Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Proposal [Proposal] Government Officials Activity Requirement Amendment (August 2022)

New Rogernomics

Councilor (75%)
Staff member
First Citizen (PM)
Herald
D. Epistates
Epilektoi (CLS)
Citizen
Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ4,520
Litten
Charmander
Nation
New Rogernomics
Region
Lazarus
Government Officials Activity Requirement Amendment (August 2022)

Proposed by: New Rogernomics

Additional Credit to: Wang Yao

Section 1. Amendment of VII. Regulation of Government Officials

(1) VII. Regulation of Government Officials shall be amended to include:

Activity requirements of government officials

(6) The Prime Minister, Cabinet Ministers, or Deputy Ministers may be automatically removed from office upon failure to communicate a leave of absence, which may last up to 14 days. The leave of absence may be communicated through private messaging or forum post, until after a period of 3 days has passed upon being advised on the forum of their removal from office by the Assembly Speaker.
This has not been the first time we have had concerns either over inactivity of Prime Ministers, Cabinet Ministers, and Deputy Ministers, and recently our Foreign Minister has gone inactive. It should be an option for the region to remove these officials of concern, if they fall into inactivity and do not respond in a timely manner, as all other matters such as a dislike of their conduct or past activity can fall under a general recall or other measure.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may be communicated through private messaging or forum post, until after a period of 3 days has passed upon being advised on the forum of their removal from office by the Assembly Speaker.

Can this be cleaned up a bit? It isn't super clear and I'm not sure what "this" is referring to.

Can this be cleaned up a bit? It isn't super clear and I'm not sure what "this" is referring to.
The leave of absence.

Unless there are objections, I motion this to vote.

I still think the wording is quite ambiguous. From how I understand it, it's not specified how long the "inactivity" may reasonably last before the speaker notifies the officials of it, and only then does the three days period start. So a lot hinges on how vigorously the speaker tracks inactivity.

I still think the wording is quite ambiguous. From how I understand it, it's not specified how long the "inactivity" may reasonably last before the speaker notifies the officials of it, and only then does the three days period start. So a lot hinges on how vigorously the speaker tracks inactivity.
14 days is specified time it may last only if leave is given, and 3 days is the time the Assembly Speaker provides for a response. Any ambiguous aspects exist for the reason that any further aspects can be defined in the Assembly Procedures Act. Any citizen could point out to the Speaker who is inactive, and realistically the Speaker would be told by the PM directly in case one of their Ministers is inactive.

Last edited:
14 days is specified time it may last only if leave is given, and 3 days is the time the Assembly Speaker provides for a response. Any ambiguous aspects exist for the reason that any further aspects can be defined in the Assembly Procedures Act. Any citizen could point out to the Speaker who is inactive, and realistically the Speaker would be told by the PM directly in case one of their Ministers is inactive.
Thanks for the explanation/clarification.

I guess it's reasonable because unless anyone notices the official in question being absent (and thus starting the "3 day timer"), it doesn't really matter because there is no "objective" moment at which inactivity starts, regardless of an observer.

Thanks for the explanation/clarification.

I guess it's reasonable because unless anyone notices the official in question being absent (and thus starting the "3 day timer"), it doesn't really matter because there is no "objective" moment at which inactivity starts, regardless of an observer.
When I was talking with Wang Yao about it, we felt that anything further should be put in the Assembly Procedures Act, as then the Assembly could define the process further and put requirements upon the Speaker it feels are necessary.

Back