Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,714
Nation
Treadwellia
Treaty of the Anti-Pacific Coalition

Preamble

The Anti-Pacific Coalition was formed to stand up against acts of aggression and subversion perpetrated against many regions, user-created and game-created alike, by the New Pacific Order. United in our resolve to continue combating any hostile acts by that regime, we, the signatories of this treaty, commit to collective defense in response to any act of aggression by the New Pacific Order against any other signatory. An attack by the New Pacific Order against one signatory will be considered an attack by the New Pacific Order against all signatories. We stand united and resolute in continued diplomatic opposition to the New Pacific Order, and against any threat that regime may pose to the sovereignty and stability of our regions.

Article I. Diplomatic Provisions

Diplomatic recognition

(1) The signatories recognize each other's legal governments as the legitimate governments of each other's respective regions.

(2) Diplomatic recognition will be applicable to the governments established by the constitutions or similarly binding legal documents in force in each signatory at the time this treaty was enacted, and any legally enacted successor governments.

Diplomatic restrictions

(3) The signatories will not maintain diplomatic, military, or cultural relations of any kind with the Pacific while it is governed by the New Pacific Order or any successor regime sanctioned by the New Pacific Order.

(4) The signatories' World Assembly Delegates will not vote to repeal Security Council Resolution 268: Condemn The Pacific while the Pacific is governed by the New Pacific Order or any successor regime sanctioned by the New Pacific Order.

(5) The signatories' World Assembly Delegates will not vote in favor of offensive measures against each other in the World Assembly Security Council, if such measures are sponsored by the New Pacific Order or any member of the New Pacific Order. Offensive measures include condemnation, involuntary liberation of each other's home regions, or involuntary liberation of third party regions occupied by each other's military forces.

Article II. Military Provisions

Non-aggression and mutual defense

(1) The signatories will not engage in military hostilities against each other's home regions. Participation of the signatories on opposite sides of a military engagement in a third party region will never be interpreted as a violation of this provision.

(2) To the extent practicable, the signatories will provide each other with defensive military assistance in the event of an attack on a signatory's home region by the New Pacific Order or any member of the New Pacific Order, provided such assistance is requested by the signatory's legitimate government.

Additional military cooperation

(3) The signatories may cooperate in executing joint military operations against the New Pacific Order, in the Pacific or in third party regions, when available and as consistent with each signatory's laws and policies.

Article III. Administrative Provisions

My only concern is how much it dictates our foreign policy and military policy.

I'd find it helpful to meet the signatory regions' members to learn more about them. Do we already share any history?

Killer Kitty;6297 said:
Isn't APC already dead?

This isn't really the APC as it was previously constituted. It's being reworked into a treaty of mutual defense between multiple signatories.

You're correct that the APC as it was previously constituted is dead. That's the reason for the treaty. The idea is to acknowledge that it's dead and shift to a more defensive stance, so that all of our regions are well protected from any future NPO aggression, and so that we can continue to keep the NPO diplomatically and militarily isolated. But the idea is not to continue the APC's business as usual, i.e., a war effort that went pretty abysmally. The idea here is just to commit to defending each other and keeping the NPO isolated, which is a much more realistic collective goal.

I'm in full support of the treaty.

The Pharcyde;6296 said:
I'd find it helpful to meet the signatory regions' members to learn more about them. Do we already share any history?

I somehow missed this in my previous scroll through.

All the signatories are regions Lazarus would already have been working with through the APC, as those are the only regions permitted to be invited to be initial signatories of the treaty. This includes Osiris, which is already our close ally. The regions already listed as signatories in the document are the member regions of the Augustin Alliance. Another major APC region that springs to mind is Hartfelden, which is led by Pi (Legalist Zombal). All are regions we should be pretty comfortable with in regard to meeting these treaty obligations, especially since the obligations are only NPO-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back