ƒ4,103
Eevee
Cyndaquil
Nation
Debussy
Region
Lazarus
Shareholders of Lazarus,

Wang Yao Wang Yao has been appointed to serve as a Court Justice. As per Mandate 12 V.1, this appointment is subject to a simple majority confirmation by the Shareholders of Lazarus.

The appointment announcement by Delegate treadwellia treadwellia
Hello everyone.

Treadwellia here again, looking to suggest Chanku and Wang Yao as our two other Court Justices.

-- Treadwellia, Delegate of Lazarus

This thread may be used for discussion and motions regarding this appointment.

-- Debussy, Speaker

What do you feel the place of the court is in Lazarus or alternatively what do you feel is your place in it?

Thank you very much for these questions, NR. I would like to first state that this is an honor for me to be nominated by our Delegate for such an important role in ensuring our regional stability.

Concerning the first part: I believe the role of the Court in Lazarus is to serve accordingly to the purpose given to it by the Twelfth Mandate of this region.
In others words, it should not allow the citizens (Or even a government) to abuse of the Lazarene laws in a way that is contrary to legality, this is notably done by presenting rulings on different legal matters, judging in trials and answering to any legal question raised by a citizen on the Forums.

As for me, I feel like my place would be to serve the Court's purposes in a neutral way that would only serve the stability of the Mandate and the regional community. During my times as longest-serving Warzone Delegate of all time, ambassador in various positions, Deputy Legatus (Vice Minister) of NPO Foreign Affairs and lately Prime Minister of Lazarus, I got to intervene in a lot of situations that would either require negotiating with foreign officials or trying to improve the internal stability of an NS community, thus I believe that I would be able to serve as a Court Justice that would diplomatic enough not to be stubborn in a way that would be contrary to the interests of Lazarus and I would like to think that this willingness to discuss and search for compromises would be beneficial in preventing stalemates and other issues among Court Justices when trying to decide on a ruling.

I believe this is ready to be motioned to vote, unless there are any further questions?

I second.

Back