ƒ1,454
Nation
Inimitable Nukes
Region
Lazarus
CHRISTINA AGUILERA Act

Proposed by: Tinhampton

Section 1. Reporting on Raiding and Defending Activities

(1) The Charter of the Lazarene Regional Guard shall be amended to include Section 5 as follows.

Section 1. Establishment of the Lazarene Regional Guard

(1) The Lazarene Regional Guard will be the sole military force of Lazarus, neutral in alignment.

(2) The Delegate will be the commander-in-chief of the Regional Guard. The Prime Minister must appoint a Cabinet Minister to serve as operational commander of the Regional Guard, subordinate to the Delegate and subject to approval of the Delegate and all provisions for appointment and removal of a minister. Operational command authority may be further delegated to a chain of command subordinate to the Cabinet Minister.

(3) The command, conduct, and membership criteria of the Regional Guard may be further regulated by law or by executive policy.

(4) The Delegate may disband the Regional Guard as well as suspend all military operations temporarily. While the Regional Guard is disbanded an operational commander for the Regional Guard is not required.

Section 2. Establishment of Military Neutrality

(1) The regional military alignment of Lazarus will be neutral. Lazarus will bear the Neutral tag at all times.

(2) Lazarus may not bear any of the following tags: Defender, Imperialist, Independent, or Invader.

(3) The Assembly may enact a resolution empowering the Regional Guard to invade a region that is the ally or protectorate of a region upon which Lazarus has declared war. Such a resolution may be approved or rescinded by two-thirds vote of the Assembly.

Section 3. General operations

(1) General operations shall have no restrictions except those set by government policy or regional law.

(2) General operations shall include:

a. Defense of Lazarus;
b. Defense of Lazarus' treaty allies, if mandated by treaty terms;
c. Invasion of regions upon which Lazarus has declared war, and defense of other regions against their military forces;
d. Defense of other Feeders and Sinkers at the request of their legitimate governments;
e. Assistance in other regions' legal Delegate transitions at the request of their legitimate governments;
f. Offensive or defensive training operations in game-created Warzone regions;
g. Invasion of fascist regions and defense of regions against fascist military forces;
h. Invasion of regions which pose a substantial threat to the out-of-character security or safety of NationStates players, and defense of regions against forces which pose such a threat.

(3) The Assembly may enact a resolution empowering the Regional Guard to invade a region that is the ally or protectorate of a region upon which Lazarus has declared war. Such a resolution may be approved or rescinded by two-thirds vote of the Assembly.

Section 4. Offensive or defensive activity outside of general operations

(1) The Regional Guard shall be permitted to defend or raid regions under these conditions:

a. It is not a large operation and consists of up to 10 World Assembly member nations;
b. Any other conditions set by government policy or the Regional Guard commander.

(2) The Delegate, or the Prime Minister, in that order of the chain of command, may permit operations outside of these conditions, but only on a per operation basis.

(3) If an operation runs contrary to the regional interests of Lazarus, the Delegate or the Prime Minister may order the Regional Guard commander to cease our participation.

Section 5. Reporting on offensive and defensive activity

(1) On October 23rd 2023, and on April 23rd and October 23rd of every year thereafter, the Prime Minister must publically and truthfully report to the Assembly on those activities the Regional Guard has undertaken pursuant to Section 4 in the preceding six months.

(2) Sections 4 and 5 are repealed in full, and Section 6 renumbered accordingly, if any report required under the above Subsection shows that the Regional Guard has not undertaken Section 4 activities in the six-month period covered by that report.

Section 6. Constitutional Law Designation

(1) This Charter is designated as a constitutional law, and will be subject to all requirements for enactment, amendment, and repeal of constitutional laws.

Section 2. Short Title

(1) This Act may be cited as the Combinination of Hopeful Reforms to Infantry Schemes with Timely Innovations for a Novel, Agile and Adaptive Guard is Unhelpful, Impotent and Leaves Everyone Regretting Alteration Act, or the CHRISTINA AGUILERA Act.
The circumstances in which the Regional Guard Charter Expansion Amendment was passed were highly contentious. If the Amendment is not put to use for a period as long as six months (and keep in mind NS has only existed for 245 months), it should be repealed.

I won't be motioning this earlier than two weeks or so from now.

Last edited:
The amendment allowed the guard to disband to allow for instances where it didn't need to be used.

Right now I put how we are to use the guard up for debate. I've already contacted both sides of R/D. TEP offered to help us train, as did The League.

I fully plan to have a Guard Minister next month.

I am not saying the Guard should be disbanded. I am saying that, if it does not raid or defend beyond general operations, the former status-quo of it only being allowed to conduct gen ops should be restored.

I am not saying the Guard should be disbanded. I am saying that, if it does not raid or defend beyond general operations, the former status-quo of it only being allowed to conduct gen ops should be restored.
I don't agree with an section that repeals itself. It seems more sensible to not create dates and just post an amendment proposal if you feel it doesn't work at some later date.

Also reporting requirements are fine but this seems like it allows for an amendment to be removed on basis of an inactive PM. If the PM doesn't report, the section is repealed regardless of how many operations actually occurred.

I don't agree with pretending like the guard hasn't been totally inactive since prosecutions over improper use of the guard and so on. The status quo was to pretend that a large number of PMs had no inactive guard.

Effectively passing this would also be effectively forcing every PM to raid or defend even if they campaign on not doing anything because of the reporting requirements as well. Otherwise a future PM can't raid or defend ever again.

Another alternative, which is just a requirement to report on all the operations they do:
Section 5. Reporting on offensive and defensive activity

(1) The Regional Guard commander must publicly post about each operation of the Regional Guard within 30 days of its completion.

(2) They may delegate this responsibility to someone else as long as it is posted within the designated time.

(3) Failure to do so will result in automatic dismissal of the Regional Guard commander.
That would be easier to propose than something that automatically repeals itself and gives the Assembly the opportunity (and evidence) to decide for themselves whether the guard amendment delivered what they thought it might.

Back