Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Proposal [Tabled] International Legislation Act (March 2023)

New Rogernomics

Councilor (75%)
Staff member
First Citizen (PM)
Herald
D. Epistates
Epilektoi (CLS)
Citizen
Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ4,525
Litten
Charmander
Nation
New Rogernomics
Region
Lazarus
Regional Legislation Act (March 2023)

Proposed by: @New Rogernomics

Preamble

This law shall define the establishment of international legislation that relates to interaction between nations in Lazarus.

Section I. Scope of international legislation

(1) International legislation has no equivalence to regional legislation and is considered to be role play in nature:

a. It must comply with regional law,
b. It shall not be considered to supersede any regional non-role-play legislation,
c. Nations will not be charged for violating international legislation beyond in a fictional basis, as it is role-play in nature,
d. It must comply with the Assembly Procedure Act and any other regional laws or regulations.

(2) International legislation types shall include economic, civil, political, and administrative legislation:

a. Economic legislation shall relate any economic activity, inclusive of regional or national taxation and international commerce,
b. Civil legislation shall relate to social policy, inclusive of civil rights and civil liberties,
c. Political legislation shall relate to political rights and obligations of nations,
d. Administrative legislation shall relate to the administration of any regional role-play institutions or organizations.

(3) International warfare such as role-play wars may be legislated either between groups of nations or other regions.

Section 2. Participation of government officials

(1) Government officials may be given authority in international legislation to perform duties though government officials may not be completed to perform them:

a. They may choose to participate in or engage with international legislation through a voluntarily basis,
b. Nations may role-play government officials performing their duties as described in international legislation,
c. Nations may not impersonate government officials if requested to cease and desist by a member of the Lazarene government.

Section 3. Passage or removal of international legislation

(1). It shall only require a simple majority to pass, amend, or remove international legislation.

(2). The Assembly Speaker or the Court of Lazarus may strike down international legislation at will, as it is considered role-play in nature:

a. If the international legislation is deemed to violate or confuse regional law and regulations,
b. If the international legislation is deemed inappropriate to exist within the structure of the Assembly.
Considered this as an option to allow for the Assembly to pass role-play legislation that has no bearing on regional law and can be revoked at will, as it is role-play in nature.

Last edited:
I would prefer if a distinct roleplay body - including all Assembly members but not actually branded as the Assembly - was instituted to do this. (I'm not exactly the most comfortable Lazarene when it comes to explicitly mixing IC and OOC together in the same body.) Bonus points if you can amend the LLTA to fabricate a fancy Greek name for it too.

I would prefer if a distinct roleplay body - including all Assembly members but not actually branded as the Assembly - was instituted to do this. (I'm not exactly the most comfortable Lazarene when it comes to explicitly mixing IC and OOC together in the same body.) Bonus points if you can amend the LLTA to fabricate a fancy Greek name for it too.
If you want a functional version. You can see how they do it in Kodiak. Basically they do RP acts and IC ones. Probably Ellenburg and a few others could explain how it works.

I think we could do fine adding it as is, as creating a new assembly body would require major constitutional changes. Existing within the Assembly wouldn't.

If we really wanted to separate it we could amend the Procedures Act alongside this to keep the RP acts in the public part ot the Assembly that even residents can see.

Edit: We could edit that procedures act to set its own sub forum too.

Last edited:
Tabling this as I don't want it to conflict with frontiers stuff.

Back