Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Proposal] The Lazarene World Assembly Program (LWAP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legalist Zombal

Resident Attaché (15%)
Verified
Feather
ƒ1,283
Nation
Marthizer
The Lazarene World Assembly Program (LWAP)

Proposed by: Legalist Zombal
[font=Consolas,]
Additional credit to: Sylven Razedusk, Ham

Preamble

This Program shall work outside of the executive government to increase activity within the World Assembly and to increase the security of the region.

Section 1. The Committee of the Lazarene World Assembly Program
(1) The Committee of the Lazarene World Assembly Program shall be composed of all members of the Council of Lazarene Security

(2) The Committee of the Lazarene World Assembly Program shall choose among themselves a Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program

a. The Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program shall be responsible for the creation of dispatches, regional message board posts, and telegrams to be sent to both world assembly members and non world assembly members as to increase the world assembly population of Lazarus as well as the endorsements of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, as well as the Council of Lazarene Security.
b. [size=small][font=Consolas,]The Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program[/font]
shall be responsible for creating applications, as well as accepting applications, into the Program as to where Citizens of Lazarus will be able to aid the Lazarene World Assembly Program in the duties required of the Secretary.[/font][/size]

[font=Consolas,](3) The Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program shall also appoint a Deputy Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program from the citizenship of Lazarus[/font]

[font=Consolas,]a. The Deputy Secretary shall aid in the organization of the Lazarene World Assembly Program[/font]

I'm not sure this is necessary-could the internal affairs ministry not do this?

I'm super impressed that LZ has put a proposal on this forward. It's chill when people see something they'd like to have happening and are like "how about this?"

That said, I'd like to note that while I did discuss WA programs with LZ I'm personally more inclined towards having a specific ministry (idk if having it under NR or as a separate ministry would work better) for such stuffs.

I'd prefer something that is more open to citizens to join in on, and that could be connected with what the cabinet is up to. I understand that the CLS would be able to bring on a deputy to help, but that has a very different feel from how the current two ministries find people to assist them. Additionally I think it would be beneficial to coordinate things like regional tgs etc with the cabinet.

Anyway, gameside outreach is, in my experience, one of the coolest and most rewarding things one can do in a region and I'd love to help out and offer what knowledge and ideas I have on such things if something like this were created.

"I'd prefer something that is more open to citizens to join in on, and that could be connected with what the cabinet is up to. I understand that the CLS would be able to bring on a deputy to help, but that has a very different feel from how the current two ministries find people to assist them. Additionally I think it would be beneficial to coordinate things like regional tgs etc with the cabinet"

"b. The Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program shall be responsible for creating applications, as well as accepting applications, into the Program as to where Citizens of Lazarus will be able to aid the Lazarene World Assembly Program in the duties required of the Secretary."

Because the people in charge of security would be doing it, plus it would give them more to do... though like I said in the discord I would be fine with creating an edit redefining it as a ministry instead. Though that would also require moving this into a constitutional law/amendment.

Legalist?Zombal;5899 said:
Because the people in charge of security would be doing it, plus it would give them more to do... though like I said in the discord I would be fine with creating an edit redefining it as a ministry instead. Though that would also require moving this into a constitutional law/amendment.

The idea I had with it was that while the CLS would be in charge they also have citizen members and a citizen as the Deputy Secretary. That way citizens themselves would be helping out with it, the main issue I see with that now would be manpower... as well as the requirement for citizens to be part of it. Like I said before, I am ok with editing it into an amendment requiring a WA Ministry instead of a separate program.

Suggestion 1: If you call it a program, and not include committee as a term, it doesn't come close to being a Ministry in constitutional terms, and is more flexible as you can have multiple Ministries, the Assembly, as well as the CLS, helping run it.
Section 1. The Lazarene World Assembly Program
(1) The Lazarene World Assembly Program shall be composed of all members of the Council of Lazarene Security.

(2) The Lazarene World Assembly Program shall choose among themselves a Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program.

[font=Roboto,]Suggestion 2:

[size=small]Suggestion 3:
[size=small](2) [font=Roboto,]The Delegate[/font]

[size=small]Suggestion 4:
[size=small][font=Roboto,]The Vice-Delegate[/font]
all be the Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program.

Suggestion 5:

[font=Roboto,][size=small]a. The Deputy Secretary shall aid in the organization of the Lazarene World Assembly Program

Sorry for super late reply.

I agree the Deputy should be optional, and that the Secretary should be chosen by the delegate instead of by the CLS. I think instead of the CLS we have the delegate appoint the Secretary and then the Secretary can run it with WA citizens who want to join it (Akin to that of ministries and their staff)

I do think Lazarus should have a WA program like this. I'm not really bothered by the particulars of it, the way this is developing looks okay to me.

Thank you Cormac, after I am done with some irl writing I will likely look into a few edits and bring it forward as a proposal soon!

The Lazarene World Assembly Program (LWAP)

Proposed by: Legalist Zombal

Additional credit to: Sylven Razedusk, Ham

Preamble

This Program shall work outside of the executive government to increase activity within the World Assembly and to increase the security of the region.

Section 1. The Committee of the Lazarene World Assembly Program
(1) The Committee of the Lazarene World Assembly Program shall be composed of willing world assembly citizens who have been accepted by the Secretary

a. These citizens must be in the World Assembly
b. These citizens must be approved by the Secretary

(2) The Delegate shall appoint a member of the Committee to be the Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program. This appointment will be subject to a 51%+ approval of the entire Committee

a. The Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program shall be responsible for the creation of dispatches, regional message board posts, and telegrams to be sent to both world assembly members and non world assembly members as to increase the world assembly population of Lazarus as well as the endorsements of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, as well as the Council of Lazarene Security.

(3) The Secretary of the Lazarene World Assembly Program may appoint a Deputy Secretary to the Lazarene World Assembly Program from the citizenship of Lazarus

a. The Deputy Secretary shall aid in the organization of the Lazarene World Assembly Program

(4) At the time of the passage of this law the Committee shall be composed of the Council of Lazarene Security

The edits I am thinking of implementing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back