Verified
Feather
ƒ1,249
Nation
moezarus
Region
Lazarus
Hello all,

I have spent the past few weeks of my term working on foreign affairs and continue to do so, but I'd now like to focus on domestic affairs.

I have heard from many citizens/shareholders that our current activity is not ideal. Indeed, it was difficult for me to even find enough citizens to fill the director spots. So I would like to ask the citizenry of Lazarus some questions:

1. I have heard this "myth" or "hypothesis" that we, as sinkers, naturally have a harder time with retention, because refounded regions have often shown they have already left the game once and won't be very active, or perhaps the refounded nations were puppets. What do you think of this claim?

2. Obviously, more active shareholders, the better. And of course we should always be thinking of new ways to increase the amount of active citizens that we have. But for now, our government seems to be at least functioning. Do you think at the present, we need to be ringing the alarm bells and launching a massive effort to get new citizens ASAP, or should we be working on slower, more incremental changes to try and build up citizens over time?

3. What can I/we/the government do to attract new talent and citizens to Lazarus? What have we tried in the past?

1. Firstly, I think the more respectable argument is Feeders vs Sinkers, because Feeders get the nations just created, whereas we get the nations that CTE, and often move right away or were inactive at some point they as let themselves CTE in the first place. As far as the data is concerned, Osiris has had a lot more success than us in many areas of forum and discord activity, but we do better in WA retention. Balder is less active forum wise, but they have the best WA numbers at the Delegacy level. For a while Lazarus has been largely WA numbers focused.

2. Active citizens are great, as long as it is the right sort of activity. So any appeal that is going to work would have to appeal to nations in a positive and welcoming fashion, not be too intrusive, and not make them think major changes or inactivity is on the way, which is more likely to scare them off. I've seen plenty of recruitment campaigns of various regions make their approach on their region being radically different or going to be, to limited success. Just because folks can tend to stick to what is expected, and not want to think they are going into a region in a mess. The campaign in a sinker would need offer a little something new, and provide promises we can keep, without making it appear the region is disgruntled or disorganized, or scare them away/annoy them.

3. Publicly making a recruitment drive on the basis of a region is inactive, regardless of inactivity ironically creates a catch22 situation, as it makes those who are active consider leaving, as the region is put forward as something in decline. It also can come across as wanting them for some regional concern/selfish reason like just wanting their WA, and not offering them some reason to stay for a more benign reason. So you really have to make like things are going on, by keeping them somewhat informed.

There are plenty of traditional approaches that work well that tend to avoid this, and have done so:
- Role-plays and festivals
- TG campaigns to endorse the Delegate, CLS, and each other
- TG campaigns to join the forum and participate in the assembly and so on
- TG campaigns that are giving a what is up in the region news report
- Discord appeals and recruitment on our server
- RMB announcements

Though TG campaigns need to meet a balance of not being so frequent to become an annoyance, in which case nations choose to block or ignore them. So more than sending one or two regional government TGs a week, would likely reach that limit for some.

Last edited:
Reactions: moe
Not sure how endorsements relate to citizenship, but it would be cool if we could start getting more of those management reports. they look nice

would fall on the internal minister/director tho

I think I can definitely send out a brief update by the end of this week, detailing what our region has been up to, and maybe seeing if any other nations are interested in getting citizenship.

I also like the idea of running polls to see how many of our nations are checking the regional page and interacting with it.

Back