Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Discussion Recall: Domais as Prime Minister

It seems to me that there is a great deal of history preceding this which I, and I presume most other Lazarene citizens, were unaware of previously. It'd certainly be helpful if this history could be clearly elaborated upon.

It does seem strange, however, to see the Prime Minister make what I cannot help but interpret as a threat to release private messages, especially when it is worded in a way that seems to imply a campaign to undermine Clorinda/Manson's standing in the region should the latter bing forth relevant evidence. That is remarkable, and something that makes me less confident than anything.

It seems to me that there is a great deal of history preceding this which I, and I presume most other Lazarene citizens, were unaware of previously. It'd certainly be helpful if this history could be clearly elaborated upon.

It does seem strange, however, to see the Prime Minister make what I cannot help but interpret as a threat to release private messages, especially when it is worded in a way that seems to imply a campaign to undermine Clorinda/Manson's standing in the region should the latter bing forth relevant evidence. That is remarkable, and something that makes me less confident than anything.
No, I was not threatening anything. I specifically said I was not going to leak DMs. Sorry if I miss worded it to sound like a threat. I just wanted it for the record that there are conversations that if taken out of context make me look bad or make him look bad.

I can't really comment on what goes on between Domais and Manson in DMs and any discussions they had over plans there. I will say I wouldn't blame him for any of the issues that may exist currently in my Department. Could there be more direction or support, that's probably true for any PM but I don't think that's really the main issue. It's more of a collective us (the region) issue.

Tubbius and I had hoped the DM's would not be brought into the open, but now that they have, we were aware of this situation.

We had to take it seriously at the time we heard of this, as even something said in jest/ironically, can be said still with intent to carry something out against someone.

If it became a pattern of behavior, it would have been more serious, but using JL to hypothetically get them to post a recall thread, wasn't going to really work, even assuming that was ever going to be carried out.

The sort of scenario discussed in DMs shouldn't have been joked about, if that was the intent, as it was highly inappropriate from the point of view of using someone to do something politically, and in terms of using someone to topple the Delegate.

Is it though? I mean there's no indication of that in the image.
I said it because I was getting frustrated by the lack of endotarting on Tubbs part. Before that part of the conversation, we were discussing how I wanted Lazarus to have the most endorsements on the Delegate, and how we thought nothing was going to change until there was a change in Delegate. The JL comment was a joke. It was only made because I thought I could trust Manson. Apparently, I was wrong.

I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. Let's backtrack? You, trust me? Come on.

I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. Let's backtrack? You, trust me? Come on.
I myself don't think it was a good joke (I agree with what NR said, largely). However, is making a joke really sufficient grounds for a recall now? If it is, I am extremely disappointed in Lazarus.

Yes. I trusted you at the very least to not go around leaking private conversations to other people.

Yes. I trusted you at the very least to not go around leaking private conversations to other people.
NR is the head of our security apparatus.

I myself don't think it was a good joke (I agree with what NR said, largely). However, is making a joke really sufficient grounds for a recall now? If it is, I am extremely disappointed in Lazarus.
Legally, someone can be recalled for any reason or none. I think this was an argument about job performance before the DMs were posted.

Legally, someone can be recalled for any reason or none. I think this was an argument about job performance before the DMs were posted.
I mean sure, but I'm extremely disappointed that "making an unfunny joke but one that we could have forgotten about in 5 minutes" is grounds for a recall motion.

I'm surprised to say this, but Constie makes a valid point.

Pulling this due to the PM's resignation. Even if he decides to pull his resignation before he's unmasked consider this to be me taking it back.

I agree with CoS and JL, however I feel obliged to ask what is directly above what appears to be a very deliberately made crop in the screenshot. If DM logs are going to be produced, it's better that everything is shown in the name of transparency

Back