Not open for further replies.

Old Hope

Verified
Feather
ƒ1,108
Nation
Old Hope
Pursuant to Article 1(7) of the Twelfth Mandate of Lazarus,
and grounded in the lack of ministrial appointments, government activity beyond basic appointments of the Speaker, Vice Delegate, and the Courts, of forum side and game side activity,

I move:

The Assembly of Lazarus hereby removes its Delegate from office.

r02o8SN.jpg

Haven't seen you doing much, Old Hope. Regions don't just build themselves, and you can't completely rely on the Delegate, who is still doing more than almost anyone else here, and is doing the best she can despite her busy RL schedule. I think she's doing a fine job, personally, but the point is it takes more than just her to build Lazarus, so stop complaining about appointments and do something productive somewhere. It takes a village, etc.

Cormac;2758 said:
Haven't seen you doing much, Old Hope. Regions don't just build themselves, and you can't completely rely on the Delegate, who is still doing more than almost anyone else here, and is doing the best she can despite her busy RL schedule. I think she's doing a fine job, personally, but the point is it takes more than just her to build Lazarus, so stop complaining about appointments and do something productive somewhere. It takes a village, etc.

You are right that regions don't build themselves.
You are right that you can't completely rely on the delegate.
Yet it is only the delegate, who can appoint ministers.
Yet without ministers and without the delegate doing ministrial work we simply have no one who has the power to organize official events, recruit... You need to start somewhere, and the delegate should appoint ministers who do that job.
A delegate with a busy schedule that prevents them from appointing ministers, a delegate who posts weekly in the forums and in the RMB...
As for why I don't do anything - it is really inconvenient to do any event without any minister or someone else who oversees or manages these events, it is really inconvenient to make RP's if there is no one(except admins and a not so active delegate) with mod powers to stop bad RP...
Recruiting needs delegate powers(or stamps but I am not investing stamps).
the list could go on. The absence of ministers is a massive inconvenience to starting and keeping activity.
We do not have a council of Lazarene Security either, and the delegate is inactive. Not the best thing for regional security either.
In some things I simply lack the experience to organize things myself, such as RP. It is the job of the delegate to find capable people for that. A job they have failed in.
A longer-term busy RL schedule is an excellent reason for normal citizens why they are not as active. It is only acceptable as a reason for resignation if it is the head of the executive. And especially when there is low activity you need an active delegate who fights that inactivity and capable ministers even more. We are right now at more than 40 days, roughly, into the delegacy and we still have no ministers!

In response I'd like to apologise for the delay in cabinet and other further appointments, it is something that I'll admit is overdue at this point and have been planning to post another announcement since last week. Unfortunately things offline have been unforeseeably busy for me with things at work being so manic I've occasionally been working up to 13 hour shifts of a very physically intense labour job. I'm very sorry for the delay and will be posting more appointments very soon. Unfortunately writing formal things does not come naturally to me so after an exhausting day I have been completely unable to find the energy and mental power to get online and write the updates the region deserves. I hope this is just a temporary issue and my RL should settle back to normal and allow me the freedom to focus on Lazarus fully again very soon. I say this not as an excuse but an explanation. Again, I am very sorry for this delay and more appointments will be forthcoming but if the region wishes me to step down because of this, so be it.

No Imki, you're doing a great job and Old Hope should know better than to pull this crap. We all know you've been busy IRL and we appreciate all the work you've been putting into Lazarus despite that. *hugs*

As current Vice Delegate and as someone who's dealt extensively with representative work for the college where I serve as an instructor, I have to agree that the process of getting things done can often take considerably longer than people might like and that there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes as well as upstairs in the heads of those who are in positions of authority or are even in positions of reporting to authority, as I and my colleagues were in when serving on Faculty Senate for three years. In those three years, sometimes even I felt that procedures and discussions moved slowly, but I knew and trusted that circumstances would be resolved, and, indeed, they were in the long run.

While I do understand the frustrations being expressed regarding various ministerial representatives, do remember that there are methods of communication with both your Delegate and Vice Delegate. Submit to either or both of us your ideas and concerns through polite Telegrams in NationStates, Direct Messages in Discord, or Private Messages on this very forum. Going from a state of feeling supported and accepted to seeing calls for resignation without seemingly prior warning leaves representatives feeling confused and peers feeling divided.

Lazarus does not need division. At this point, yes, Lazarus does need ministers who can serve the people on behalf of the government; to that, I will agree. Imki, I, and the Court Representatives cannot do things alone. Communicate with us, giving insight into what can be done or can be suggested, and work with us to create the best possible Lazarus that there can be.

In short, I oppose the concept of removing Imki from the office of Delegate at this time, and I encourage all in the region to keep communication channels open and positive with Imki and me in both the near and extended futures.

= = = = =

EDIT TO ADD: I am currently online, as the green dot to the left signifies. Though I am grading discussion boards and journal postings at this time, I will gladly leave this window up so that I can view further communications and posts on here.

This is not needed. We are barely even getting started, now you desire to oust a competent Delegate? Certainly she has delayed, but with good reason, and despite her workplace limitations, she has nominated a Vice Delegate, a Chair, and a Court. When you have to work 13-hour shifts (wow, now that is a hard worker) and also have to be the leader of a region, inefficiencies may present themselves, but if they are temporary, we should not throw a capable Delegate into the garbage pile so quickly.

Imkihca;2768 said:
Unfortunately writing formal things does not come naturally to me so after an exhausting day I have been completely unable to find the energy and mental power to get online and write the updates the region deserves. I hope this is just a temporary issue and my RL should settle back to normal and allow me the freedom to focus on Lazarus fully again very soon. I say this not as an excuse but an explanation. Again, I am very sorry for this delay and more appointments will be forthcoming but if the region wishes me to step down because of this, so be it.
If this is the case, are there ways that the citizenry can help take some of the weight off your shoulders?

Milograd;2946 said:
Imkihca;2768 said:
Unfortunately writing formal things does not come naturally to me so after an exhausting day I have been completely unable to find the energy and mental power to get online and write the updates the region deserves. I hope this is just a temporary issue and my RL should settle back to normal and allow me the freedom to focus on Lazarus fully again very soon. I say this not as an excuse but an explanation. Again, I am very sorry for this delay and more appointments will be forthcoming but if the region wishes me to step down because of this, so be it.

I appreciate the offer but I feel some things just have to come from me personally, I wouldn't feel right getting someone else to write, for example, the appointment nominations for me as they're my

Mandate 12 puts an excessively high super-majority for Delegate removal anyways, and I doubt it would ever be realistically able to remove the delegate. Nor does it make a procedure for Delegate-succession, potentially sparking a Constitutional Crisis. So, it probably isn't going to happen given the issues with the present governmental structure.

That said, opposed. Imki's doing a fine job.

Uh, it rather does make a note of the line for delegate succession (clauses 8 & 9 of Article II), and the next in line would be Treadwellia (as Vice-Delegate). Of course, still opposed to any removal, but thought I'd mention that.

TempestShadow;3068 said:
Uh, it rather does make a note of the line for delegate succession (clauses 8 & 9 of Article II), and the next in line would be Treadwellia (as Vice-Delegate). Of course, still opposed to any removal, but thought I'd mention that.

Missed that. Nice catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back