Please register to view all features

Farewell Speech

Feather
ƒ1,510
Nation
Extrememeasures
Region
Lazarus
As the Valentine's Day Spectacuganza ends so does my term as First Citizen of Lazarus. I first want to thank President Lloenflys and his cabinet for being so great in planning this festival and allowing Lazarus to be part of it as I say goodbye to the office of First Citizen.

As I say farewell there are so many in Lazarus I would like to thank that helped make my 2 terms as Prime Minister/First Citizen a success! My cabinet members New Rogermatic, Aga, Ryccia, and McChimp all did their part in ensuring that things were done and progressed. There are many others that could be added to the list but I would be here all day!

When I think back on my 2 terms there are many successes and many things that could have been done better. Internally the Lazarus Stats Open was a huge success along with the theme change from Lazcorp to the new Roman/Greek theme which opens the region to so much more possibilities for events and RP.

On the FA front, there was so much that listing all of here would take a long time. Festivals with The West Pacific and of course the current one with Europeia were huge successes. New treaties with Balder and The East Pacific.

My two terms did not come without some controversies of course! Days into my term even before my cabinet was confirmed the whole Balder Coup controversy came about and I got introduced to GCR politics real quick. Tough choices had to be made for the betterment of Lazarus and its future. Some agreed some did not but that is how all big decisions go I guess.

My two terms also saw the normalization of relations with both The League and The Pacific though I did take some flack for the latter internally. As the leader of Lazarus, I felt this was in the best interest of the region and its future to normalize relations with The Pacific it's a choice I made that I still don't regret today.

Citizens of Lazarus as you start your election process tomorrow with Candidate declarations. I ask you to be involved. Ask questions of the candidates and pick the one that will lead the best through these trying times.

Its been a pleasure serving Lazarus for the last two terms and I will continue to be around as a citizen with a watchful eye on what's going on. I wish the next First Citizen all the best of luck in paving a path of security and activity for Lazarus that will keep Lazarus going into the future.

Once again I thank everyone from Lazarus and the gracious hosts of Europeia for allowing me to make my farewell speech as part of this festival.

Αποχαιρετισμός

First Citizen
Extrememeasure/Ellenburg

Back