Areopagite (Justice)
Citizen
Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ1,487
Nation
Wymondham
So, I've been thinking, scary as I know it is :p. Although we have the forum awards system I was wondering what people would think about a more formalised, legally recognised awards and honours system which would grant not just awards but honorary titles as well so as to award those who have contributed a lot to the region?

I proposed this once in the HRL, though it seems the act text might be lost to history at this point.

If we were to do this, then the main components would need to be something like:

1) Full List of Titles and Awards
A. Titles and awards types, and designating authority i.e. who is going to decide what the awards are, and change them from time to time.
B. OR if not, a full list of Awards and Titles, and a need to amend to add new awards or titles. So A is probably best, unless we have a list ready to go.
2) Assembly can revoke the award/title by vote.
3) Decide on timing i.e. every 30 days, or do timing by award i.e. best guitar player of the month.

This isn't required in the act, but how do we want this implemented?

1) Should the titles be underneath or above the user group title images or should they just be up to folks using in their signatures.
2) Should awards be added into the existing awards in the awards plugin, or just something folks put in their signatures.

Domais;9259 said:
Would the images need to be included in the act?
No, as we would want to be able to change the images over time. It would be what the award is for that is important.

The exception would be if we were to make an official seals act, which would require that.

New Rogernomics;9260 said:
No, as we would want to be able to change the images over time. It would be what the award is for that is important.

The exception would be if we were to make an official seals act, which would require that.
Couldn't we just add a clause for both saying "The Assembly may alter these seals/awards by majority vote and the Prime Minister may alter these seals/awards, so long as such action does not infringe on a preexisting resolution passed by the Assembly within the last three months."

Domais;9261 said:
New Rogernomics;9260 said:

Couldn't we just add a clause for both saying "The Assembly may alter these seals/awards by majority vote and the Prime Minister may alter these seals/awards, so long as such action does not infringe on a preexisting resolution passed by the Assembly within the last three months."

Lazarene Awards and Honors Act (January 2020)
[align=center]Proposed by: PreambleSection 1. Granting of Awards and Honors

(1) Official awards and honors to be granted shall consist of:

a. Honorary titles given to a citizen,
b. Awards given to a citizen,
c. Donated gifts of monetary or other value given to a citizen.

(2) Awards and honors may be granted to a citizen through the following means:

a. The Assembly holding a 50%+1 majority vote to grant established awards or honors,
b. The Minister appointed by the Prime Minister to be a granting official,
c. The Forum Administration team granting them.

Section 2. Alteration of Awards and Honors

(1) Official awards and honors can be established, replaced, modified, or removed by:

a. The Minister appointed by the Prime Minister to be a granting official,
b. The Forum Administration team, where necessary or in-conjunction with granting officials.

(2) Official awards and honors may be revoked from a citizen by the granting authority:

a. The Minister appointed by the Prime Minister to be a granting official,
b. The Forum Administration team, where necessary or in-conjunction with granting officials,
c. The Assembly, if they granted them, by holding a 50%+1 majority vote.

Can the Prime Minister appoint themselves as the granting official? If the granting authority comes from the PM office, should the law read as such?

b. The Prime Minister or any Minister appointed to be a granting official,

Debussy;9276 said:

Can the Prime Minister appoint themselves as the granting official? If the granting authority comes from the PM office, should the law read as such?

b. The Prime Minister or any Minister appointed to be a granting official,
No, that would be strange. The granting authority comes from the act and not the PM, who appoints them. It makes more sense for Internal Management i.e. Culture, to do it. It doesn't really need to be implied that the PM can already direct their Ministers, in this case straight out direct their Minister to hand out an award.

Domais;9296 said:
Can we vote on this yet?

@"Wymondham" proposed the concept, so we should wait to hear back from him on this proposed draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back