[Question] Any person language.

Feather
ƒ2,136
Nation
Domais
Region
Lazarus
First off I would like to state that I know the court is sort a member so if they cannot come to a decision on this question I am fine with them deferring to a latter date. I just ask that they inform me about that.

The criminal code uses "Any person" when defining crimes, so does this language include people who are non-residents of Lazarus at the time the crime was committed, and therefore not under the jurisdiction Lazarus? That is to say, can non-residents be charged with crimes in Lazarus?

Thanks,
-Dom.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Rogernomics

Celestial
Staff member
Feather
ƒ4,149
Charmander
Nation
New Rogernomics
Region
Lazarus
There is no way to make a ruling/decide to take up a ruling on a constitutional matter till at least two justices are appointed and confirmed. When the vote closes I am sure they'll be able to see this.

As mentioned in the mandate:
(4) The Court has the power, upon being petitioned by a citizen, to strike down any general law, treaty, or policy. in whole or in part, and restrain any government action, by two-thirds vote, if such violates this Mandate or any constitutional law.

(5) The Court may, upon being petitioned by a citizen, reconcile contradictions within and between this Mandate and constitutional laws, as well as contradictions within and between general laws, by two-thirds vote, maintaining minimal disruption to the intended purposes of the contradictory provisions.

Last edited: