Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Discussion Lazarus Corporation Restructuring Act (2021)

Feather
ƒ1,248
Nation
Chanku
Lazarus Corporation Restructuring Act (2021)

Proposed by: Chanku L. Kaizer

Additional credit to: Wymondham, Legalist Zombies

Preamble

Be it approved by the Citizens of Lazarus to establish the Lazarus Corporation -- or LazCorp -- as the basis for our regional themes and titles.

Section 1. Shares of the Lazarus Corporation
(1) There are two categories of Stock for the Lazarus Corporation Class A and Class B Stock.
(2) Class A Stock have Voting rights, Class B Stock do not.
(3) Only Holders of Class A Stock have the right to be a part of the General Meeting of the Shareholders.

Section 2. Shareholders of the Lazarus Corporation
(1) A Citizen may call themselves Shareholders of the Lazarus Corporation and have one Class A Share and a Class B Share.
(2) A Resident may call themselves Shareholders of the Lazarus Corporation and have one Class B Share.
(3) Any Resident who is legally permitted to may put in an order for a Class A share by applying for Citizenship.
(4) The Assembly of Lazarus may be referred to as the General Meeting of the Shareholders.
(5) The Speaker of the General Meeting is the alternative title for the Speaker of the Assembly.

Section 3. Board of Executives
(1) The Cabinet may use the term of Board of Executives.
(2) The Prime Minister may use the title of President of the Lazarus Corporation, or President for short.
(3) Ministers may use the title of Vice President.
(4) Deputy Ministers may use the title of Assistant to the Vice President.

Section 4. Board of Directors
(1) The Council on Lazarene Security may use the term of Board of Directors.
(2) Each member of the Council on Lazarene Security may use the title Director.

Section 5. Auditors
(1) The Court of Lazarus may use the term Auditors of Lazarus.
(2) Justices may use the title Auditor.

Section 7. Delegate and Vice Delegate
(1) The Delegate may use the title Chief Executive Officer or CEO.
(2) The Vice Delegate may use the title Chairperson of the Board of Directors, or Chairperson for short.

Section 8. Military
(1) The Military may use the term Department of Acquisitions.

Section 9. Use of Alternative Titles and Other Fluff
(1) This act merely establishes alternative titles for use within Lazarus and non-legal offical documents, and may not be used within laws or other legal documents.
(2) Nothing in this act can be constructed as creation and establishment of, removal of, or the altering of any property, legal fiction, or legal framework within Lazarus.

Section 10. Repeal
(1) The Lazarene Corporation Theme Act (2018) is repealed.
(2) Any documents that were maintained by the Company prior to the passage of this act is to be amended to include the proper titles. Any records using these titles is to be amended to note the reogranization.

I present this theme act to the Assembly, it renames LazCorp/Lazarene Corporation to the Lazarus Corporation and also restructures some things. I will note I'm generally on the fence about Delegate/Vice Delegate naming and the Minister/Prime Minister naming. Alternatives I've considered is as follows:
Delegate as the CEO and Vice Delegate as the COO, Vice Delegate as the Chairperson of the Board and Delegate as the COO. For the PM I've considreed CEO, Managing Director, and COO in addition to what I went with. For Ministers and Deputy Ministers I considered President and Vice President in addition to what I went with. I'm alright with adjusting these titles as necessary.

Last edited:
I think each title makes sense, and I have no reason I'd vote against it

This will create a lot of confusion.
Do you mean, this part? I could see some confusion here:
(5) The Chairperson of the General Meeting is the alternative title for the Speaker of the Assembly.
(2) The Vice Delegate may use the title Chairperson of the Board of Directors, or Chairperson for short.
Both informally and formally they would end up being called the Chairperson, which could cause confusion I would think, as you have two Chairpersons.

I've considered that, but -- at least to me -- it just doesn't really fit as well as I would like it too, largely because aside from being the successor for the Delegate, they are the Chairperson of the Council on Lazarene Security. That's largely what the VD's normal responsibility is hence me giving the Vice Delegate that title. COO just doesn't really fit well with it, and would rather move it to someone like the PM if I were to give it to anyone to be honest. Although if it's what people would rather do, then I'm not going to boneheadedly refuse to change it.

Do you mean, this part? I could see some confusion here:

Both informally and formally they would end up being called the Chairperson, which could cause confusion I would think, as you have two Chairpersons.
The all the flipping of all the titles for some reason or the other part.

The all the flipping of all the titles for some reason or the other
Admittedly, I do understand how it could be confusing -- and is why I added in clauses requiring changing resources and leaving a note on the change. However, the changes are not done capriciously. Each change was considered rather thoroughly and to what connotations they would bring forward and to how someone who is entirely unfamiliar with our government would read things if they were to encounter LazCorp for the first time. I believe that, if we are to keep LazCorp this change is necessary, even if it may lead to some issues in the short-term.

Let's just not touch this, tbh, seems pretty useless.

I've considered that, but -- at least to me -- it just doesn't really fit as well as I would like it too, largely because aside from being the successor for the Delegate, they are the Chairperson of the Council on Lazarene Security. That's largely what the VD's normal responsibility is hence me giving the Vice Delegate that title. COO just doesn't really fit well with it, and would rather move it to someone like the PM if I were to give it to anyone to be honest. Although if it's what people would rather do, then I'm not going to boneheadedly refuse to change it.
I think it would fit better than having two chairpersons. And arguably the delegate isn't legally the Chief Executive of the region, the PM is the one with full executive powers in terms of the government

I think it would fit better than having two chairpersons. And arguably the delegate isn't legally the Chief Executive of the region, the PM is the one with full executive powers in terms of the government
The delegate, in practice and in game, though, is the one with that power.

The delegate in game is literally labelled the executive.

Back