Feather
ƒ4,525
Litten
Charmander
Nation
New Rogernomics
Region
Lazarus
I think by Instant runoff voting Cormac and Atlantica mean the way it has been carried out in regions where he has constitutionally proscribed the same method. The way it has traditionally worked in Cormac's constitutions is lots of candidates run. Then if no candidate gets a majority, there is an instant runoff between the top 2 candidates

wymondham;6514 said:
I think by Instant runoff voting Cormac and Atlantica mean the way it has been carried out in regions where he has constitutionally proscribed the same method. The way it has traditionally worked in Cormac's constitutions is lots of candidates run. Then if no candidate gets a majority, there is an instant runoff between the top 2 candidates
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting#Voting_method_criteriahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-round_system#Compliance_with_voting_system_criteria

NR - The two "systems" you outline in your OP are exactly the same. Whenever there are only two candidates, one will always have a majority, so there is no case where your two procedures are different.

To your point in the other thread, IRV actually isn't very complex at all. Its sister-system, Single Transferable Vote (basically IRV but used for multi-winner elections) is the headache-inducing one, and the one that caused all the problems at the ConCon. When you only have a single winner, then it's called IRV (I think you're referring to it as "rounded voting") and is quite simple.

Wym - That's by definition not IRV, that's a Two-Round System. I imagine what was being referred to is the same as to the system that TSP uses, which is also legislated as IRV. It's exactly what NR detailed in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back