Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Proposal Amendment of the Charter of the Lazarene Regional Guard (May 2024)

• Thread starter Thread starter Domais
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domais

The Domster!
Strategos (LazGuard Commander)
Citizen
Lazarene
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,900
Having reread the Charter as it was amended, I feel like there are some irreconcilable inconsistencies in the recently passed law. And, requires another amendment. Particularly, it says in one section that the region is neutral while in another it says it is independent.

Also, I feel that adding a section to this part of the law that grants the Executive Council the power to enact resolutions enabling the Guard to invade a region that is an ally or protectorate of a region we are at war with is unnecessary. The Executive Council can already pass resolutions authorizing operations in any region, per the previous amendment.

Amendment of the Charter of the Lazarene Regional Guard (May 2024)

Proposed by: @Domais​

Section 1. Amendment to Section 2 of the Charter of the Lazarene Regional Guard

(1) The title of Section 2 of the Charter of the Lazarene Regional Guard, currently reading "Establishment of Military Neutrality," shall be amended to read "Establishment of Independent Alignment."

(2) Section 2 of the Charter of the Lazarene Regional Guard shall be amended to read:

(1) The regional military alignment of Lazarus will be neutral independent. Lazarus will bear the Neutral tag at all times.

(2) Lazarus may not bear any of the following tags: Defender, Imperialist, Independent, or Invader.

(3) The Assembly may enact a resolution empowering the Regional Guard to invade a region that is the ally or protectorate of a region upon which Lazarus has declared war. Such a resolution may be approved or rescinded by two-thirds vote of the Assembly.

Last edited:
I disagree with removing the tag section entirely, as that would allow defender, invader, and raider tags, implying that we are going to adopt a Raider, Defender, Invader, and Imperialist alignment in the future, rather than an Independent one. Also bearing the neutral tag implies we aren't siding with Raiders or Defenders. So there is no contradiction there, as Lazarus can be functionally independent and neutral in terms of siding on R/D.

This would make more sense:
(1) The regional military alignment of Lazarus will be Independent.

(2) Lazarus may not bear any of the following tags: Defender, Imperialist, or Invader.

Just remove the tag from the same line as (1) and it makes more sense, as it is not confusing anything then.

Last edited:
I disagree with removing the tag section entirely, as that would allow defender, invader, and raider tags, implying that we are going to adopt a Raider, Defender, Invader, and Imperialist alignment in the future, rather than an Independent one. Also bearing the neutral tag implies we aren't siding with Raiders or Defenders. So there is no contradiction there, as Lazarus can be functionally independent and neutral in terms of siding on R/D.

This would make more sense:
(1) The regional military alignment of Lazarus will be Independent.

(2) Lazarus may not bear any of the following tags: Defender, Imperialist, or Invader.

Just remove the tag from the same line as (1) and it makes more sense, as it is not confusing anything then.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have implemented it in the draft.

Last edited:
I motion to vote

I second the motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back