Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Assembly Speaker Eligibility Amendment (August 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debussy

Commissioner (45%)
Staff member
Epistates
Epilektoi (CLS)
Citizen
Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ4,103
Eevee
Cyndaquil
Nation
Debussy
Region
Lazarus
Assembly Speaker Eligibility Amendment (August 2021)

Proposed by Debussy Debussy

Preamble

This amendment shall allow for the Speaker to be a member of the Council on Lazarene Security.

Section I. subsection (13), as it is currently written, reads:

(13) The Assembly Speaker will serve until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or Delegate, or automatic removal from office. The Assembly Speaker may not serve in any other office or stand for election while serving as Assembly Speaker.

(2) Section I. subsection (13), will be amended to read:

(13) The Assembly Speaker will serve until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or Delegate, or automatic removal from office. The Assembly Speaker may not stand for election while serving as Assembly Speaker. The Assembly Speaker may not serve in any other office but the Council on Lazarene Security.

Last edited:
This is not needed at the moment, but maybe in the future.

I think it is important to keep that the Assembly Speaker may not run for PM as Speaker. I believe if you want the job, you should take the chance of resigning.

This is not needed at the moment, but maybe in the future.

I think it is important to keep that the Assembly Speaker may not run for PM as Speaker. I believe if you want the job, you should take the chance of resigning.
So you are withdrawing your proposal, and would like it tabled?

Last edited:
For what it's worth, given my proposal failed I would greatly be in support of this. I also think we should pass this *before* we face a staffing problem again so that we don't have to start from square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back