Feather
ƒ1,484
Nation
Canton Empire
Region
Lazarus
JL for Prime Minister: Reinventing an Identity

Fellow Lazarenes.

It is no secret that we have not been at the activity levels that we have wanted to be at recently. I think we should emphasize that this is not the fault of anyone. These things happen, but what we need to do is to adjust our strategy and policy to put that fire back into Lazarus. The Fire of rebirth that has defined our existence. This is our own unique chance of rebirth, and that starts with reinventing our own identity. A stronger Lazarene identity.

How do we do that?

Firstly, the concept of being Lazarene should be independent of a theme. A regional theme should supplement being Lazarene, not define it. We are connected not by LazCorp but for our love to Lazarus and our collective experiences here.

Identity and Foreign Policy

A strong foreign policy must be shown to the world. This is not the same Lazarus that required interregional intervention in 2017. Four years on from the civil war, it is time to assert ourselves once again, leveraging different aspects of the community, such as a vibrant world assembly department.

Lazarene Foreign Policy under my Premiership will first seek to bring to an immediate end the War Against the Pacific, formally. My administration would seek to have a peace treaty drafted and ratified by midterm, finally moving on from this era.

Identity and Internal Affairs (and yes the theme question)

Identity will be built by focusing on what the community is interested in, and meeting them there.

The World Assembly is a big aspect of what I want to achieve in cultivating an identity, increasing endorsement counts across the board, recommitting to incentivizing endorsing the Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Guardians, and also drafting resolutions and having an active space to discuss resolutions.

Setting up weekly community building activities is also something I want to consider doing as well.

Lastly, theming has been on a lot of people's mind, and for that, discussions will be held, but I'm inclined to propose themeless Lazarus, and rather make a reflection of our culture involve the setting of Lazarus, the climate of the holy land, and allowing that to give us a color palette and flag, and adopt a neutral theme until something better is proposed and universally agreed upon.

Thank you all for you time, please ask questions!

What made you come back to Lazarus?
I felt like the time was right to return, so I did. Getting involved in politics was never actually the initial plan, I had just planned to hang with the community and do what I could where I could, but hey, things happen and now I'm running to lead the region!

Q: What do you consider most necessary for driving activity? Some would argue role-play, inter-regional festivals, and perhaps political dialogue and discussions. Though how would you want to want to approach this?

Q: You mention ending the war against The Pacific, and a peace agreement. Would this peace agreement be a non-aggression pact, or would it be to restore diplomatic relations as well?

Q: Following on from ending the war, would you wish to end the proscription banning all NPO citizens and residents from participating here, or would you want this to continue?

Q: Are there any other foreign policy objectives, or more specifically any other regions that you would like us to develop or improve relations with during your prospective term?

Q: Given that recent Assembly discussions on a theme reached an impasse with no consensus to change the theme, wouldn't a no theme policy be difficult to implement, especially if it turns out many prefer some form of theme?

Q: You mention that you would like to see more community building activities, what activities might you be thinking of should take place?

Q: Green has generally been the color palette of Lazarus applied to the flag, with the exception of the People's Republic of Lazarus, which adopted red as their color palette for their flag. Do you have an idea of a color palette that would be more akin to the climate of the holy land? If not, why do you think the current color palette applied to the flag needs a change?

Q: How do you think we could improve our participation in the World Assembly? Are there any issues you think might be faced in this?

Q: If you were trapped on a tropical island, what would you bring with you?

Moe attempted to address the war and it failed.

Our inactivity is the fault of the government for making no attempt to recruit anyone gameside, but spending their time in office seeking FA wins, like treaties, festivals no one shows up to, or ending the war.

Endorsements can be handled within the capability of the guardians, VD, and delegate.

Neutral isn't working well for our dead guard. Extending that to the entire region won't work well or build any sense of identity. I don't think there was a theme change ever universally agreed upon, and some of the more popular ones were enforced by a delegate.

What do you mean by community building activities? Why just consider the idea when it is one of the things we are most in need of?

After a secession of lackluster governments, I want to see more thought into how we should address our glaring problems.

What is your plan of attack to address our inactivity, and who do you have in mind for IA minister to assist you in this endeavor?

Would you make an attempt to change the guard charter to reflect an independent Laz?

Last edited:
Q: What do you consider most necessary for driving activity? Some would argue role-play, inter-regional festivals, and perhaps political dialogue and discussions. Though how would you want to want to approach this?

Q: You mention ending the war against The Pacific, and a peace agreement. Would this peace agreement be a non-aggression pact, or would it be to restore diplomatic relations as well?

Q: Following on from ending the war, would you wish to end the proscription banning all NPO citizens and residents from participating here, or would you want this to continue?

Q: Are there any other foreign policy objectives, or more specifically any other regions that you would like us to develop or improve relations with during your prospective term?

Q: Given that recent Assembly discussions on a theme reached an impasse with no consensus to change the theme, wouldn't a no theme policy be difficult to implement, especially if it turns out many prefer some form of theme?

Q: You mention that you would like to see more community building activities, what activities might you be thinking of should take place?

Q: Green has generally been the color palette of Lazarus applied to the flag, with the exception of the People's Republic of Lazarus, which adopted red as their color palette for their flag. Do you have an idea of a color palette that would be more akin to the climate of the holy land? If not, why do you think the current color palette applied to the flag needs a change?

Q: How do you think we could improve our participation in the World Assembly? Are there any issues you think might be faced in this?

Q: If you were trapped on a tropical island, what would you bring with you?
1. I feel like they all play a huge part in generating activity, but what it's going to take is a discussion on what we want to focus on. I don't want make a move towards doing something that other people aren't interested in. So I'd like to dabble in all three and then hone in on what's clicking and what's not.

2. The peace treaty will be a non aggression pact. Diplomatic relations will not be restored.

3. The proscription will continue.

4. I want to make sure that we're looking inward first, and that means that new relationships will take a backseat to the ones we've already developed

5. I'm not interested in pursuing a theme change as a main goal of this administration, as stated, I want Lazarene identity to be distinct from any theme. I will just propose the idea and let debate occur

6. I really want to expand on RL discussions, like current events, cooking, music, stuff that really lets us know who our

7. I was thinking green mixed with gold and purple would be pretty slick looking, but that has to be experimented with

8. I think that drafting resolutions has been a big part of what we have done so far, and I'd like to continue that on the GA and SC sides of the ball and that should continue. Expanding the scope of the resolutions we develop would be immensely helpful.

9. The entirety of Lazarus. We're making Lord of the Flies ethical babeyyyy

Do you have any reflections based on your last term in office?
Activity here does self sustain. Which is something we can use. I think we underestimate the push it takes to create activity in a specific topic here, so I want to use that to our advantage

Moe attempted to address the war and it failed.

Our inactivity is the fault of the government for making no attempt to recruit anyone gameside, but spending their time in office seeking FA wins, like treaties, festivals no one shows up to, or ending the war.

Endorsements can be handled within the capability of the guardians, VD, and delegate.

Neutral isn't working well for our dead guard. Extending that to the entire region won't work well or build any sense of identity. I don't think there was a theme change ever universally agreed upon, and some of the more popular ones were enforced by a delegate.

What do you mean by community building activities? Why just consider the idea when it is one of the things we are most in need of?

After a secession of lackluster governments, I want to see more thought into how we should address our glaring problems.

What is your plan of attack to address our inactivity, and who do you have in mind for IA minister to assist you in this endeavor?

Would you make an attempt to change the guard charter to reflect an independent Laz?
I explained above what I consider to be community building activities, but we can further have game nights, radio shows, contests. Things that keep people talking about Lazarus are things we need to do. That's the most immediate thing we need to do.

The plan of attack involves getting started what I said above immediately, in addition to creating conversations on discord, and having a discussion on what it means to be a Lazarene. I have someone in mind, I am waiting for confirmation from them

I want to change the guard charter, but I want to have a discussion on alignment

Activity here does self sustain. Which is something we can use. I think we underestimate the push it takes to create activity in a specific topic here, so I want to use that to our advantage
Ok, I'll be a little more direct here. One of the things that I thought we were on the same page on, is working on the Gazette. I don't think I'm blameless here, but after being reassured for months that there were things going on in the works, and that these articles were on track and being written, we're still yet to see any articles being released on the forums, or on our NationStates thread, etc. I'll also just bring up the point that each time I asked about those, I indicated that I was willing to write the articles, that I could help look at them, whatever you needed. I would frankly have been fine if I ended up writing all of the articles myself, but the answers that I was given made me assume that you had things 100% handled.

My question isn't really "Where are these articles?" (although you can answer that if you'd like), my question is more about what did you think of your performance as director of internal affairs last time, what you thought of the position, and what you thought were the highlights of the term or some of the low points that you'd like to have changed?

I also think that a big talking point in this platform is discussing a regional identity. Again, this is something that we had discussed when I first brought you in as the IM director, so what do you think has been done since then, and why do you feel that it's still something we need to work through with you as PM for the next term?

Ok, I'll be a little more direct here. One of the things that I thought we were on the same page on, is working on the Gazette. I don't think I'm blameless here, but after being reassured for months that there were things going on in the works, and that these articles were on track and being written, we're still yet to see any articles being released on the forums, or on our NationStates thread, etc. I'll also just bring up the point that each time I asked about those, I indicated that I was willing to write the articles, that I could help look at them, whatever you needed. I would frankly have been fine if I ended up writing all of the articles myself, but the answers that I was given made me assume that you had things 100% handled.

My question isn't really "Where are these articles?" (although you can answer that if you'd like), my question is more about what did you think of your performance as director of internal affairs last time, what you thought of the position, and what you thought were the highlights of the term or some of the low points that you'd like to have changed?

I also think that a big talking point in this platform is discussing a regional identity. Again, this is something that we had discussed when I first brought you in as the IM director, so what do you think has been done since then, and why do you feel that it's still something we need to work through with you as PM for the next term?
The term didn't go as I had hoped, if I'm being perfectly honest. I wished I had had the Gazette issue done by the end of last month but I dropped the ball there. I also wish we had pushed more for that regional identity. To counter act any potential inactivity from me, I have dropped positions in other regions and Lazarus is my only active region. I still think that regional identity can't be built in a term or two or three, but I'm hoping to put the region on that track

Reactions: moe
Back