Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Renaissance Accords with TRR

So, no one told TRR that we were done discussing with this.

First of all, I'm willing to accept some blame on my part. TRR presented this to their legislature/citizenry on July 2nd. It took me a little longer to get this up on our side, 4 days later, on July 6.

That being said, it has nearly been 2 weeks since initially presented. Other than some formatting concerns, it does not look like there were any major concerns brought up in the first week that the treaty was presented.

I definitely understand the frustration that can come from this process, since it requires mutual cooperation between regions, and the stakes can be pretty high if one region falls through. If the only concerns are formatting changes, then I would say that is something we absolutely can do, since it in no way affects the interpretation of the text at all.

If there are any more urgent/pressing concerns, then please let me know so we can address them, but it seems like most of the region is in consensus that this is at least a good first step. I have made the above formatting changes, and I motion to vote.

Yeah kinda odd to pass this in such a rush, but moe moe this is definitely not your fault. 4 days is not exactly that slow of a turnaround

Seeing as no one here seems to have a problem with the text; however, I support this legislation

I second the motion to vote.

Reactions: moe
I second the motion to vote and will bring this to vote in about 8 minutes once the Cards against NationStates in TSP is finished.

A name that does a lot of heavy lifting for a mere NAP.

:p

I think having some kind of name was better than just naming it Non-Aggression Pact between X and Y, but I will say that this was proposed from TRR, and I didn't spend a ton of time analyzing the name. I believe it is supposed to imply a renaissance of relations between our regions, since we had a prior treaty that ended up repealed.

Back