Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

First Citizen (PM) Announcements

• Thread starter Thread starter Goldie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

First speech as First Citizen: New Rogernomics

Thank you for electing me as First Citizen or Prime Minister.

I would also like to thank the outgoing First Citizen, Custadia, for allowing me to be Foreign Minister of Lazarus during his term.

Firstly, during the first month of my term I will be putting forward a resolution in the Lazarene Assembly to establish a stronghold that could eventually be converted into a frontier, and putting in the effort to establish the regional guard of Lazarus into a regional military that could participate in operations with our regional allies and friends. This is no easy task and I readily admit that.

Secondly, I will be establishing in-game regional representatives who will be elected by in-game polls and have regional powers to create polls in Lazarus, and perhaps further powers if it is reasonable to do so. This will be a way I believe to establish more of a say of our residents in the region and make residents and citizens feel more included.

Lastly, Lazarus will establish a new regional motto as the last one has been long since retired with the end of LazCorp theme.

It is also clear to me that Lazarus will face challenges in regards to the Brotherhood of Malice, The Communist Bloc, and perhaps Osiris too. I hope certainly that Lazarus will be prepared to meet these challenges if they should arise and support our regional allies and friends.

Lazarus has a clear opportunity to realize itself as a more prominent region in Nationstates though this is going to take a lot of hard work and effort during to my term to achieve, and during the coming weeks I will be putting together my cabinet to take a shot at this.

I hope that you have a great weekend, and may Lazarus prevail! Until we find a new regional motto and have something more fun to shout!

Sincerely,
New Rogernomics
First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus

First Citizen's Residence, Capital District, Lazarus

Many of you in the region are concerned about the direction of our region and this is something I feel I should address. I'm still committed to making this region work, though I had to take a mental health break due to my relationship and move cities. I expect to be back in the game next month, and you'll be seeing more activity from me.

This is the first speech I have made in a long time.

No one likes to take ownership for not doing enough for the region, but I feel I should because of the sway and power I have in the region, whether as First Citizen or Prime Minister, Vice Delegate, or even as a citizen of the region.

I have been through many iterations of Lazarus, and I've walked through being a defender, being a raider, and then turning un-aligned. I respect defenders, raiders, and those that haven't picked a side and won't be likely to. I have criticisms of both defenders and raiders throughout my time in the game, and I do not want Lazarus to become a purely defender or raider controlled region.

The mistake of heavily going in one direction cost us dearly in the past, and resulted in the driving away of active players who we will never likely see again for various reasons, and turn others into threats to regional security that we would let back in at our own peril – due to their actions in the wider Nationstates community towards certain major regional friends.

I have tried to rebuild our community from that and give us stability, and that meant me burning bridges with raider friends I had and putting this region first, as well as making tough choices to build alliances and create friendships or alliances with regions at the cost of relations with others. (edited)

I must admit now that while Lazarus has won the war to endure it has not won the peace and proven itself a vibrant community once more. The hardest part of leadership is finding the right people to take charge and directing them to do what is right or necessary, rather than what is easy or convenient.

The hardest part for me as Lazarene was having to say farewell to the democratic basis of our region we had with elected Delegacies, and to see that aspect of our region fade away, even though I feel it had to fade away because of the new realities of the game that a restorer or sinker was not defendable without a stable Delegacy, and that regional elections for the Delegacy could tragically imperil our regional security as it had in the past.

So, we have tried to build a region around a community that is in a half-way house between full democracy and a defacto monarchy, and I feel that this sort of attempt has failed to bring us the activity we looked for. No one will accept us as a full democracy and people expect to be rewarded for their activity, not merely given the ability to run for office as a token gesture.

I think it is time we restored the Lazarene monarchy in terms of titles and nobility, and put our regional theme to use, and that means from now I will not be speaking to you as someone purely Out of Character anymore, except in situations where I am required to as an administrator or for in-game moderation purposes.

I started the game as an in-character player, and I am prepared to return to that because I feel that it is what the region needs now. That means I'll gradually start doing regular speeches and try to be the more fun player I really could be if I returned to those roots.

I have come to accept the reality that Lazarus is only going to gain a presence again in Nationstates through military actions and roleplaying activity, and so that is the direction I will push us to follow, until the rest of the regional institutions can be driven back into activity.

I cannot do this alone, though I can lead by example, which might mean ruffling a few feathers in the defender or raider world or pushing some boundaries of regionalism for regional pride or inspiration. In words of Jesus to Saint Lazarus I would say, "Lazarus, come out!" and let's build the community we should be and could be if we have the faith to try.

I think a Democracy could still work. Everyone may not participate in it but if a portion does then It could work. The workload has to be shared and cannot just rely on one person.

Maybe it is time to open elections again to see if people would be interested in running for a last ditch attempt.

Last edited:
Back