ƒ4,103
Eevee
Cyndaquil
Nation
Debussy
Region
Lazarus
joWhatup;10251 said:
Following Whatermelons' resignation, the Regional Guard has been without a leader for a while. That is why I would like to propose Roavin as Director of the Guard.

Roavin has long been a citizen, and has a long history in military-related matters, serving as First Warden of the Grey Wardens and Minister of Military Affairs in the South Pacific. He has an extensive military record and is widely considered as one of the best at what he does in military gameplay, and I hope the Assembly will support his appointment. :)

In addition, on Guard related matters, Melons has agreed to continue serving in the Guard as an officer, to help out the Director in recruiting, leading and organising operations and helping to manage the Guard in other matters, in order to help the Guard get back on it's feet to serve our interests abroad (and to have fun doing so).

I don't know much about military stuff yet, but if he has done this before in other regions then it sounds like he's qualified!

Ohai!

I don't have a campaign or a speech written, so I'll just braindump the basics as they come to me.

Military Experience: jo already summarized it pretty well. I started military gameplay about 4 years ago, and have done pretty much anything from raiding to defending to griefing, to being a grunt soldier to leading troops into huge operations to planning those same operations. I can't think of anything I haven't done before in this area. For the most part I have been involved in the "defender" aspect of the typical R/D dichotomy, and I've also done quite a few antifa operations.

Cabinet Experience: The Guard Director is a member of Cabinet. While I have not served in the Lazarus Cabinet, I've served extensively in the TSP Cabinet (including a whopping 5 terms as Prime Minister), so the day-to-day of Cabinet business is not new to me.

Operations: The mandate of the Guard is very limited (by design), nonetheless there are ample opportunities for the Guard to perform military operations. In practice, the Guard will (for the most part) split its time between fulfilling our FA objectives in the warzones and performing various antifa operations. I will allow the Guard to join on antifa ops even when NPO is involved.

Internals: As I have not been a member of the Guard, I cannot with authority say what needs to be done here at this time. I know how to run a military, however; I will ensure there is a roster, training materials, and a sensible, opsec-compliant setup on the Guard's discord server. Recruitment efforts will surely be necessary, and I look forward to working with Melons on that front.

Goals: My intent is to make sure the Guard is structured sensibly, and to ensure that there are at least two individuals within the Guard that have all the officer qualifications and could take over the job of the Guard Director with a running start. As with my Speakership, once that time comes, I will coordinate with the Prime Minister to find the best time to pass on the Guard to a newer member.

---

Well, that's a quick rundown. Ask me anything!

You know he was a former speaker of lazarus right? Full support.

Roavin Roavin

I will try to ask a few questions to your discretion;

a) Who would you say is your role model?

b) What is your vision for Lazarus in two months?

c) Where are we as a region in terms of security?

d) Why have you accepted the nomination"?

e) How would you ensure Lazarene security?

Full support from me. I can attest to Roavin's expertise in R/D, so having one of the top fendas in the current meta leading the Guard is an excellent decision.

Debussy;10275 said:
Thoughts on the war?

Inb4 he says "it's dumb, needs to end"

The Prime Minister of Lazarus nor the Assembly of Lazarus can, at this time, reasonably promise (With a 100% Guarantee) to protect the "regional security" of a Warzone as the Charter of the Regional Guard (Constitutional Law) gives the Guard the power to raid and defend Warzones at its leisure nor does the Charter allow the Assembly or Prime Minister to invalidate this, and the Director of the Guard is not subordinate to the Prime Minister, rather subordinate to the Delegate. For Warzone Inc. to exist in a De Jure sense the Charter of the Regional Guard must be amended or the Delegate and by extension the Director of the Guard may be able to unilaterally nullify this treaty; passing a separate Constitutional law would be illegal as it would contradict the Charter of the Regional. Don't get me wrong I support Warzones Inc. but I think we should fix this issue before entering a formal arrangement.

Thanks for the questions!

Demonos;10273 said:
a) Who would you say is your role model?

Oof. Hard to say. I tend to mix and match things to be inspired by rather than taking it wholesale from one individual.

Demonos;10273 said:
b) What is your vision for Lazarus in two months?

Pretty much as it is now, but with a better Guard.

Demonos;10273 said:
c) Where are we as a region in terms of security?

We're in a very good spot. Lazarus has all the elements of a democracy, as it has had before, but the Delegacy is out of the picture of that and entrusted with somebody that is Lazarene through and through to hold things together. It's, in my opinion, the perfect model for Laz.

Demonos;10273 said:
d) Why have you accepted the nomination"?

This is a complicated one. As you may remember, I was against the existence of the Guard in the first place - its creation was a consequence of the war against NPO that I find to be ill-advised, and I thought (then as now) that it introduces an attack vector for cosmopolitan gameplayers (be they raiders, defenders, imperialists, whatnot) to get into Lazarus and subvert the Guard and then the region for their self-serving designs. I wrote my thoughts about that in a bit more detail here. I still think that, though I am relieved to see that for all this time Lazarus has kept the tightly restricted mandate for the Guard that prevented that attack vector from opening up.

When jo approached me, I was hesitant at first for multiple reasons, including the above. After some consideration and more talking to jo about what a Roavin tenure as director would look like, I decided to offer my service for the following reasons. First, I obviously know how to do it. Second, while I was against the creation of the Regional Guard, I can't deny that it exists and is a part of Lazarus at this time, and therefore it requires taking seriously and, in its current state, it needs a bit of TLC. Third, part of the reason I am a part of Lazarus is precisely for this kind of situation - for various historic reasons, I am quite fond and protective of Lazarus, and just like with my Speakership, running the Guard and raising up my successor is exactly the kind of thing that fits within that context.

Demonos;10273 said:
e) How would you ensure Lazarene security?

Laz is pretty secure as-is, and it's the job of the CLS to ensure that. That being said, I always have an open ear and obviously if there were an actual urgent situation I know how to best deploy the Guard to help out.

Debussy;10275 said:
Thoughts on the war?

Well, to quote Ryccia, "it's dumb, needs to end". :p

Mr. Speaker, You have our full Support. We recommend citizens and shareholders approve Roavin's nomination so that he may right away set to his duties. We find Roavin to be capable, knowledgeable and experienced. Roavin is a very good candidate to head our security forces.

If there is no further discussion on this, I would like to get this moving soon.

What's the point of moving this forward when, if voting starts today, it will end on the 25th? If you do the math Roavin will only be Director of the Guard for 6 days, not even a week.

Domais;10320 said:
No motion has been made.

Oh, I misunderstood. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back