Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Discussion] Criminal Code Act (September 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legalist Zombal;2866 said:
speaking against the chairman

What about plagiarism? For like RP or something.

I'm not sure about including RP in the criminal code. Perhaps it can go in a separate RP code.

treadwellia;2867 said:
What is "Doxing?" I'm unfamiliar with the term, myself.

I have it down listed as:

Amerion said:
I have it down listed as:

Any person who searches for and publishes private or identifying information about a NationStates Player's real-life, shall be guilty of an offence.

That's pretty heavy stuff. Yeah. I'd say that's a definite issue, there. If someone shares some manner of personal information in public and doesn't mind its being known (for example, I'm epileptic and would rather folks know that than mistakenly post gif images that might set me off!), that's one thing. Private, personal stuff that shouldn't and doesn't need to be published around? No dice.

Last edited by a moderator:
treadwellia said:
Roavin said:
Contempt of Court, Identity Fraud, Blackmail, Vexatious Charges

What would you mean by "Vexatious Charges?" Can you go further on this or give an example?

Quoting TSP law:
(9) Vexatious Charges shall be defined as the filing of criminal charges against another player despite the filing party's knowledge that that said charges were meritless, frivolous, repetitive, and/or burdensome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harassment, Defamation/Slander, Voter Fraud

Roavin;2873 said:
treadwellia;2871 said:
Roavin;2869 said:
Contempt of Court, Identity Fraud, Blackmail, Vexatious Charges

Quoting TSP law:

As we have yet to identify how and by whom charges are filled, I will have it written down as 'Vexatious proceedings'.

Constie;2874 said:
Harassment, Defamation/Slander, Voter Fraud

Harassment and defamation shall be added.

How would you define voter fraud?

Amerion;2877 said:
TempestShadow;2875 said:
Harassment & Doxxing both sound to me more something appropriate in an OOC rules set than the IC government one

Doxxing sounds like something that can easily have an impact on someone's real life, non-NationStates situation as well as on the game state of Lazarus and its inhabitants. Codifying it as a potential criminal offense in terms of Lazarus (possibly with varying levels of judicial application) might (or might not, depending on the ability of players to respect the needs and wishes of others?) be required to keep folks safe and information disseminated properly, if at all.

Just my thoughts.

I believe what Amerion was more saying, and what I agree with, is putting offences such as doxxing into the hands of the admin team/regional administrators rather than criminal courts. Or at least, putting them in the hands of the admins to begin with, so as to separate OOC & IC offenses.

This is what I have written so far.

Is there any suggestions on how to expand on it?

LEGAL CODE

(1) Blackmail

Any person who intimidates a person with the intent of causing gain for himself or loss to another, shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) Bribery

Any person who:
(a) offers, provides, or agrees to provide a benefit of any kind with the intention of influencing a person in the exercise of that person's duties; or
(b) asks, receives, or agrees to receive a benefit of any kind with the intention that the exercise of that person's duties will be influenced;
shall be guilty of an offence.

(3) Conspiracy

Any person who engages in conduct and does so for the intention of preparing or planning to commit an offence, shall be guilty of an offence.

(4) Contempt of Court

Any person who:
(a) intimidates or insults a person in a sitting of the Court;
(b) intentionally interrupts the proceedings of the Court; or
(c) disobeys a direction of the Court;

(5) Defamation

Any person who communicates to a third party information concerning a person, with the intention of causing harm to that person, shall be guilty of an offence.

(6) Espionage

Any person who has access to information contained in a restricted area and communicates, in part or in whole, that information to a person who, or an entity which does not have access to the restricted area, shall be guilty of an offence.

(7) Foreign interference

Any person who:
(a) engages in conduct on behalf of, or in collaboration with, a foreign entity; and
(b) whose conduct influences the processes of the Government;

(8) Fraud

Any person who, by dishonesty or deception, obtains an advantage or causes disadvantage to a person, shall be guilty of an offence.

(9) Sabotage

Any person who engages in conduct with the intention of interfering, destroying, or rendering unserviceable a public infrastructure, shall be guilty of an offence.

(10) Treason

Any person who:
(a) engages in conduct with the intention of illegally removing or altering:
(i) the Mandate;
(ii) the Government; or
(iii) the Delegate;
(b) levies war, or does any act preparatory to levying war, against Lazarus;

(11) Unlawful disclosure

Any person who:
(a) conceals current or previous affiliations extending to no less than 12 months prior in a public declaration;
(b) conceals current or previous aliases extending to no less than 12 months prior in a public declaration; or
(c) engages in conduct with the intention of attaining multiple accounts in a public infrastructure;

(12) Vexatious proceedings

Any person who:
(a) instigates or pursues judicial proceedings without reasonable ground; or
(b) engages in conduct which is an abuse of judicial proceedings;

EDIT:

Things left to complete:
  • Definitions on:
    • Duties
    • Entity
    • Foreign entity