Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Proposal Proposal: Assembly Speaker consolidation amendment

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Rogernomics

Councilor (75%)
Staff member
Herald
Epistates
Proedroi
Epilektoi (CLS)
Citizen
Lazarene
Verified
Feather
ƒ4,801
Litten
Charmander
Assembly Speaker consolidation amendment

Proposed by: @New Rogernomics

Preamble

This shall amend the mandate to consolidate the Assembly Speaker position as an additional duty of the Delegate or Vice Delegate, while retaining the ability to appoint an Assembly Speaker.

Section 1. Article I

(1) Article I Assembly of Lazarus, subsection 6, shall be amended to include:

(6) The Assembly may remove the Assembly Speaker appointed by the Delegate, the Prime Minister, a Cabinet Minister, a Court Justice, a Councillor of Lazarene Security, regional representative, or any other government official established by law or policy from office, by two-thirds vote.

Section 2. Article I, Speaker of the Assembly

(1) Article I, Speaker of the Assembly shall be amended to read:

Speaker of the Assembly

(11) The Delegate will may appoint an Assembly Speaker to preside over the Assembly according to its procedural rules. Appointment of the Assembly Speaker will be subject to confirmation by 50%+1 vote of the Assembly.

(12) The Delegate may act themselves as the Assembly Speaker or appoint the Vice Delegate to the position of Assembly Speaker. Restrictions of what positions may be held by the Assembly Speaker shall not apply to the Delegate or Vice Delegate.

(13)
In the absence of procedural rules to settle a procedural matter in the Assembly, the Assembly Speaker may establish such rules. Procedural rules established by the Assembly Speaker will always be subordinate to the laws of Lazarus and procedural rules established by the Assembly.

(14) The Assembly Speaker will serve until resignation, removal from office by the Assembly or Delegate, or automatic removal from office. The Assembly Speaker may not serve or stand for an election for any other office but Councillor on the Council on Lazarene Security, or Deputy Minister.

(15) The Assembly may provide for the appointment and removal of deputies to the Assembly Speaker by law or through its procedural rules.

Section 3. Article II, Delegate of Lazarus

(2) Section 3. Article II, Delegate of Lazarus, Establishment of the office of Delegate, shall be amended to include:

(2) The Delegate may not serve in any other office while serving as Delegate, except Assembly Speaker. that The Delegate will be suspended from the Council of Lazarene Security if they are already a Councillor, but will automatically resume membership on the Council after their term as Delegate.

Last edited:
Looks good to me, although why would we want the Delegate or Vice Delegate to have the power to appoint the speaker of this assembly?

Looks good to me, although why would we want the Delegate or Vice Delegate to have the power to appoint the speaker of this assembly?
That was to clarify that in instances where the Delegate is not the acting/defacto Assembly Speaker, that the Assembly Speaker can be removed. So for example the Vice Delegate can be removed from the Assembly Speaker position by the Assembly.

Oherwise it would contradict 12.

The Delegate currently appoints the Assembly Speaker, and then the Assembly votes upon them. So no change there.

I motion this to vote.

Any seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back