Welcome to Lazarus

Please register to view all features

[Discussion] Discussion of the Potential for Radical Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feather
ƒ1,327
To those of you who may not know who I am, I represent the nation known as the Zapatian Workers State, although you can simply call me ZWS. In my past experiences, attempting to meddle with the current organization of Lazarus is a futile attempt, as the current manifestation of the Lazarene state was agreed upon by a broad majority, and considering that Lazarus has been shocked to the core of its institutional foundations before by coups d'etat and hostile conspiracies. With that said, and keeping in mind that my previous efforts to "go against the grain" on mixing things up have not been well-presented or well-received, I would like to hold a discussion on whether the active majority invested into the workings of this region think that substantial institutional reorganization, as opposed to adding layers of bureaucracy in the name of formality, is possible in the prevailing climate, or even desirable.

For an indicaton of the types of ideas I would like to see legislated, I have:

1) Called for an end to the policy of official neutrality in military conduct
2) Called for the guard to be made subordinate to the office of the Managing Director for better coordination with foreign policy objectives
3) Called for the creation, whether as a subdivision of the guard or as a separately chartered state apparatus, a corps to collect information and conduct espionage operations
4) Called for an act to enable the Managing Director to deploy the guard on a limited basis to react more promptly and effectively to aggression of enemy powers if needed, prior to and contingent for long-term extension upon the 2/3 vote for a declaration of war in the Assembly.

I realize that these ideas are seen as... um... wacky by the more pacifistically-minded people of Lazarus, but just out of curiosity I was wondering if there could be any room for compromise or point of agreement, however marginal, so that I could potentially see some small part of this program consummated in the near-future.

The problem of above, is that it could hypothetically politicize the regional guard i.e. a Managing Director going for election to change the guard to an R/D affiliation would be far easier if they are in contol of the Guard.

New Rogernomics;8342 said:
The problem of above, is that it could hypothetically politicize the regional guard i.e. a Managing Director going for election to change the guard to an R/D affiliation would be far easier if they are in contol of the Guard.

Does it not show a lack of confidence in the stability of our newly enshrined democratic institutions that you think legislation is necessary to tie our elected officials' hands on the matter? You may all be unanimously agreed now, but what if something happens that demands a dynamic response? And what about the rest of my suggestions?

This alone opens the door to allow another Funkadelia style coup to take place again. We shouldn't get involved in R/D as it puts Lazarus at too big of a risk to, again, completely wrecking the region.

Capercom;8345 said:

This alone opens the door to allow another Funkadelia style coup to take place again. We shouldn't get involved in R/D as it puts Lazarus at too big of a risk to, again, completely wrecking the region.

Which is why stricter security measures also need to be instituted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back