ƒ2,940
Nation
Custadia
Region
Lazarus
6S855Ho.png

Vote McChimp for Prime Minister

Internal Affairs

Internal affairs will continue to run endorsement campaigns and engage our on-site population with regional events and roleplay. I intend to try and move some of the more serious roleplay into on-site forum threads so that our RMB can be the fluffy place it was a few months ago once more. Publication of the Gazette will continue and citizens and residents will be able to contribute, though with greater editorial oversight than before; the Gazette is published by our government and it is therefore not excusable for articles such as last term's interview with United Massachusetts, released in the wake of his being found undercover in TNP, to be included.

Foreign Affairs

If elected, I will continue as I did when I was MoFA, working to consolidate the NAP with The South Pacific into a mutual defence treaty and pursuing a formal relationship with The Rejected Realms. I will not enforce an exclusionary application of neutrality. One of the many great benefits of that ideology is the diversity of regions it enables us to befriend, so turning away current or prospective allies would be a waste. I will work to maintain cordial relations with our allies and protect our own interests. More routinely, I intend for the department to produce a bi-quarterly report for the perusal of those regions with whom we have embassies.

The Guard

The Guard is a contentious issue, and it is my opinion that there are types of operation that have not been tried that its members may find interesting. As such, I will not pursue deregulation but will instead encourage exploration of what is possible within the confines of the law as it stands.

What should we do with the RP server? Do you see it playing a role? By formal relationship with The Rejected Realms, do you mean a treaty? If so, what kind? Are there other regions or would The South Pacific and The Rejected Realms be the sole priority? What types of operations do you have in mind?

Q1: Q2:In regards to RP, we do have a RP server on discord and a forum, both of which are not very utilized unlike other GCRs like TSP, TNP, and TEP, which have an extensive community on both platforms. Is there something we could do to convince more residents and citizens alike to join in and make those platforms thrive?

Q4:Q5:Q6: The guard as you mention is a contentious issue, as there are a wide range of opinions, and the recent vote on amending the guard fell short of quorum. How do you think you will approach the situation? As it seems that no matter the position i.e. status quo, raider-lean, defender-lean, or more controversially 'independent' or 'imperialist', it is going to leave folks unhappy.

Debussy;9298 said:
What should we do with the RP server? Do you see it playing a role?
New Rogernomics;9304 said:
Q3: In regards to RP, we do have a RP server on discord and a forum, both of which are not very utilized unlike other GCRs like TSP, TNP, and TEP, which have an extensive community on both platforms. Is there something we could do to convince more residents and citizens alike to join in and make those platforms thrive?
Debussy;9298 said:
By formal relationship with The Rejected Realms, do you mean a treaty? If so, what kind? Are there other regions or would The South Pacific and The Rejected Realms be the sole priority? What types of operations do you have in mind?
Q5: On a more positive note, where do you think is the place for Lazarus on the world stage? Meaning is it as neutral arbiter and soft-power, or do you think there is some military role we could play in the future? Expanding on this, improving relations with TSP and TRR are worthy goals, though there are also regions like Balder or TEP that we could look at expanding relations with.
Debussy;9298 said:
What types of operations do you have in mind?
Q6: The guard as you mention is a contentious issue, as there are a wide range of opinions, and the recent vote on amending the guard fell short of quorum. How do you think you will approach the situation? As it seems that no matter the position i.e. status quo, raider-lean, defender-lean, or more controversially 'independent' or 'imperialist', it is going to leave folks unhappy.
Q1: Do you think there is something we could be doing to expand upon endorsement campaigns? Right now it mostly consists of telegrams, dispatches, and competitions.
Q2: You mention that the Gazette needs more oversight, what do you think needs to be done to establish more editorial control over it?
Q4: Since you mention foreign affairs, and I have asked this question of the other candidates, where necessary, what is your stance on the NPO-Lazarene relations? Do you think we are ready for another vote on the issue as PM, or do you think it is something we still need time to think it over? Either way, whenever it is brought up it seems to divide the region, and we are very much in a cold-war situation, with no outright military action against the NPO, though not exactly a move towards normal relations either.

I don't think we should make peace with the NPO until we see positive material change. If we do see that then tentatively we might start to take steps towards normalising relations, but we're not there yet.

Thanks for your responses. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back