Lazarene payment scheme
This thread is based off New Rogernomic's thoughts on wages and salaries and is intended to get a community discussion going.

Generally how salaries and wages should be structured is by:
Automatic Shop Prices, and realistic expectations of how much effort should be required to purchase them.
Manual Shop Prices.
Forum Activity.
What the currency will be otherwise used for.
Currently wages and salaries are provided monthly, but perhaps it might be better to have them provided weekly.
Also taking into account bank interest income and switching to a weekly version, we could reduce the salaries and wages.

Here is a possible revision with that in mind:

Citizen(E)
Description: Holds a paid position in the region.
Salary (weekly): ƒ1500

Citizen(EA)
Description: Holds a paid position in the region as an appointed executive assistant.
Salary (weekly): ƒ2000

Councillor
Description: Holds a paid position in the region as a Councillor of Lazarene Security.
Salary (weekly): ƒ3000

Delegate
Description: Holds a paid position in the region as the World Assembly Delegate of the region.
Salary (weekly): ƒ3800

Vice-Delegate
Description: Holds a paid position in the region as the Vice-Delegate of the region.
Salary (weekly): ƒ3500

Minister
Description: Holds a paid position in the region as an appointed executive.
Salary (weekly): ƒ3250

Speaker
Description: Holds a paid position in the region as the speaker of the legislature.
Salary (weekly): ƒ3250

Foreign Dignitaries
Description: Are provided a living salary while they are here representing their region.
Salary (weekly): ƒ1500
Ideally, we would formalise our monetary system through legislation. That way, much like a real-life country, we would be able to apply taxes and suffer through the inevitable disputes over income inequality.

But, what other ways can we expand on this?
The income system is bugged right now.
[Image: PXNcgif.png]
Forum Administrator

Nation Send Me a Message 

I have fixed the Newpoints plugin, so this feature is working again.
[Image: PXNcgif.png]
Forum Administrator

Nation Send Me a Message 

Okay.

Well, people are currently sorting out whether or not to implement a LazCorp theme so I suppose it best to wait and see how that turns out. We can implement this payment scheme based off that if and when that comes into fruition.
(09-14-2018, 07:53 AM)Amerion Wrote:
Okay.

Well, people are currently sorting out whether or not to implement a LazCorp theme so I suppose it best to wait and see how that turns out. We can implement this payment scheme based off that if and when that comes into fruition.

The currency system is an admin organized system that is voluntary to participate in.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of admin tasks do before I can go back to working on the currency system. Given that I have to add the shop items back, try and clean up the bank accounts of people who added money to them, and add purchased items back (where possible).