Feather
ƒ1,680
Nation
Wang Yao
Region
Lazarus
Wang Yao's Platform - General Elections of Lazarus
Three Principles for the Government

I did not, even mere days ago, expected to run for such a position as the one of Managing Director of our region. Even though the situation has led me to declare my candidacy for this office, I would prefer to make clear that I wish I did not have to and that the previous term under the Administration of Domais was, in my humble opinion, a net positive for Lazarus. However. If I have to do things, I'll make sure to do it properly.

Over the last few months and even before I was able to join this community, I had long reflections on the possibilities that would allow a more prosperous future for Lazarus, some of my thoughts were meant as quickly applicable improvements and general goals that I hope would, if your voices allow me to, offer both stability and activity to the region. All along have Three Principles been at the core of my thinking: Peace, Happiness and Sovereignty.

Peace
Lazarenes have known turbulent eras and successive infighting over the previous decade and has officially reached a period of both internal and external peace only some few months ago after a long Cold War with the New Pacific Order.
With this Principle in mind, I will aim to make both internal and external peace stable over time while also developing our own military abilities as a mean of self-sustainable protection and potential power projection.
While we, Lazarenes, are no aggressors, we will under this Principle ensure that our region is ready to face any potential security threat and thus will make ourselves ready to defend ourselves, our allies and to be able to counter-attack any aggression towards us.
  • Revival Plan for the LazGuard: Trigger training for volunteers in order to have more operatives able to generate activity in the Guard via commanding operations.
    Look out for training partners and potentially separately participate in larger antifascist operations (In a joint effort with the FA Department).
    Show an image of vivacity for the Guard to interregional entities when the situation in Warzones and fascist regions allows to.
    Reinforce the rewarding aspect of LazGuard ranks (Via insigns and a LazGuard Forum registry displaying ranks of Guard members).​
  • Take a strong stance against unwarranted proposals of recalls of both the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer in order not to interfere with their Duties and standing for no or weak reasons.
    As such, if any recall vote is proposed to the Board to recall the CEO or COO, the Cabinet will internally gather and, if the recall has no strong basis, will collectively denounce it.
  • Remove offensive permissions for the Regional Guard against NPO Affiliates if the Security Advisors informs us (After being asked) that individual proscriptions are sufficiently defending the region against the particular threat that the former group proscription was meant to fight back. Depending on opinions, that resolution may be reshaped into a factually correct History acknowledgment act or simply removed entirely.
  • Solving the Post-Cold War issue with the NPO by promising no Forum Consulate or On-site Embassy with the NPO for the entire duration of the term. Meanwhile, a referendum would occur asking whether the Government should be allowed or not to approach the NPO for a Non-Aggression-Pact that would not result in a push for more relations than there already exist between our regions.
Happiness
While security is essential to our future, there is no lasting community feeling in inactivity and a lack of either opportunities or fulfillment for our citizens.
Recent times have seen a surge in part of our regional activities and this will have to be reinforced and consistently aimed towards by our Government.
Internal matters and community will be a priority for us so that Lazarus may develop itself with even more activity on any platforms (RMB, Forum and Discord).
  • Encourage the Internal Management Department and usual volunteers to aim for at least one or two Gazette publications and offering them to reach out to the Government if they need support in their production of articles.​
  • Ensure that the Cabinet remains active as much as possible and is composed by deserving and motivated Lazarenes by carefully considering the first Cabinet of the term and asking Directors for small, easily-written monthly private reports of their activities and Department struggles to the Managing Director unless given an exception from reporting it for a particular month.​
  • Organize talks and brainstorming for citizens on the Forums with the theme of possibilities for generating more activity (RMB, Discord, Forums).​
  • Encouraging the Internal Management Department and citizens to reach out to the Managing Director or Cabinet when feuds or problems between citizens occur in order to aim for an appeasement of the situation.​
  • Focus on attempting to improve the image and attractiveness of our Regional theme rather than on (sadly rarely unifying) alternative theme proposals for the time of our term.​
Sovereignty
This, I believe, is a quintessential part of what our community should struggle towards.
Lazarus has known former regimes of various external ideologies and loyalties that often hadn't the interests of the Lazarenes in mind above all.
Thus, under this term of the Twelfth Mandate, we will pursue an Unaligned ideological position on the interregional scene.
Lazarus must never renounce to its unity as a community with members of various origins and its Sovereignty as a region that does not obey to anyone else than its own People.
  • As mentioned above, we will pursue an Unaligned ideological position on the interregional scene.
  • No initiatives on our part in expanding our embassy network in order to prioritize our Foreign Affairs on solidifying our already-existing relations with regions and ambassadorial jobs activity.
  • Reach out to the Head of State and his Vice-Delegate to offer them to voice out their concerns or potential suggestions for the Democratic Government during private consultations with the Managing Director and/or their Cabinet members.
  • The Sovereignty of the People is essential, thus a mid-term talk session for citizens to voice out what they liked or disliked among the Government's efforts will be organized.
    However, these discussions will have to be conducted in good faith and is not meant to serve to opposition-leaning citizens to discredit the Government or for the latter to defend their actions, exchanges *must* remain cordial and organized as a mean for the Government to fix issues and aim for a betterment of its policies for the rest of its term.

And- and... all of this sounds like an ambitious, but I believe realistic, set of goals for this term.

Thank you very much for reading,
I look forward to your questions and opinions.
Until then, Long Live Lazarus! We're Dead Serious!

Wang Yao.png

Last edited:
Who are our most important interregional partners (from an FA perspective) and why?

What are some regions you think are very similar to Lazarus in terms of community?

Reach out to the Head of State and his Vice-Delegate to offer them to voice out their concerns or potential suggestions for the Democratic Government during private consultations with the Managing Director and/or their Cabinet members
In an advisory way, hopefully? If so, I'd say that's already accomplished through them having access to cabinet chats and being able to post in there.
Solving the Post-Cold War issue with the NPO by promising no Forum Consulate or On-site Embassy with the NPO for the entire duration of the term. Meanwhile, a referendumwould occur asking whether the Government should be allowed or not to approach the NPO for a Non-Aggression-Pact that would not result in a push for more relations than there already exist between our regions.
Does this really solve any issue at all? It'd have the same effect to not approach them regarding our lack of creation of a forum consulate. Regarding a potential Non-Aggression Pact, I think all that referendum would accomplish is by finding that citizens still largely don't want much to do with the New Pacific Order. Also, why straight to a NAP? I think it would make more sense to have an actual relationship of some sort first. Not a concern of mine but potentially a possible future citizen's concern: "how are we sure the NPO will honor this NAP?"

Who are your planned nominees for each cabinet position?
So far, three Directors and one Vice-Director have been confirmed privately that I intend to appoint if I am elected as Managing Director:
- Director of Public Relations: McChimp
- Director of Shareholders and Recruitment: Domais
- Director of the Regional Guard: joWhatup
- Vice-Director of Internal Affairs (With focus on the World Assembly): Inimitable Nukes

I'm currently discussing with potential Directors for Internal Affairs and I also offered Apatosaurus to continue serving a Vice-Director of IA with a focus on the Cards Guild.
Aside from those two Vice-Directors that I wish to see in the IA Department, I would prefer that my Directors decide themselves whether or not they wish for Vice-Directors to work with them, as I believe it would make the department more efficient if the Department Leader has a clear intend on what to work on alongside an associate (That's why Inimitable Nukes and Apatosaurus were offered positions, as they have clear focuses inside the Department).

Who are our most important interregional partners (from an FA perspective) and why?

What are some regions you think are very similar to Lazarus in terms of community?
Concerning foreign partners, I would obviously prioritize our Treaty partners for potential festivals, military or cultural cooperation and so on.
While I prefer not to establish a clear "ranking list" among our Treaty partners for obvious reasons, I believe the more long-lasting and mutually respectful our relations have been, then the more we should ensure maintaining good relations and making sure we work with them every so often so that the treaties don't get too dusty.
As I mentioned in my Platform, I do hope to strengthen more of our relations with some partners and I believe a Treaty with Balder (Whom we already have an embassy with and share similarities as Sinker regions) would be a net positive for both our regions. So that might be negotiated during this term if we are able to, once discussed with my Director of Foreign Affairs.

As for the second question, ironically I think we are a quite unique community, as the only Restorer Sinker Democracy of Nationstates. I believe we share many similarities though with other GCR Democracies and Sinker regions (Especially Osiris and Balder). However as part of my Unaligned position, I wouldn't discriminate between Meritocracies and Democracies in my FA direction, whatever works for our friends, works for them, and whatever works for us, works for us.

In an advisory way, hopefully? If so, I'd say that's already accomplished through them having access to cabinet chats and being able to post in there.
In an advisory way, indeed. But I intend to also ask for their opinions at times when they might not post while I would believe that their input could be beneficial, New Rogernomics notably have shown great experience as we are wondering on the future of our region's identity and I believe it's the job of the Prime Minister as well to reach out to Tubbius whenever they want to discuss on the region's security.

Does this really solve any issue at all? It'd have the same effect to not approach them regarding our lack of creation of a forum consulate. Regarding a potential Non-Aggression Pact, I think all that referendum would accomplish is by finding that citizens still largely don't want much to do with the New Pacific Order. Also, why straight to a NAP? I think it would make more sense to have an actual relationship of some sort first. Not a concern of mine but potentially a possible future citizen's concern: "how are we sure the NPO will honor this NAP?"
Lazarenes are still not confident with opening themselves to relations with the New Pacific Order, and that's hardly their fault as we were still officially at war with them only a few months ago.
However, despite that, they are still are worried about potential threats that could pose their region. Thus, a compromise is to finally turn the page of these worries thanks to a Non-Aggression-Pact while both of our regions continue going their own ways, and let Lazarenes decide in the future if they want to reconsider their relations or not.

I served as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs for the NPO for 11 months last year, before I left the region and decided to join Lazarus, I am quite confident by my own experience that their words would be honored if a NAP is signed.

Back