Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,896
Nation
Domais
Region
Lazarus
Hello, It's me Dom and I am once again running for Prime Minister of Lazarus.

Here are my plans:

Internal Affairs

I would like to ensure that our Cards Guild something that was started a while ago but now is growing traction stays active. So I would like to appoint a Vice-Director of IA to handle the guild. If it goes well then I may create a new Ministry to handle cards. I would like to encourage card events like giveaways and the such to get people interested in the guild.

I would like to continue the good work that has been done regarding our WA sub-ministry. So I would like to continue having our votes on proposals. I would like to look at expanding this sub-ministry by having the person in charge write recommendations on votes via dispatches. And, if we have interest I would like to encourage Lazarene's to get involved in the drafting of proposals.

I would like to promote regional events and games. I would like to see if there is interest in playing in-browser games such as Tetris and Skribbl on regional game nights. I would like to promote seasonal events such as flag contests, banner contests, writing contests, etc. Furthermore, it may be fun to have more meme contests.

I would like to promote gameside activity not only by my proposed contests but also by-polls. I think we should host some fun polls (some of which would be suggestions from residents). Secondly, something that has been talked about and something that I have done in the past, asking questions of the day on the RMB to promote activity.

I think that the Lazarene Gazzette is in need of some attention. The last article that has been posted and pinned gameside was from Feb. of this year. We are posting these articles offsite but they need to be onsite as well.

Foreign Affairs

One of the first things I would do would be to create a discussion on ending the War with the NPO, something I am personally in favor of. Then after said discussion, I would host a vote. If the vote succeeds we would have a second conversation about ending the proscription of the NPO from Lazarus.

I would support more treaties with friendly regions that we currently have embassies with. I would not be looking to establish any new embassies that must be staffed until we get more ambassadors and staffers.

I think that the Foreign Affairs department needs an overhaul. Their discord is dead, to the point that some people are not even properly masked. But, the first thing that I would have our FA team do is write updates. Or, in the very last publish the Gazzette articles. The second thing would be to publish the list of ambassadors that Citizens can see, and find out who is an ambassador to what region.

The Regional Guard

I think that the Regional Guard could use more activity. More operations. It also needs more people inside the organization. I would support one operation per month at the least.

Granting Offical

The Granting Offical will have the additional job of outreach. They will send bi-monthly regional tgs asking residents to apply to become shareholders. They will also be in charge of regional recruitment using the API or done manually. This will not cause problems as I will ask the feeders first (except the NPO), and I previously had gotten the permission of the feeders (except the NPO) to do so when I had said job.

Transparency

I will post monthly updates on what the cabinet is doing. Furthermore, I will do monthly or bi-monthly QA sessions (and if the need is there when asked). This will ensure accountability.

Conculsion

Vote Domais in the coming election for a renewed Lazarus. Together let's become the most active sinker!

What makes your platform distinct from Jack's? It seems like you both have the same good ideas.

Plus:

How would you structure FA in regards to ambassador assignments?

What makes your platform distinct from Jack's? It seems like you both have the same good ideas.

Plus:

How would you structure FA in regards to ambassador assignments?
My platform is different from Jack's because I have a clear policy when It comes to the NPO. Also, I want to focus on our current treated regions (like Jack) but there is no reason not to seek new friends. As long as we have the staff to staff such embassies (or treaty with current embassy regions). I also, want to merge the Granting Offical with regional Outreach. My platform also includes recruitment TGs under outreach as we've done in the past. Also, I support having the Guildmasrter be a Vice-Director and/or a Director if we have the interest.

I would fill them. Right now we have some regions with no ambassadors. So I would fill them. In the past, some people have been assigned to 4+ regions I want to make sure that each person only has like 2. If that answers your question.

That did mostly answer my questions, so thanks for that. However, how would ambassadorship work in your eyes? Would it extend beyond posting updates?

That did mostly answer my questions, so thanks for that. However, how would ambassadorship work in your eyes? Would it extend beyond posting updates?
Well, it would be posting updates but also it would include getting to know the region. Maybe, talk with the people in the region and the likes. Wym was talking about how he would have his ambassadors guess who would win regional elections and give points for being right. That might be fun. But, that is down the line once we get the personnel that we could make it mandatory to pay attention to your assigned region.

How will you improve Lazarus?
I will improve Lazarus by increasing regional activity. Firstly, we will be doing outreach so we may see some more new faces around these parts. Which will, of course, help improve our activity. I will improve gameside activity by doing fun polls, contests, events, cards, and ensuring that Newspaper articles are posted gameside (to advertise the goings of Lazarus which will make us look more active). Some of which may help both gameside and off-site, such as the contests and the events which would also be advertised in the discord. Also I will promote game nights which will increase activity off-site and maybe onsite if they are advertised off-site.

I think having a formal discussion on the war with the NPO will help the region decide what it wants to do which will improve our current situation.

I have some questions for you.

Q1: When referring to expanding the WA sub-ministry you are describing having the person in charge write recommendations. There has been some concern raised on the discord and elsewhere that there may not be enough numbers to adequately staff a WA ministry or sub-ministry. What would you say to people in the region that have those concerns?

Q2:
What made you want the Granting Official to have extra duties?

Q3:
As a follow on from the last question, do you have any plans to expand the Granting Official role beyond just regional recruitment and asking residents to become citizens. If you do not plan to make this a sub-ministry of Internal Affairs, for example, do you feel that Internal Affairs still has some role in doing outreach?

Q4: Under foreign affairs you mention discussing ending the war with the NPO after a discussion, would this discussion exclude presenting a peace treaty or Non-Aggression Pact agreed to by the NPO, as a framework for that discussion? A lot of past discussions on ending the war with the NPO have ended with no decision due to the uncertainty of our post NPO relations.

Q5: Internal affairs or activity generally can be a catch 22 situation, meaning if activity is not there, people are not interested in necessarily creating their own. There has been a lot of finger pointing and criticisms over activity, but not actually much stepping up to fix it. How do you plan to get people motivated to go out of their way to get involved, and not just sit on the sidelines? This is the same question I'll be asking the others in the race.

Q6: How do you plan to expand the number of members of the regional guard?

Q7: What sort of information would be looking to include in cabinet updates?

Q8: What is your favorite activity during the holidays?

What makes you a better candidate than Deadeye Jack?
I think that the one thing that sets me apart from Deadeye Jack is my dedication to the region. I have sought this office three times before, and have never won. Many would have left the region, yet I remain dedicated to contributing to Lazarus.

I cannot speak to Jack's traits but I know that if I am elected Prime Minister I will be one of the hardest working Prime Ministers of Lazarus. I will, to the best of my abilities, ensure that my campaign is fulfilled. Nor can I speak to his activity, but barring any unforeseeable events I will be available every day ready to help Lazarus a better place.

I think my plans are more extensive than Jack's. Especially, when it comes to the Cards Guild and the Granting Offical. After all, I wish to expand the Cards guild and add new powers to the Granting Offical (Outreach) as has been done in the past. To cement my plans I will submit a draft cabinet structure that I have been thinking about:

Internal Management: Under them will be the Editor-in-chief of the Lazarene Gazzette, the Card's Guildmaster (maybe its own ministry in due time), and the WA sub-ministry (all of who will be Vice-Directors).
Foreign Affairs: Under them will possibly be a single Vice-Director.
Shareholders and Outreach: This person will be responsible for approving citizenship apps, and regional outreach and recruitment.
Regional Guard: Not much will change and I do not plan to appoint a Vice-Director unless asked by the Director.

So it is my dedication to Lazarus, my commitment to get my platform implemented, and my plans that make me the best candidate.

I have some questions for you.

Q1: When referring to expanding the WA sub-ministry you are describing having the person in charge write recommendations. There has been some concern raised on the discord and elsewhere that there may not be enough numbers to adequately staff a WA ministry or sub-ministry. What would you say to people in the region that have those concerns?

Q2: What made you want the Granting Official to have extra duties?

Q3: As a follow on from the last question, do you have any plans to expand the Granting Official role beyond just regional recruitment and asking residents to become citizens. If you do not plan to make this a sub-ministry of Internal Affairs, for example, do you feel that Internal Affairs still has some role in doing outreach?

Q4: Under foreign affairs you mention discussing ending the war with the NPO after a discussion, would this discussion exclude presenting a peace treaty or Non-Aggression Pact agreed to by the NPO, as a framework for that discussion? A lot of past discussions on ending the war with the NPO have ended with no decision due to the uncertainty of our post NPO relations.

Q5: Internal affairs or activity generally can be a catch 22 situation, meaning if activity is not there, people are not interested in necessarily creating their own. There has been a lot of finger pointing and criticisms over activity, but not actually much stepping up to fix it. How do you plan to get people motivated to go out of their way to get involved, and not just sit on the sidelines? This is the same question I'll be asking the others in the race.

Q6: How do you plan to expand the number of members of the regional guard?

Q7: What sort of information would be looking to include in cabinet updates?

Q8: What is your favorite activity during the holidays?
Q1 - If the ministry cannot be staffed then we will continue what we are currently doing. However, I think that it may be possible to have recommendations to be written even with just one or two people that care about the WA. For instance, we could just relay the outcomes of forum votes and write a bare-bones recommendation based on that.

Q2 and Q3 - The Granting Offical only really does one thing, so, what if we gave the Granting Offical outreach permissions? This would not only give the Granting Offical something to do but would save us the need of appointing someone else. As to your second question, the Internal Management person should be more focused on the Cards Guild, Lazarene Gazzette, etc. which are currently under them than outreach. My proposed structure will alleviate some work from the Internal Management Director and put said work on someone who has fewer duties currently. So I want to spread out the work so that no one person is doing too much.

Q4 - We would discuss deciding the declaration of war. After some time we would vote on said proposal. If it passes then we would have a separate discussion on ending the proscriptions. We would then vote on that. If we end the proscriptions then we can discuss our future relationship. As for treaties, they would only be discussed if we end the proscriptions. Maybe, we could hold discussions on an Assembly Resolution on whether or not the region recommends that the Prime Minister reconstruct embassies at the current time.

Q5 - Firstly, with outreach and recruitment we will get new faces which can only help to increase activity. Hopefully, some will be interested in joining internal management. Secondly, I plan to appoint some newer faces into cabinet positions along with some older faces. This blend of the old and the new will help generate new ideas and thus help with the activity of the region. Promoting regional games, events, contests, etc. onsite and offsite will provide people with more to do which will generate more publicity, and get people more interested in joining ministries or becoming a shareholder.

Q6 - Doing more operations will get our name out there. So that will help. The Granting Offical will work with the Director of the Guard with TGs aimed at getting more people interested in the Guard. Furthermore, I think that we should publish what we do onsite. To show that we are active in the NS as a whole and to the Region showing people that we are worth joining.

Q7 - In my planned update will include statements from each member of the Cabinet stating what they have done/are doing with my thoughts at the end about the current state of the region.

Q8 - I think it is when I go and spend time with my family that I never see.

Just noticed deadeye jack is for increasing our "anti-facist" opps. You want to increase regional guard opps to once per month. Is that via these "anti-facist" opps? If not, what type of activity do you prefer we engage in?

Just noticed deadeye jack is for increasing our "anti-facist" opps. You want to increase regional guard opps to once per month. Is that via these "anti-facist" opps? If not, what type of activity do you prefer we engage in?
It would be ant-fascist operations.

You say you feel your plans are more extensive than Jack's but outside of directly mentioning the NPO in your OP, I overall see less in content. How do you plan on making your campaign reflect more of your ideas and subsequently informing the citizenry. No offense, but a lot of it seems to be the same if not very similar ideas or less.

You say you feel your plans are more extensive than Jack's but outside of directly mentioning the NPO in your OP, I overall see less in content. How do you plan on making your campaign reflect more of your ideas and subsequently informing the citizenry. No offense, but a lot of it seems to be the same if not very similar ideas or less.
My plans have been the same or almost the same for a few election cycles. I disagree that my campaign has less content. Because it doesn't.

Firstly I will compare my IA plan to Jack's and you can see that I have slightly stated than Jack's.

Internal Affairs
Mine:

Regional events including cross-regional events;
Card events such as giveaways;
Flag and other contests;
Polls/Qod;
and making sure the Lazarene Gazzette is active;
WA Recommendations.

Jack's:

Contests;
Lazarene Card Stock Ownership game;
and polls/qod;
Also outreach but I have this covered elsewhere.

Secondly,
My plans for outreach are more extensive because I plan to send recruitment telegrams and regional TGs under a Ministry that does not have a lot to do currently.
My plans for Foreign Affairs are more extensive because I have a plan when it comes to the NPO.

Edit: I think that our plans for the Regional Guard are equally extensive.

How do you plan on promoting activity within the Gazette and keeping its staff active and inspired? How often would a Gazette release typically come out? Would there be a rewards system as an incentive for writers? How do you plan on preparing the Gazette when your term is over so that it can survive inactivity provided your successor doesn't bother with it?

How do you plan on promoting activity within the Gazette and keeping its staff active and inspired? How often would a Gazette release typically come out? Would there be a rewards system as an incentive for writers? How do you plan on preparing the Gazette when your term is over so that it can survive inactivity provided your successor doesn't bother with it?
The Gazette is published off-site. If you are not aware the latest issue is for November 2021. I just want them or, even myself, to take the time to copy and paste it into a dispatch and pin it on site. This will help inform on-site players of our off-site activity. They should come out monthly or at the very latest bi-monthly.

However, that issue was the first in a long while. So one of the ideas I have is having the FA staff help write them. After all, these could be used as FA updates as well. Another idea is to include sections of my planned updates into these articles. Additionally, we could ask certain people to write a few paragraphs' worths of content.

As for rewards, I think that we could set up a leaderboard. The more you contribute the higher you get. So like 3 points for each article written, 2 points for editing an article, and 1 point for co-authoring an article. I think that, perhaps, every second issue we could reward the top winners with a shoutout on the WFE.

I think that how I plan to write each issue as I have stated previously will outlast my term as long as they are retained by subsequent Prime Ministers.

Ooo I didn't know there was a format, where is it written?
I'm not sure if we decided to change it. I think it can go from Speaker to Speaker, but it is best to keep with format for records, keep things nice and neat.

Back