ƒ4,103
Eevee
Cyndaquil
Nation
Debussy
Region
Lazarus
Citizens of Lazarus,

The Sigometh Dynasty The Sigometh Dynasty has been appointed to serve as member of the Council of Lazarene Security. As per Mandate 12 IV.5 and the Assembly Procedure Act 2.1, this appointment is subject to a simple majority confirmation by the Citizens of Lazarus; there is a minimum three day discussion period.

The appointment announcement by Delegate, treadwellia treadwellia

Hello everyone,

I'm writing here that I'm putting forth two new members to join the Council on Lazarene Security. Wang Yao and The Sigometh Dynasty. These can now be put to the Assembly.

-- Treadwellia, Delegate of Lazarus

This thread may be used for discussion and motions regarding this appointment.

I would like to know more about them and why they are being considered since even I am not very familiar with them.
They've been a long-term resident and citizen and can keep high endorsements.

And seemed willing to do the job.

But picking anyone that isn't active on the forum was bound to be a more complex discussion than that over Wang Yao.

A repeat endo-cap violator with no prior government involvement and 3 forum posts, against.
Prior to being considered for a government position I haven't felt the need to post on the forum as there are many other ways to communicate in our region and I found them sufficient. As for the endo-cap violations, I have always tried to have the maximum allowed endorsements, that's why I happen to exceed it from time to time, however I have always brought my nation in line with the cap after exceeding it, especially after being warned by the leadership. I have been targeted by an un-endorsement campaign once because I re-endorsed a nation that has randomly endorsed me, disregarding that I was already above the cap, which I will argue was more their fault and not mine. I have also, at one point, sent telegrams to all nations in our region that were in the WA reminding them to endorse the delegate and other leaders, which led to a spike that can be seen even today.

I want to make the reasoning behind my opposition to this clear. I don't see forum posts as a reflection of the level of communication someone is doing but rather a basic indicator of the level of commitment and contributions someone has given the region. When you are a member of the CLS, you are involved in sensitive security decisions, discussions on whether members should be banned, declaring state of emergencies, and responsible for the overall security of the region. It is my view that people selected for this council should be members of the community that have made an effort to contribute one way or the other, whether that's being a court justice, a member of the cabinet, or simply voting in the assembly on a regular bases. These members are better suited for a CLS role because they demonstrated their values and personalities in a clear way, helping the wider community trust that the most important decisions regarding our security are in good, experienced, and capable hands, not just in the first palms left open.

Frankly, maintaining high endorsements is easy and shouldn't be the only thing taken into consideration when bearing in mind who to appoint to the CLS, which, unfortunately, is what I believe was done here.

I have nothing against the nominee, and if this assembly sees fit to confirm their appointment, then I will be the first to welcome them into the CLS and work alongside them to ensure the continued security of our region. I certainly mean no ill-will towards Sigometh. However, I must continue to oppose this nomination.

I hope my point of view makes sense and other members of this assembly will take it into consideration before casting their votes. Anyway, that is my two cents and I will leave it at that.

Frankly, maintaining high endorsements is easy and shouldn't be the only thing taken into consideration when bearing in mind who to appoint to the CLS, which, unfortunately, is what I believe was done here.
It hasn't been the first time that it has been suggested to me our standards are too high for CLS members because they are loyal to the region, but not into the politics of the region. Hence not being too active in the Assembly or government.

Legally though the standard isn't that high in the mandate. But if the region doesn't believe the standards should be at that level, then this probably shouldn't continue to vote, as we don't need to over-legislate or prohibit something that there is no real support in us doing.

Back