Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Proposal] Reduction in punishment (September 2020)

Domais

The Domster!
Strategos (LazGuard Commander)
Citizen
Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,896
Nation
Domais
Region
Lazarus

Reduction in punishment (September 2020)
Proposed by @Domais
PreambleSection 1. Reduction of Sentence
[cell]Vedan is to be banned from membership of the Regional Guard for 18 months, banned from holding public office for 8 months and shall have their voting rights suspended for 2 months. They may apply to have their Regional Guard ban commuted after 12 months and their ban from public office commuted after 6 months.[/cell]

(2) A Reduced Sentence shall read:

[cell]Vedan is to be banned from membership of the Regional Guard for 6 .[/cell]

No more sensible a proposal now than it was last time.

Can you rename the legislation to specifically mention Vedan?

Regardless, I don't see any argument FOR this proposal. Any explanation?

Let me just sum up our arguements from last time (https://www.nslazarus.com/thread-1522.html) as this is the same proposal that was voted down last time by one vote, just with the dates changed.
1. (Banned from the guard) Why ban an eager member of the Guard for such a long time? Even if he wasn't an eager member, 18 months is just too long.
2. (Ban on public office) Why? This is totally unrelated, I know he was privately appointed director of the guard but that wasn't official. I feel like that is blow out of proportions.
3. (Voting rights suspended) Why? Again, unrelated.
4. (Commuting a part of a sentence) This is dumb, and may I ask apply to whom? The courts or the Delegate? Can we just settle on a time frame and not having this "commutation".
5. This was way to harsh and a bouch of it was completely unrelated
6. This discourages further interregional military activity.

Frankender;10554 said:
Can you rename the legislation to specifically mention Vedan?

Can you fix this issue before continuing discussion on the proposal?

I do think, though, that I agree with you generally on this proposal. I do thing the sentencing was a bit "cruel and unusual" for the crime committed.

Can we get Vedan to admit guilt and apologize for his crimes? I would suggest communing his sentence all together if he did that.

It's not an issue. This is the same title as last time but with the change of dates.

If that is the case, I oppose this legislation.

I've also asked questions regarding this proposal that haven't been answered and with that I also oppose this legislation.

Dude, if I put "Reduction in Vedan's punishment (September 2020)" it's kinda long and that's why Vedan is mentioned in text. As for him apologizing, I don't get why you're being hostile to me when I'm not Vedan. If you want someone to apologize ask them.

Domais;10582 said:
Dude, if I put "Reduction in Vedan's punishment (September 2020)" it's kinda long and that's why Vedan is mentioned in text. As for him apologizing, I don't get why you're being hostile to me when I'm not Vedan. If you want someone to apologize ask them.

Look everyone I know that I got a little bit too hasty back then, but I was just trying to make the guard into something fun and unique. Something that would be useful to Lazarus and stimulate activity in a otherwise dead institution. Some of you may disagree with my ideals and my way of doing things, but I only had the best interests of this region at heart. I ask that you please vote yes to the redu nation of my sentence to something more fitting the offense. The period that my voteing rights were taken away has already passed, there is nothing that can be done about that at this point. However I see no reason why both my ability to run for office and my ability to participate in the guard should both be stripped away for such a minor offense. The punishment does not fit the crime in this case, and sets a dangerous precident for all future defendants to be dealt similarly harsh rulings. If any of you truley belive in justice then you should see the need to assist me in getting my sentence reduced to something more reasonable.

Back