Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

Proposal Lazarene Culture Act (January 2022)

Domais

The Domster!
Strategos (LazGuard Commander)
Citizen
Resident (Lazarus)
Verified
Feather
ƒ2,896
Nation
Domais
Region
Lazarus
Lazarene Culture Act

Proposed by: @Domais

Preamble

To strengthen the culture of Lazarus by making several provisions to that end.

Section 1. Constitutional sSatus

(1) This act shall be constitutional law and subject to the approval for the enactment and amendments, thereof.

Section 2. On Lazarene Culture

(1) The official motto of Lazarus shall be "We're dead serious".

(2) The official symbol and animal of Lazarus shall be the phoenix.

(3) The official Demonym of Lazarus shall be Lazarene.

(4) The official catch-phrase of Lazarus shall be mmph, or a variation thereof.

Section 3. On Hoildays

(1) Every Delegate of Lazarus under the Twelfth Mandate of Lazarus shall be honored with a regional holiday. Corresponding to the day that they were elected gameside.

(a) Additionally, when celebrating Imkiville's delegacy the region shall celebrate Mandate Day, celebrating the Twelfth Mandate of Lazarus. This hoilday shall be specifically called Renewal Day.
(b) The Assembly, by a two-thirds vote may remove the holiday of any Delegate of Lazarus under the Twelfth Mandate, but such resolution must include reasons as to why such honor was revoked.

(2) November 17, shall be Democracy Day, celebrating the enactment of democracy in Lazarus under the Twelfth Mandate.

Section 4. On Regional Legends

(1) The Assembly, by a two-thirds vote may designate any current citizen or former citizen of Lazarus under the Twelfth Mandate of Lazarus a Regional Legend.

(a) Such proposal shall include the reasons why said person's contributions to Lazarus warrant said honor.
(b) Designation of a Regional Legend does not confer anything except recognition for meritorious service to Lazarus.

(2) The Assembly, by a two-thirds vote may revoke a Regional Legend, but any relevant proposal revoking a Regional Legend must include reasons why such an honor should be revoked.

(3) Upon the enactment of this act, Imkiville shall be granted the status of a Regional Legend for founding the current Lazarus, and meritorious leadership.

(a) The Assembly, may use the provisions laid herein to pass a full resolution on the Regional Legend status of Imkiville.

Section 5. Flag code

(1) The flag of Lazarus shall always include the official symbol of Lazarus.

Meh, I don't like section 5 either, or Democracy day, or that we can't change the motto without a super majority, or any of it without a super majority. I'll post edits later today.

Last edited:
Opposed wholeheartedly to this act as it just restricts citizens and doesn't really add anything to the region.

Also: re: holidays, honoring every Delegate? Seems a little cultish when we instead could have a holiday act with a "Delegate Day".

against until the following is corrected/changed:

section 1 title has a typo​
not a fan of 2.1​
not a fan of 2.4​
grammar in 3.1 is broken​
grammar in 3.1a is broken​
grammar in 3.1b is broken​
grammar in 3.2 is broken​
grammar in 4.1 is broken​
grammar in 4.2 is broken​
grammar in 4.3a is broken​

Opposed wholeheartedly to this act as it just restricts citizens and doesn't really add anything to the region.

Also: re: holidays, honoring every Delegate? Seems a little cultish when we instead could have a holiday act with a "Delegate Day".
& i like this idea for delegate day

against until the following is corrected/changed:

section 1 title has a typo​
not a fan of 2.1​
The motto of Lazarus was adopted a few years ago by a forum vote. So, it is a part of our culture, whether or not you are a fan.

I think this act is largely unnecessary. These cultural traditions cannot established by law, but instead establish themselves by custom.
Section 2.2. and 2.3. I can fully agree with, but consider the rest unnecesary to put into legislation.

Section 4 is worthy of discussion, but could be replaced by creating an official Lazarene medal that is bestowed upon exemplary citizens.

I think this act is largely unnecessary. These cultural traditions cannot established by law, but instead establish themselves by custom.
Section 2.2. and 2.3. I can fully agree with, but consider the rest unnecesary to put into legislation.

Section 4 is worthy of discussion, but could be replaced by creating an official Lazarene medal that is bestowed upon exemplary citizens.
I completely agree with you. This act is largely unnecessary.

Back