Newbie (45%)
Verified
Feather
ƒ1,276
Nation
Ags
Region
Lazarus
In light of this announcement, Apatosaurus has asked me to open a discussion and vote on my appointment as speaker.

In line with the Assembly Procedure Act, this discussion will last for a minimum of three days before it can be motioned to vote.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have in the meantime.

What previous experience do you have in a similar role?
Hi, thanks for the question!

I've not yet worked as a speaker of an Assembly yet, however, I have held a few roles which would help me excel in this one.

One of my largest duties on NS has been running the NationStates Great Exhibition (a modern NSWF, designed to replace it after it closed down), where I've had to manage discussions and ensure that events and discussions occured on time, and concluded in time.

My experience as Officer of Outreach in the Rejected Realms is also relevant - I've done a lot of organisational and admin work there, primarily in the form of publishing guides and introducing and running regular and timely projects such as awards etc.

Whereas I won't necessarily be doing the exact same things during my tenure as speaker, I believe my experience in running projects in a timely fashion and moderating discussion in these posts is invaluable, and will help me carry out the duties of the speaker efficiently.

Hope this helps!

Do you believe your positions in regions abroad would impact or interfere with your tasks as Speaker?

Reactions: Aga
Do you believe your positions in regions abroad would impact or interfere with your tasks as Speaker?
One of my main positions abroad at present is the delegate of TRR, however, in about a week my tenure will draw to a close, so that won't be causing issues.

Otherwise, I don't believe that any of my roles abroad will impact my ability to serve as speaker, and I will still be able to carry out my tasks efficiently.

See no issues with this.

Back