d experience
New Rogernomics - for his technical experience
Treadwellia - for his civility experience
[spoiler=mooze pencil][Image: attachment.php?aid=36]
thankz denado<3[/spoiler]
All good candidates for the Directors! Congratulations all, on your appointments (provided they pass the vote, naturally).
Yess
I feel very honoured by this appointment. In German we would say something along the lines of "I will have big footprints to fill", because my predecessor did an admirable job in this same role and probably has had at least twice as much time and energy as I have.

Nevertheless, should our august Assembly confirm my appointment, I promise to accept it and give my very best at the job. For the Greater Glory of Lazarus!
These are fantastic appointments and I'll be happy to confirm all of them.

Deputy Appointments
As per Mandate 12, I would like to appoint Debussy as a Deputy Director of Internal Management, and Chanku as a Deputy Director of Public Relations.

Mandate 12, Article IV, Section 8 Wrote:(8) The Prime Minister may provide for the appointment and removal of Cabinet deputies.

Normally I like to reserve Deputy appointments for the Director who they will server; however, both of these shareholders have shown promise in our region (Chanku creating a helpful endorsement tool and Debussy maintaining a nice presence on all our region's mediums) and, as I mentioned in my MD Election campaign, I'd like to give them the ability to showcase their creative talents to Lazarus further as department deputies.

Please congratulate both of them and wish them successful careers in their fields! :)

Two mmphs up!

Minister and Granting Official Appointment
As per Mandate 12, I would like to appoint New Rogernomics as Director of Shareholdership.
Mandate 12, Article IV, Sections 6 and 7 Wrote:(6) The Prime Minister may appoint Cabinet Ministers to assist with executive ministries, programs and activities, and must fill any ministries mandated by law. Appointment of Cabinet Ministers will be subject to confirmation by 50%+1 vote of the Assembly.

(7) Cabinet Ministers will serve until the end of the Prime Minister's term or until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or the Prime Minister, or automatic removal from office.

As per the Lazarene Citizenship Act, I also appoint him as a Granting Official, allowing him to fulfill the duties of this position as an acting Director, and continuing to do so if confirmed as a Director by the Shareholder Assembly.
Lazarene Citizenship Act, Article I, Section 2 Wrote:(2) The Prime Minister shall appoint a Minister as a Granting Official to advise the Delegate on citizenship applications.

New Rogernomics has had extensive experience working to facilitate Shareholder processing, and I feel confident he will do well in this position. Please consider giving him your support when this appointment moves before the Shareholders!

Establishment of Development Team
As per Mandate 12, I would like to establish the LazCorp Development Team, a program to grow the opportunities that on-site-only members of Lazarus have and allow them a greater part in helping our region thrive.
Mandate 12, Article IV, Sections 6 and 7 Wrote:(4) The Prime Minister will set the course of the Cabinet with such ministries, programs, and activities as they determine are beneficial for Lazarus.

Many who participate in our region do not care to join another website. With this program I hope to reach out to those among them that have the initiative to help build up our region, and unlock their potential. This program will also allow the region at large to have a greater say in who is leading them forward.

The LazCorp Development Team will base its creation and operations in the region LazCorp (linked below). Details for how the program will work are contained in the pinned dispatch, although these are subject to change based on suggestions and how well they perform.

https://www.nationstates.net/region=lazcorp

Please leave any comments or concerns below!