Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,940
Nation
Custadia
Region
Lazarus
has nominated New Rogernomics to serve as Vice Delegate. Please discuss said nomination in this thread.

Per prior precedent, the minimum discussion period began at the time the Delegate posted the nominations (10:32 on June 8th.)

Full support.

Yay! I look forward to seeing what you accomplish as Vice-Delegate NR! :) Here are some questions to help us get to know you and your plans better:

What have you accomplished as Minister of Media and Events that you're the most proud of?

What do you see as the role of the Vice-Delegate? Do you have any particular plans you'd like to make a reality while in the position?

If Tubbius is unable to continue being delegate, do you think you'll be able to fill the seat well? Do you think you'll be able to both do region and forums stuff effectively?

If someone gave you a lemonade and you tried it and it was too sweet, what would you do?

What have you accomplished as Minister of Media and Events that you're the most proud of?

The problem with leaving any Ministerial role, is that there is always something left unfinished, or something that I would have liked to continue on with. I would be most proud of getting the Gazette back up and running, and organizing the forum into something that resembles what we lost when the Celestial Union and Humane Republic fell.

Where I say things were most left unfinished that would be role play activities, as when I planned a festival it didn't go as planned - as fate would have it, another region decided that exact week to run a major role play event that left mine in the dust! xD

Though it is also important to give up the chair to someone else eventually, and let them breathe a fresh perspective into the running of a department. Without doing that, things become stale, and people get bored. Especially with a department involved in regional culture and internal activity.

What do you see as the role of the Vice-Delegate? Do you have any particular plans you'd like to make a reality while in the position?If Tubbius is unable to continue being delegate, do you think you'll be able to fill the seat well? Do you think you'll be able to both do region and forums stuff effectively?If someone gave you a lemonade and you tried it and it was too sweet, what would you do?

I'd drink it down to be polite, but not ask for another one. Then discreetly go for some water.

I second.

In light of this impropriety, I have decided to vote against this nomination, and encourage others to do likewise.

Because you never get pissed at me or other people, and create unnecessary drama.

Like accusing me of having malicious intent/hatred against someone when I never did, who was Ark. Someone who I didn't even mind being a citizen.

The first thing you do becoming a citizen is demanding Tubbius be deposed for inactivity, without any evidence beyond not appointing people just a short period into his term.

Then accuse Harmoneia of being a nefarious influence in Lazarus, and having people around her protecting her.

It is your right to vote as you wish Cormac.

But all I have seen here is something out of personal dislike and bias. Not an honest justification against me serving in what is a non-admin position.

I am beyond trying to understand what you want, beyond you want me banned from Lazarus, and removed from positions. Just because I offend you and we butt heads politically.

Roavin wasn't to be demasked indefinitely, and once no evidence presented itself the masking was restored. Provisional limiting is quite different to the absolute ban that you are arguing it was.

If anything, I'll push for the Hostile Entities Act to be ammended. Yet you are arguing I agree with the Act, when I never wrote it and had reservations on it being too broad at the time.

I don't think Lazarene citizens should be banned/removed for participating as a resident in the NPO, unless they are actually citizens. That has to go.

I think also that it should clearly specify that it is just NS only and their offsite property concerned with NS, not what other games they may be part of.

I was doing my job as admin, which meant putting my personal opinions aside, and applying the law that demanded such arbitrary actions from the region in the first place.

Whether the notice given or not to someone, the Hostile Entities Act is flawed, as no one should have required a court or an admin to ban someone right away in 72 hours without trial. That however is what the Act does.

The truth is Cormac, and you can talk to anyone right now in the NPO to confirm this, even Perg himself. The NPO can't be bothered with Lazarus, if anything they are sick of dealing with Lazarus.

Ironically though, according to Francoist doctrine, Lazarus might consider it at war with the NPO, but as native GCR players are in control, their job is done in Lazarus. They got what they wanted. Perg told me that himself.

I talked with him around the Con Con. Guess you would want me in chains for that too. You'll have to lock up at least a third of the region, to keep the paranoid anti-NPO sentiment alive.

We should continue the war and proscription, but not at expense of citizenship rights. On that point I can agree on Lazarus. However the law as written demands the opposite.

I hope to convince you to step back, though if this is how you want things to be between us i.e. a litany of grievances, then I can take flak. I took it from Funk and Lamb, and I can take it from you.

You are welcome to hate me or whatever you wish. I'll still do my job. If that means you hate me as an admin, even NS admins can be hated, and they aren't elected either. I knew that someone would hate me at some point for how I run admin, and it comes with the job.

I'll also say that I don't necessary want to be Delegate, but I can be. When I got drawn back into Lazarus, I was retired mostly from the game. So this is more of a bring Lazarus back to activity thing than personal glory or a power trip. I happily left Loftegen to become Delegate after me, rather than push a second term. Not exactly someone you could call power hungry.

NR was acting well within his remit. He did not overstep the literal bounds of the law and in my opinion he was within their intent, too. The Hostile Entities Act is not too broad and does not need amending; the court, when it is fully constituted, should issue a ruling interpreting the scope of the NPO's proscription. If they conclude that the offsite parts of the NPO are included then Roavin should bear that in mind as he chooses whether to stay here or there.

The NPO's other arms provide the NS branch materiel support and are proud to be a part of the same organisation. He should not be breaking bread with our enemies.

I apologize for my complaints, and I've changed my vote back to Abstain.

I'm changing my vote from Aye to Nay because of how NR has dealt with the recent issue. I've talked to him both publicly and privately about my concerns with what he did and the way he did it; I understand that we all make mistakes and I try not to jump on people just because they made a wrong decision, but I don't think he has recognized his actions as misguided and so I don't feel assured he'll do things differently next time. If a similar situation happens and he reacts the same way, as the representative of Lazarus, it would reflect badly on our region - and for good reason.

I don't mean this as a personal attack so I hope it isn't taken that way. I do applaud and am grateful for all NR has done for the region as Minister of Media and Events.

Which again is attacking me on basis of an admin action, which is a poor argument against me being VD. If I do get voted down, then I'll vigorously support KK, as once I am forced out the CLS, right after Harm was, as he'll be the only one actually able to defend the region.

I think taking a biased view, and assuming that I'd stay in the Delegate chair, rather than nominate someone else, solely on basis of admin action, makes little sense.

You are welcome to your view, but I don't agree. I took the VD up for security reasons, not to be Delegate.

I am sick of being accused of being a would be dictator, without any proof beyond, "he removed a mask for an hour or so", and smearing me over the Con Con.

I've said it others, but I am here for fun If it comes down to a lynch mob, I'll pack up my things the way my friend Kazmr did, and enjoy life outside of NS.

This isn't about me though. This vote was never about me, but rather what I represent. The Old Guard, and apparently the HRL and CU. I guess if my NS career dies for something, at least it would die in defiance of revolutionary lynch mob who want another civil war.

I was never given a real chance to defend myself really, and was attacked for following a law I don't even necessarily like.

A few DM's and GP discord smearing and harrassment campaign is not a chance to defend myself. It is certainly no court either.

Apparently you think otherwise, which shows dark days are ahead. Whether I leave or not, once if and when I am taken down, you'll put your sights on someone else. Terror never ends with just one on the gullotine.

Imaginary;6446 said:
;-;

No, I didn't mean it like that at all.
both

That's what this is. I've never seen such negativity here since the civil war.

Instead of this stream of harrassment and smearing, people could have just asked me to withdraw the nomination.

But you never did. Never asked how I felt.

Never even thought that maybe I am not out for a power trip.

So that's why I am not withdrawing. I want to see this vote through, and if someone who voted for me wants me to resign after I will. But I'll never give into a lynch mob.

If this falls, Killer Kitty should be VD. I couldn't pick a nicer or more decent NSer to take on that role. This whole time, despite whether he thinks I've handed this poorly, I haven't been slammed harshly to the ground like Cormac did to me. That's leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back