Verified
Feather
ƒ2,896
Nation
Domais
Region
Lazarus
Hello, my fellow Lazarenes,
We have been at war with the NPO since December 16, 2018, following the passage of the relevant resolution. While those reasons might have been justified 3 years ago, now it is time for the region to move on and reassess its relationship with the order. We should recognize that the order is a different order than it was back in 2018. Many changes have been made to the personnel within the order. Pergamon, Fuex, and Aleisyr among others are all removed from the order. Furthermore, it was even before the war was declared that the order apologized. Next, I would like to ask what hostile actions have they taken against us during this war? I cannot think of any of substance. Finally, nothing has come of the war and many of our allies have themselves left the fight. So I propose the following assembly resolution whose text is subject to amendment based on feedback:
Cessation of Hostilities with the New Pacific Order

Proposed by: @Domais

Preamble

A resolution to bring peace and stability to Lazarus by ending its war with the New Pacific Order, controllers of The Pacific; and to rescind Lazarus's designation of the Order as a Hostile Entity.

Section 1. Justification for Cessation of Hostilities

(1) Assembly resolution 2, "War with the NPO" may have had rightful cause at the time of its passage but it is time for Lazarus to move on,

(2) Recognizing, that the key persons that subverted Lazarus are no-longer members of the Order,

(3) Recognizing, that the Order has already apologized for their wrongdoings,

(4) Recognizing, the lack of hostile actions against Lazarus by the Order, even though Lazarus was at war with the Order,

(5) Recognizing, that a peaceful relationship with the Order may be in the best interests of Lazarus,

(6) Recognizing, that the reasons for the war are no longer relevant.

Section 2. Cessation of Hostilities

(1) For the reasons stated in Section 1, the State of War between Lazarus and the New Pacific Order is no longer in force and is completely ended.

(2) Assembly resolution 2, "War with the NPO" no longer holds any effective force within Lazarus.

Section 3. Rescinding Lazarus's designation of the Order as a Hostile Entity

(1) Pursuant to the Hostile Entities and Persons Act the Assembly of Lazarus rescinds its prior designation of the New Pacific Order as a Hostile Entity.

(2) Assembly resolution 4, "Proscription of the New Pacific Order" no longer holds any effective force within Lazarus.

Section 4. Adoption

(1) Sections 1, 2, and 4 require a 50%+1 vote to be adopted.

(2) Section 3 requires a two-thirds vote to be adopted.

(3) Failure to adopt section 3 does not render the rest of this resolution null and void.

There has been talk of passing a NAP with the NPO before the proscription is ended but that is impossible due to HEPA. HEPA states "...[no] application for diplomatic recognition filed on behalf of a hostile entity may be approved". I think that a NAP counts as an "application for diplomatic recognition". However, I will include a poll to see if the region would like ending the proscription to be included in this resolution.

Last edited:
(2) Recognizing, that the key persons that subverted Lazarus are no-longer members of the Order,
This refers to past actions, so it should be past tense.

If this is to repeal the proscription ("Proscription of the New Pacific Order"), then it needs to also state that this will repeal the proscription, because as written this would only end the war.

This refers to past actions, so it should be past tense.

If this is to repeal the proscription, then it needs to also state that this will repeal the proscription, because as written this would only end the war.
Yeah, thanks for the catch. And, currently, it is just written to repeal the war. As I want to see if we want to hold a separate vote on that issue.

As I have stated before, if we end the war, I don't see a need for the proscription, as we can just refuse citizenship to hypothetical threats or ban them via the CLS.

As I have stated before, if we end the war, I don't see a need for the proscription, as we can just refuse citizenship to hypothetical threats or ban them via the CLS.
I support ending both the proscriptions and the war so I definitely agree with you here, NR.

Back