ƒ4,103
Eevee
Cyndaquil
Nation
Debussy
Region
Lazarus
Shareholders of Lazarus,

Domais Domais has been appointed to serve as Director of Shareholdership and Recruitment. As per Mandate 12 IV.6, this appointment is subject to a simple majority confirmation by the Shareholders of Lazarus.

The appointment announcement by Managing Director, Wang Yao Wang Yao:

February 26th, 2022
Greetings, fellow Lazarenes and Shareholders,

First of all, I am very humbled with the trust that have been put into me by all the ones who voted in favor of my platform, may that trust not be disappointed!
Now, I shall make various appointments concerning my Cabinet so that the Government can work together in the interest of the Peace, Happiness and Sovereignty of the Lazarene People.

All Deputy Directors not mentioned below will be dismissed, while will be either appointed or maintained the following:

Director of Public Relations: @McChimp
Director of Shareholders and Recruitment: @Domais
Director of Internal Management: @Ellenburg#8639
Director of the Regional Guard: @joWhatup

@Tinhampton will be maintained as Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs overseeing WA Affairs (Vice-Director of World Assembly Affairs).
There may, or may not, be another appointment to be done if a strong candidate appears motivated to serve as Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs with a focus on cards.

May Lazarus thrive under their careful watch and efforts,
Long Live Lazarus! We're Dead Serious!

This thread may be used for discussion and motions regarding this appointment.

-- Debussy, Deputy Speaker/Acting Speaker

No objection.

I second this motion.

It seems the people who had issues with this nomination did not voiced out their concerns before the vote, neither in public, nor in my DMs, nor in this thread.
It seems like a waste of democratic debates to me, thus I will encourage abstaining fellow Shareholders to vote in favor of this confirmation:

- Domais have had one of the most successful term as PM for the last year, they kept their electoral promises and I believe are deserving of our respect.
- They served three successful terms as Director of this department and have set an example of reactivity and activity for future Directors of Shareholdership.
- When I became Prime Minister, several citizenship applications were left waiting since the Special Election had led these applications to be neglected, Domais (and Delegate Tubbius) reacted swiftly to fix this situation and from that experience I know that I won't have to worry about this department during my term if Domais does serves as my Director of Shareholdership.

Thank you for reading to those interested in making themselves a fairer opinion on this candidate.

I don't see why we need to beat around the bush. Obviously Domais' term wasn't as successful as a few people believe it to be, looking at all the abstentions.

No hate, I just think maybe a lot of people could do a better job, maybe a newer person would be willing?
Either way I'll support whatever decisions the PM decides to make regarding their role in the government because I know you're competent and believe you're willing to take time to better our region.

Last edited:
I'm not here to get particularly involved in the politics. I'll vote, but I don't wish to change anyone's votes. I simply wasn't impressed with the results of Domais' term as Prime Minister. I feel like that term reflects on what his term as a Minister would be like. I could be jaded by my involvement in more active regions prior to my return, but my standards might very well be different from that of other shareholders as well. If you want Domais for the job, Wang, I won't try to change your mind. Besides, I would much rather let the votes speak for themselves (yay democracy.)

I'm glad you both took the time to state the reasons behind your vote, as I prefer to have at least some bit of debating/explanations when a vote is controversial.
(Note that this was not personal, I just preferred to let people know why I believe Domais to be a good pick for this position)

Unless some people want to add more to the debate, I don't intend to add more to it and will rather just let the votes decide.

You guys don't realize that I have been in this position many times before. I have done a good job. This is not a confirmation vote for PM but for Granting Offical. Maybe, you should look at my past record in this position. There is a reason I have been appointed 4 times to this position.

You guys don't realize that I have been in this position many times before. I have done a good job. This is not a confirmation vote for PM but for Granting Offical. Maybe, you should look at my past record in this position. There is a reason I have been appointed 4 times to this position.
How many people are active enough to serve as granting official? Doesn't seem like there's enough people willing to contribute to the government besides the same people.

Perhaps you should have done better in your last job if you wished to convince me. It's not personal. I'm just looking at it from an objective viewpoint.

How many people are active enough to serve as granting official? Doesn't seem like there's enough people willing to contribute to the government besides the same people.
I don't understand your point. I do objectively good work in this position. I am actively doing my job. What more do you want from me?
Perhaps you should have done better in your last job if you wished to convince me. It's not personal. I'm just looking at it from an objective viewpoint.
I have objectively achieved the most things of any Prime Minister since probably Imaginary but I guess doing things is not enough. So you are not looking at it from an objective viewpoint.

I'm saying that I don't think being reappointed 4 times is a show of merit necessarily. If we don't have enough active/willing people to fill positions the same people will continue to do the same jobs. I wasn't referring to you, really.

I don't understand your point. I do objectively good work in this position. I am actively doing my job. What more do you want from me?

I have objectively achieved the most things of any Prime Minister since probably Imaginary but I guess doing things is not enough. So you are not looking at it from an objective viewpoint.
I'm accustomed to achieving a higher standard, with more palpable results. This is no fault of your own.

I'm saying that I don't think being reappointed 4 times is a show of merit necessarily. If we don't have enough active/willing people to fill positions the same people will continue to do the same jobs. I wasn't referring to you, really.
I just looked at every single current Shareholder application that was processed by me. I encourage everyone else to do the same. You will see that 9 times out of 10 I get back to the applicant within 3 days. Most times the next day or even the same day. And, if you notice the few times that I did not was because the application was posted before I was Granting Offical. So I disagree with any claims that my service was not mertious.

I just looked at every single current Shareholder application that was processed by me. I encourage everyone else to do the same. You will see that 9 times out of 10 I get back to the applicant within 3 days. Most times the next day or even the same day. And, if you notice the few times that I did not was because the application was posted before I was Granting Offical. So I disagree with any claims that my service was not mertious.
With all due respect, I don't find processing paperwork to be meritorious.

My reasoning for abstaining is simple. I do not want to go against the wishes of the PM in his nomination process but I feel that if they couldn't finish their term as Prime Minister and had to resign why should they be rewarded with another post? I see they have done their job since being appointed hence why I didn't vote Nay that and out of respect for our current PM. I might be old fashion in thinking but I couldn't vote Aye because I can't get past the very recent resignation from office. Hope this makes sense to all. I won't be changing my vote. This is not at all personal either as I barely know the nominee on a personal level.

Back