Resident Attaché (15%)
Verified
Feather
ƒ1,484
Nation
Canton Empire
Region
Lazarus
I'm posting this thread because the region has been pretty inactive these last few months.

The government hasn't done too much and there hasn't been a lot of citizen participation.

Lets have a discussion. What can we do to raise activity? What are people interested in? What do we need to do to get people talking again?

I feel like we need to have an open and honest discussion, because right now activity levels across the board aren't cutting it, so lets see what works.

Lets have a discussion. What can we do to raise activity? What are people interested in? What do we need to do to get people talking again?
Probably helping me out on RP events, as while doing a lot of jobs myself isn't boring, it means I have to divide myself between multiple projects at once. This slows down completion of individial projects, as I have to drop what I am doing and deal with the next "emergency".

I'll be dropping some "help me out on this" requests later today, but these will relate to setting up post templates for activities. It gets difficult there as I don't want to give out spoilers of the forum ones, so PMs, DMs, and TGs might be best.

I think we might need a group of some kind to co-ordinate and discuss RP activities and prepare for in-game events. Because while you can plan an event as one or two people, little things combined together are a lot of work, such as creating between 10-100 graphics, writing up TGs/PMs/RMB posts ahead of time. To give an example, graphics can take anywhere between 2 minutes to an hour or more to create, and deciding on the right way to write something can take just as long (if not longer).

I don't know about the government, as this sort of situation even happened during the most active days of the HRL. I've put forward ideas of electing ministers directly through elections as Lazarus always did in the past*, but that was shot down, so we could keep recalling PMs, but I don't think that would solve the problem in the long-term. That's if you are thinking of structural alternatives.

What I have thought of is in-game events we run ourselves, inspired by Z-Day for instance, as a way to get folks in the game in the region, and keep them entertained. It would require nations signing up via telegram or RMB post. But it is plausible to run a RP event, with a dispatch, then declare winner/s and give out awards when it is over. Temporary re-theming of the WFE for those events could also be an idea.

*Like in the HRL, CU, pre-PRL regimes (though probably the PRL as well), Ministers were directly elected by the Assembly, so the Delegate (or PM in our case) being inactive would still matter, but departments could run as normal and be semi-autonomous. That would require a constitutional amendment and a ministries act for the same thing here though.

Edit: You can see the To Do List of the activities I mention here: https://nslazarus.com/forum/index.php?threads/3617/

Last edited:
I read thru & like the 4 games, @Roger. Are most/if not all to be played via the forums?

I think all 4 are great ideas, and it would be most productive if we can pick one to devote all of our resources to before working on the other 3. That way we can get a quick win and see how engaged the region is with forum games.

Should we/you have ample help, which of the four could we get up and running the fastest?

Edit: I just saw the timeline thread. Is that accurate as of now?

I read thru & like the 4 games, @Roger. Are most/if not all to be played via the forums?

I think all 4 are great ideas, and it would be most productive if we can pick one to devote all of our resources to before working on the other 3. That way we can get a quick win and see how engaged the region is with forum games.

Should we/you have ample help, which of the four could we get up and running the fastest?

Edit: I just saw the timeline thread. Is that accurate as of now?
Most will be forum based, but as I mentioned it is plausible to set up in-game events as well.

Among Us, Werewolf, and Penultimate Supper will take the shortest time, as the first two are common games you can easily find rules for.

Penultimate Supper will take the longest of the three as it has a lot of different elements to it, and if it doesn't have a lot of written content and effort, as a mystery game it could bore people.

The Pokemon Gym will take the longest time of all, as it requires a lot of complex dice generation, and Pokemon statistics take time to decide upon. We do have starter Pokemon added to the shop, but obviously evolutions and such would need to be added.

The timeline thread is not accurate as it was written when we were using myBB, so I have just archived that.

Well, I'm currently waiting on a vote for our new treaty and am thinking about moving onto the other FA goals my platform included. I've been approached about things we could be involved with this Christmas that could be fun too. NR's ideas also sound exciting and I'd be perfectly happy to help him make them a reality.

Well, I'm currently waiting on a vote for our new treaty and am thinking about moving onto the other FA goals my platform included. I've been approached about things we could be involved with this Christmas that could be fun too. NR's ideas also sound exciting and I'd be perfectly happy to help him make them a reality.
I agree! I'm really on board with NR's ideas and the forum is built to do a lot so we are ready to go if we choose to do them

Apologies all -- I've been a bit busy the last...er month or so, but going forward I will make an effort to check in more often, a few times a week, to stay updated and work on things

Back