Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the forums of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features

Username:   Password:
Image hosting by Photobucket
  • Pages:
What Games are you Playing?; Tell us about your gaming adventures!
Topic Started: Mar 16 2017, 06:27 AM (295 Views)
Wintermoot
Member Avatar
Like Love At First Sight <3
I'm sure a lot of us play games, so I thought it'd be cool to have a place to talk about what we're playing at the moment and where we're at in it. At least we can get some idea of what everyone is into. :)

For me, I was in the mood for something I don't regularly play, and after searching my lists I decided on Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, which I bought from GoG years ago but never actually played. Between having it on the easiest setting and my familiarity with Civ II-era rules (I used to play the shit out of Civ II), I didn't have too much trouble, though adjusting to the graphics took a bit of time for me. It was interesting for me, but at the same time I don't really get the hype the game had...it's a lot like futuristic Civ II with a better diplomacy system, and I could recall some Civ II mods I had more fun with. In fact, maybe next time I'm in the mood I'll see if I can get that installed and going on this computer...
Mini Profile Top

Funkadelia
Member Avatar

Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda.... Zelda
Mini Profile Top

Lazamiga
Member Avatar
Lazarene
Sims 3: World Adventures, Late Night, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise and Into The Future. All at the same time because I bloody well can :P
Mini Profile Top

Wintermoot
Member Avatar
I only have the base Sims 3 and Seasons, which a friend bought for me. I imagine my experience is very limited without the many other expansions. :P
Mini Profile Top

The Church of Satan
Member Avatar
I HAVE CHORTLES!
Lately I've been playing Adventure Quest 3D.
Mini Profile Top

Lazamiga
Member Avatar
Lazarene
The Church of Satan
Mar 16 2017, 04:49 PM
I played the 2D version growing up, it was a fixture of my childhood. I might try the 3D version, for a bit of a trip down memory lane, I honestly stopped keeping track of Artix Entertainment years ago...

@Wintermoot: do you like Sims 3 and Seasons? :) I love my expansions, and when I say I can, it's because my PC is a monster XD
Edited by Lazamiga, Mar 17 2017, 01:30 AM.
Mini Profile Top

Wintermoot
Member Avatar
Lazamiga
Mar 17 2017, 01:28 AM
@Wintermoot: do you like Sims 3 and Seasons? :) I love my expansions, and when I say I can, it's because my PC is a monster XD
I've always liked the idea Sims...I remember when it first came out and I actually bought a good many of the expansions for the original game. The only thing I've never liked about the series is that I'm someone who's always had to get games on the cheap, and the Sims has always been a giant money pit with its dozens of expansions. As it is, I got Sims 3 as part of a Humble Bundle, and like I said a friend bought Seasons for me. :)

That being said, I like what I do have...it's fun building a character, designing and building a house, and directing someone's life...and snow. I like that it has snow with Seasons. :D
Mini Profile Top

Lazamiga
Member Avatar
Lazarene
The Sims series is unique in a lot of games I've played--which is anyway, because most of the games I was able to manage on my previous 2000/XP computers that I used well into the 2010s were browser RPGs like Artix Entertainment's range and online virtual pet games like Neopets--and it's a great refresher from all the combat-heavy games that I used to play and got sick of, in that it's got no concept of winning, but rather a large world of exploration, the right degree of control, and a platform for creativity. I especially love customising the lots and also individual sims. What I especially love is being able to create my dream family, or a group of my friends in the same household (I got myself and a few of my closest NS friends in my household in the game I'm playing at the moment) and also for them to interact with each other, too. It's like experiencing an alternate reality, or imagining how things would be if y'all lived together.

Also, I recall you talking about buying games cheap, and I do that too, often waiting years for prices to go down, just to get a game I want, or to wait until I have a better machine than the shit ones I used to have in order to be able to play it. And it's really lovely of your friend too ^_^ As someone who hasn't seen snow IRL (because of my location it doesn't dip too far below 60F) it was fun to play in snow in my household.
Mini Profile Top

The Church of Satan
Member Avatar
I HAVE CHORTLES!
Lazamiga
Mar 17 2017, 01:28 AM
The Church of Satan
Mar 16 2017, 04:49 PM
I played the 2D version growing up, it was a fixture of my childhood. I might try the 3D version, for a bit of a trip down memory lane, I honestly stopped keeping track of Artix Entertainment years ago...
I rather enjoyed the 2D version. Dragonquest and Mechquest were pretty fun as well. I like seeing all the silly shit from Artix Entertainment finally going 3D. ^_^
Mini Profile Top

New Rogernomics
Member Avatar
Ghost of Kitties Past
Stellaris
Mini Profile Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Cantina · Next Topic »
Image hosting by Photobucket
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith - Recolored by Seth of Outline