The Movie Theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milograd

Resident Attaché (15%)
Verified
Feather
ƒ0
[size=xx-small][tl;dr Post a movie or TV show that you like. If it's promising, the movie theater will create a thread about your movie.

There will be a Feather currency incentive for people to watch and discuss screenings from this theater, along with signature images and periodic rewards.]
[img=349x141]

[font=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]AS YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET,[/font] paying utmost attention to all pedestrians and crosswalk signals, you notice a building that looks as though it's recently been undergone major renovations. It appears to be a brand new movie theater. But as you examine the storefront logo, something seems eerily familiar. And it's a bit uncomfortable. You find yourself lost in thought for a moment, and fail to notice that you've walked directly into the path of a young woman pushing a stroller. It appears to be full of grain. You are somehow undeterred by this weirdness and call for her attention. "????????, ??????????! Is there anything you can tell me about this movie theater?"

But the woman and her grainchild pass you by, with a noticeably hastened pace.

That was strange.

You play NationStates, however, so you're most likely quite strange yourself. Thus, you continue forward, daring to approach the ticket booth in pursuit of further information.

"Hello! This is my first time walking the Hutong. Can you tell me about this movie theater? I'm wondering what inspired the logo. It reminds me of something ... but I can't put my thumb on it."

The booth operator nods with a smile. "Oh, you recognize the logo? You must be from Arizona !"

"No, that can't be right. I'm from Wales. But I've surely seen this logo."

The ticket booth operator cheerfully brandishes a knife. "Are you certain? Because there is no other place except Phoenix, Arizona, where you could have ever seen this harmless bird logo."

Upon further reflection, you come to your senses, realizing that you actually grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. "That's right!" you exclaim. "I am
Movie or TV Show:
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?:
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?:

If this is your first time at this ticket booth, please make a note of it to the attendant.

[font=Georgia,serif]THE BULLETIN BOARD [/font][/align]

[ESTABLISHMENT RULES]
  1. Please limit your recommendations ("tickets") to two per week.
  2. If your submission contains NSFW content, please provide the Booth Attendant with a warning before he screens it.
[LOCALLY-IMPOSED RULES]
  1. You are encouraged to translate the theater's name into English, but are forbidden from providing the English translation anywhere while in the Hutong. Violations of this rule will be vandalized by local gangsters.
[PROMOTIONS]
  1. If you're actually in Arizona IRL, PM the Booth Attendant while you're there for a one-of-a-kind reward.
  2. The Shopkeeper is fond of easter eggs. If you think you've noticed one anywhere in this thread, PM the Booth Attendant.

But I was born and live in Phoenix Arizona..... I'm even a Christian gunnut too....

Movie or TV Show: Equilibrium
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?: 9, I have to say it's the most uplifting film in it's genre and it's the first time that I think Christian Bale was over to really sink into a role. Critics say it rips off the genre, I say it's a homage, a film of fans to pay respects to what they love.
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?: It's a movie.

It is my first time.

Prole Confederation;2530 said:
But I was born and live in Phoenix Arizona..... I'm even a Christian gunnut too....

Movie or TV Show: Equilibrium
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?: 9, I have to say it's the most uplifting film in it's genre and it's the first time that I think Christian Bale was over to really sink into a role. Critics say it rips off the genre, I say it's a homage, a film of fans to pay respects to what they love.
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?: It's a movie.

It is my first time.

Movie or TV Show: Gattaca
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?: 8
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?:

Movie or TV Show: Hunter x Hunter
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?: 10
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?: 4-5

If this is your first time at this ticket booth, please make a note of it to the attendant.

Movie or TV Show: The Prisoner (1967 British television spy series starring Patrick McGoohan).
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?: 10 if you enjoy science-fiction/action heavy political commentary that is wonderfully head-trippy as only the British can do it.
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?RecommendationMovie or TV Show: Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future (1987 American science-fiction/action/toy tie-in television series).
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?Possible epilepsy awareness warning, herePokemon level of triggers, and the flashes are definitely not even close to the level of strobes seen in clubs or on other shows.
Recommendation

Movie or TV Show: Archer(The animated TV show from... fxx?)
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?: 7.5
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?: For me it was right from the pilot but I could see it taking around 3-4 episodes for people that really want story or something along those lines

This is my first time! :p

NOTE: NSFW! Almost forgot

Thank you Legalist Zombal and Treadwellia. The Booth Attendant has given both of you ƒ50 reward vouchers for making your first visit.

Applications will remain eligible for the ƒ420 reward for a bit longer, and then the Booth Attendant will decide the premier feature.

Ryccia has suggested Star Wars.

Lacking any additional details, the Booth Attendant will decide which Star Wars movie to screen, should Star Wars prevail.

The Booth Attendant

Movie or TV Show: Donnie Darko

I'd give it an 8.

NSFW

A disturbingly high amount of the movies I've watched recently are Eastern European comedy dramas from the 1980s or 1990s and most others are either indie films or classic films that weren't B-movies but aren't well-known today, so the types of movies I would recommend are very obscure and thus probably not that easy to find - just a heads-up. This is my first time at the ticket booth.

Movie or TV Show: Everything is Illuminated
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?: 10
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?: N/A

This is simultaneously one of the funniest and most moving movies I have ever seen.

It doesn't contain NSFW content in the beginning, and there's no sexual content, but there are some violent scenes, especially towards the end.

Movie or TV Show: Captain Fantastic
On a scale of one to ten, how highly would you recommend this film/TV-Show?: 8.5
If it's a TV Show, how many episodes are needed for someone to "get into it" or decide if they like it?: N/A

Some profanity and nudity - while it isn't presented in a sexual way and isn't the focus of the shot, said shots are still NSFW.

Atlantica's suggestion of "Everything is Illuminated" wins the movie contest. "Everything is Illuminated" will be the first ever movie screened on the Hutong.

Legalist Zombal's suggestion of "Archer" wins the TV contest. More information will be posted in the future.

Congrats to those who suggested our first screenings! The suggestions that you have already made will remain in consideration for future screenings.

The Booth Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back