Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Archived/Tabled Are citizens admitted by an unconfirmed granting official valid?

This has been archived or tabled.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankender

Recalcitrant
Verified
Feather
ƒ1,906
Pikachu
Nation
Frankender
Region
Lazarus
These citizens were admitted by Domais, who was not confirmed as a granting official. Therefore, these citizenship applications should be null:

Furthermore, these applications were denied:

Are these approvals/denials valid?

Therefore, should granting officials wait to be confirmed before "recommending" applications?

These citizens were admitted by Domais, who was not confirmed as a granting official. Therefore, these citizenship applications should be null:

Furthermore, these applications were denied:

Are these approvals/denials valid?

Therefore, should granting officials wait to be confirmed before "recommending" applications?
"(5) Appointed government officials who are subject to confirmation by the Assembly may serve on a provisional basis unless and until their confirmations are rejected by the Assembly."

Therefore, the recommendations are valid on a provisional basis still have full merit in the law otherwise there is no point in serving on a provisional basis.

Certainly. Then I frame the question to the court as follows:

Do nominated ministers have full power over their jurisdiction (once nominated) until the confirmation vote has been completed, thereafter the enumerated powers are only valid if confirmed?

Certainly. Then I frame the question to the court as follows:

Do nominated ministers have full power over their jurisdiction (once nominated) until the confirmation vote has been completed, thereafter the enumerated powers are only valid if confirmed?
Your point is mute according to section 1.6 of the Citizenship Act: "(6) In the absence of a Granting Official, the Delegate may approve or reject citizenship applications."

My question below still stands, and it is relevant to not just the granting official, but all ministers:

@the judiciary, let me know if I need to make a new thread for the above, or if I can simply edit my original post

Pretty sure this would be covered by the ruiling a little while back, where it was made clear in absence of a Granting Official, the Delegate could admit citizens without them (and final approval is up to the Delegate anyway): https://nslazarus.com/forum/index.php?threads/3098/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back