Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Discussion Extrememeasures for Prime Minister: June Election

Isn't this the same old same old that we've been pledging to do for months on end, yet nothing ever comes of it? So why are you any different?

Isn't this the same old same old that we've been pledging to do for months on end, yet nothing ever comes of it? So why are you any different?

That is a great question! It is a lot of the same old, same old but it's all things that if Lazarus is going to get back on track are needed to be done. We need to generate activity on all three platforms. To do this properly we need to prioritize and work one thing at a time or make small improvements in each area.

Why am I different than any of the others that have tried? To be honest I am probably not much different. Everyone that has taken up the Prime Minister role has had good intentions when they take office and do their best to do what they can. I have revived many different regions in my many years in NS. I created the URA from scratch and ensure it continues to function though as of late have taken a more hands-off role there. and let my people there do their thing. In Lazarus, there is very few people available currently to run the region. To make a revival possible we need all interested personnel to work together for a common goal of getting this region back to where it was or even up with the rest of the Sinkers in the game. I do think it's possible! If we can get things going again. There has to be people out there interested in R/D to revive the Laz Gaurd. There has to be people interested in writing stories for the Gazette. We need to make the processes we have in place more user-friendly and easier to maneuver. Look for example our current application process to become a shareholder is a few weeks process most of the time. There has to be a way to make the process easier to attract more people to become Shareholders. I don't have all the answers but I do plan to brainstorm with the cabinet that I will form if elected. I plan to put people in place that will be ready and willing to do the hard work that is needed to bring Lazarus back to old normal. This will not happen overnight but it can happen and I do have the drive and the experience to give it my best shot. I hope this answered your question well enough.

I have some questions for the candidate.

Q1: What specific regional partners do you think we need to strengthen our relationship with, and as I've brought up the question in past elections, do you have any opinion on relations with Balder?

Q2: What sorts of votes do you think we should be supporting in the World Assembly? As we are not part of any WA voting bloc and aligning with certain resolutions has the potential to have foreign policy implications.

Q3: Finding someone to run the Gazette is easier said than done, do you have anyone in mind, and if not, what qualities are you going to be looking for in an editor?

Q4: You mention revamping the Regional Guard, what do you mean by this in terms of operations? As anti-fascist operations are largely what Lazarus has been doing, though that seems to have died down lately.

Q5: What are you meaning in terms of red tape as far as role-play? As there isn't any actual organization of it on the RMB and nations do their own thing.

Q6: As far as expanding upon the Card Guild are you referring to Debussy's proposal, or do you have something else in mind?

Q7: What would you look for in internal or external events, and do you have any specific activity in mind?

Q8: What specific priority you've mentioned will you focus on first?

I have some questions for the candidate.

Q1: What specific regional partners do you think we need to strengthen our relationship with, and as I've brought up the question in past elections, do you have any opinion on relations with Balder?

Q2: What sorts of votes do you think we should be supporting in the World Assembly? As we are not part of any WA voting bloc and aligning with certain resolutions has the potential to have foreign policy implications.

Q3: Finding someone to run the Gazette is easier said than done, do you have anyone in mind, and if not, what qualities are you going to be looking for in an editor?

Q4: You mention revamping the Regional Guard, what do you mean by this in terms of operations? As anti-fascist operations are largely what Lazarus has been doing, though that seems to have died down lately.

Q5: What are you meaning in terms of red tape as far as role-play? As there isn't any actual organization of it on the RMB and nations do their own thing.

Q6: As far as expanding upon the Card Guild are you referring to Debussy's proposal, or do you have something else in mind?

Q7: What would you look for in internal or external events, and do you have any specific activity in mind?

Q8: What specific priority you've mentioned will you focus on first?

1. Great question! We have quite a few different current embassy and treaty partners that we could be working with culturally to help us get activity going in Lazarus. I am hoping to reach out to some of them with the help of the Public Relations dept to plan events that will satisfy some of our treaty requirements and also strengthen the bonds we currently have with various regions. I would like to get the outside perception that "Lazarus is Dead" out of the overall thoughts of a lot of the regions of the NS world.

In an effort to do so I am hoping to plan meetings with each of our treatied and Embassy regions to see exactly where we stand with them and see how we can improve upon relations. I will probley start with our current embassy's that I personally already know well like The West Pacific, Anteria, and The North Pacific but do plan to speak with all.

To answer your question on Balder: I would be open to expanding our FA in that regard, but contingent that it doesn't affect any of the current relationships we have with other regions, and if there is an interest on their end to start a dialogue.

2. With almost 250 votes for our Delegate, we wield some power in the World Assembly. If you look at the Condemn Lily in the Security Council with it being so close our 248 votes have given the advantage and shaped the overall outcome of the vote. As the World Assembly is a mechanic of the game we should as a government ensures that our shareholders and World Assembly members are informed on the basics of each resolution. As you said some of them can have FA implications. As Tubs votes with the majority of the region, we need to make sure that on some of these more controversial votes we are voting for the best interest of Lazarus to ensure we don't cause any stress on our government or cause any international ripples with our vote. . So to do so informing our WA nations and shareholders on what is best for Lazarus will at least make us look like a responsible government and discussion around implications of how we vote in the end. Being informed as a region goes a long way in preventing issues some votes might cause.

3. I currently don't have someone in mind for the position, but when looking to fill the position I will be looking for someone who is active and has the motivation to get the job done on time each month. In addition, they would need to possess skills that go along with being an editor. Like good at proofreading, putting together the publication, and capable of distributing it within the region and to our allies.

4. When talking about the Guard I am talking about a complete rebuild. We lack the manpower to be able to even do operations at this point from what I can see. If we were to ever be attacked internally we would have no way of defending ourselves on our own. Yes, we have our allies to call upon but this makes us look weak. We need to rebuild the guard so that we can not only defend ourselves but also conduct missions.

The kind of missions will need to be determined at this point; we are not even there yet. We need to rebuild and train our forces before we even consider conducting official operations,anti-fascist or otherwise. I do have military experience in the past and will be more than happy to take an active role in the rebuild with whoever is in charge of the Guard going forward.

5. Maybe Red Tape is a bit extreme or misworded. I am not an expert in terms of Roleplays but I just find that it is not overly easy to figure out how to sign up etc. I know there is a dispatch but I think there could be ways to make it more accessible and easier for newcomers to understand and participate. Generally, I want to improve the accessibility of the RP for newcomers.

6. I am talking about Debussy's proposal. I would like to see it passed soon. I think it would be good to get something official in place and the card guild could drive activity on the Discord.

7. Internally one event that I do have planned is the "Lazarus Open" which will pit nations in Lazarus against each other in an elimination tournament based on the random stat of the day. I have run this event elsewhere and it was a huge success. Prizes are handed out to the top 4 places. It's a great way to promote activity on all platforms that we have.

As for external, I would like to plan some kind of festival or event with one of our ally regions. I have not thought specifically about who or what type as of yet.

Generally, though, I want to hold events that are easy to participate in and engage in but don't require a herculean effort on our part to execute.

8. The top priority for me is to get all platforms more active. I think this will take a combination of a lot of the things mentioned from events on discord, the forum, and the RMB, getting the Guard active and running at full force, and the card guild going on the discord, as well as running regular events. One thing in addition to what I have spoken of that I will be encouraging is to get more nations to sign up as a Shareholder and make that process run smoother and quicker. I find the current process to take weeks at times. That is not acceptable. It needs to be done within 3 to 4 days at most.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers, and good luck on your upcoming vote.

Back