Verified
Feather
ƒ1,249
Nation
moezarus
Region
Lazarus
Shareholders:

I am happy to present the Renaissance Accords with TRR, we both have spent the past month discussing this language and our relationship, and we're happy to cement it into a formal document. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Renaissance Accords said:
The Renaissance Accords

The governments of The Rejected Realms and Lazarus, hereafter jointly referred to as "the signatories",

Recognizing the extensive history of cooperation and friendship that has existed between our regions,

Noting the circumstances which led to the fall of previous treaties and pacts,

However believing that past instability is no longer a concern and closer relations are once again a viable aim,

Hereby agree as follows::

Article 1 - Diplomatic Recognition

1. The signatories recognize the constitutional governments legally established under the Constitution of The Rejected Realms and the Twelfth Mandate of Lazarus, and any successors established according to each region's domestic legal standards, as the sole legitimate governments of their respective home regions, respectively.

2. The signatories respect the right of these legitimate governments to govern their respective home regions.

Article 2 - Non-Aggression

1. The signatories will not invade each others' home region, nor participate in any action with the intent to overthrow the other's legitimate government as recognized in these accords.

2. The signatories will not in any way, direct or indirect, initiate or participate in espionage, subterfuge, or other clandestine operations against each other.

3. Military operations where the signatories are involved in opposite sides shall not, in and of themselves, be automatically construed as acts of hostility or aggression on either signatory.

Article 3 - Communication

1. Should a security-related contingency arise in either signatory region, the signatories will notify each other about the threat.

2. Should a security-related contingency arise in another feeder or sinker, or a mutual ally, the signatories will notify each other about their respective positions on the matter.

Article 4 - Cultural Cooperation

1. The signatories shall endeavor to conduct communal cultural activities, to the benefit of members of both regions.

Article 5 - Final Provisions

1. These accords will come into effect upon its ratification by the duly authorized individuals or bodies of both signatory regions.

2. Either signatory may terminate these accords with a public notice to the other signatory, effective after seven days.

Last edited:
No problems with this.

Reactions: moe
Given their rather extreme attitude in the recent WA commendation vote with Imki, I'd be more hesitant for us to have more than this.

We would be hard-pressed to get more than this in the current political climate anyway.

The Renaissance Accords

The governments of The Rejected Realms and Lazarus, hereafter jointly referred to as "the signatories",

Recognizing the extensive history of cooperation and friendship that has existed between our regions,

Noting the circumstances which led to the fall of previous treaties and pacts,

However believing that past instability is no longer a concern and closer relations are once again a viable aim,

Hereby agree as follows::

Article 1 - Diplomatic Recognition

1. The signatories recognize the constitutional governments legally established under the Constitution of The Rejected Realms and the Twelfth Mandate of Lazarus, and any successors established according to each region's domestic legal standards, as the sole legitimate governments of their respective home regions, respectively.

2. The signatories respect the right of these legitimate governments to govern their respective home regions.

Article 2 - Non-Aggression

1. The signatories will not invade each others' home region, nor participate in any action with the intent to overthrow the other's legitimate government as recognized in these accords.

2. The signatories will not in any way, direct or indirect, initiate or participate in espionage, subterfuge, or other clandestine operations against each other.

3. Military operations where the signatories are involved in opposite sides shall not, in and of themselves, be automatically construed as acts of hostility or aggression on either signatory.

Article 3 - Communication

1. Should a security-related contingency arise in either signatory region, the signatories will notify each other about the threat.

2. Should a security-related contingency arise in another feeder or sinker, or a mutual ally, the signatories will notify each other about their respective positions on the matter.

Article 4 - Cultural Cooperation

1. The signatories shall endeavor to conduct communal cultural activities, to the benefit of members of both regions.

Article 5 - Final Provisions

1. These accords will come into effect upon its ratification by the duly authorized individuals or bodies of both signatory regions.

2. Either signatory may terminate these accords with a public notice to the other signatory, effective after seven days.

^Could do with some formatting like above.

I support Rogernomics' amendment to this proposal. Any qualms or anyone not in support of this amendment?

If TRR and Lazarus both require a vote to repeal a treaty, why does article 5.2 require a 7 day period for the termination to take effect? The language isn't a good fit for our systems.

Last edited:
If TRR and Lazarus both require a vote to repeal a treaty, why does article 5.2 require a 7 day period for the termination to take effect? The language isn't a good fit for our systems.
Hm, interesting comment. I do see some similar language in the APC treaty, and our treaty with the west pacific. Perhaps it's to give the other region enough time to inform their citizenry and repeal the treaty on their side?

What do you propose we change the wording to?

The formatting should be cleaned up so that the titles and sections are in bold. Past treaties and legislation all have used bold for that part.

Otherwise, that's the only objection to be made beyond proposed amendments.

Last edited:
Hm, interesting comment. I do see some similar language in the APC treaty, and our treaty with the west pacific. Perhaps it's to give the other region enough time to inform their citizenry and repeal the treaty on their side?
I figure it is that, but it also gives time for any co-operation to wind down.

Hi all, I wanted to give a brief update. This has been fully passed and ratified by TRR on their end. At this stage, I think it will be very difficult to make any changes to the treatied text. I know there are some concerns about a clause or two, or formatting issues, but I would greatly prefer to ratify this now, and then perhaps propose an amendment to clean up those areas later. If anyone has any major, major concerns or red flags, please feel free to step up, but otherwise I motion this to go to vote.

The speaker also has the power to make changes with formatting as well, is that correct? If so I support this as-is for now

The speaker also has the power to make changes with formatting as well, is that correct? If so I support this as-is for now
If it wants to go to vote un-bolded it can go to vote now. Though all the other treaties are bolded.

Just would look less professional compared to the other ones.

Either way, Moe would still need to motion this to vote.

So does the speaker have powers to make formatting changes? That's what I was asking
No, which is why formatting changes have to be made before a motion to vote.

Who told TRR that we were done discussing this? I don't appreciate being handicapped in this discussion because the region that wanted the treaty has already passed text that we haven't fully agreed to.

Back