Verified
Feather
ƒ1,256
Nation
Leonism
Region
Lazarus
Dear fellow citizens,

Roleplaying (from here own abbreviated as RP) has always been an integral part of our community's interaction on our RMB. Since the LazMAP exists, it has proved to be a valuable resource for RP, with roleplay based on the LazMAP geography being commonly termed "Map RP". This is the closest we've got to an "official" RP in Lazarus.
With the recent increase in interest and participation in Map RP, it has become obvious that some form of guidance is needed to create the basis for fair and balanced RP, to aboid powergaming and establish a common "lore" behind our RP.

I've created this thread to discuss wheter - and how - to best regulate Map RP in the form of a Lazarene law, while I want any such law - should it come to pass - to explicitly acknowledge that citizens are free to roleplay in any form (RMB, Forums, Discord etc.) or scenario they want aside from the "official" Map RP.

Furthermore, certain facts about the Map, such as the size and geophysical properties of "Planet Lazarus" and the star system it is contained in shall be discussed and - if deemed appropriate and necessary - codified.

I have deliberately not yet written a draft of a potential Roleplay Act because I wanted to gather your ideas and thoughts first. A proper discussion of the legal aspects of any future law may follow in time.

I don't think we need a law for a map, as geographic positions and even appropriate software would need to be discussed, as each nation can have their own RP territory.

A lot of nations including mine would be locked out from RP, unless the map is changed to match my nations actual boundaries, and others could complain because a 'Laz World' fills up and there is no room left for their nation.

Lazarus could never have just one official map, it would need multiple. Codifying the map is very limiting to RPs, as maps are best created to be RP specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back